Start by marking “Surrendering All But Her Heart” as Want to Read:
Surrendering All But Her Heart

Surrendering All But Her Heart

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  145 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Keeping your enemies close…Natalie Armitage's world shattered the first time Angelo Belladini mentioned marriage. Their affair had been intensely passionate, but she had learned to close off her heart at an early age, so the thought of exposing it to anyone made her run.

Five years later she's facing her second proposal from Angelo—but his molten brown eyes are burning with
Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Surrendering All But Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrendering All But Her Heart

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I gobbled this book down. Seriously! I was so drawn into this story. The heroine's personality and the psychology of her character was tremendously fascinating. I think Milburne nailed Natalie. Natalie was a ball of rage, and with good reason. She is a realistic product of toxic parents who have forced an innocent child to shoulder blame for something that never should have been her responsibility. And as the author showed, this damage doesn't just disappear overnight. Instead, a hurt child like ...more
Nas Dean
Oct 06, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
SURRENDERING ALL BUT HER HEART by USA Bestselling Author Melanie Milburne is a Harlequin Presents release for November 2012.

Natalie Armitage had walked away from her very passionate affair with Angelo Belladini when she had sensed him getting too serious about her. At twenty one, she was not read to commit to marriage.

Now Angelo was back and he was after marriage again, but this time around he was hell bent on revenge!

Natalie had to accept for her family but would he be able to thaw her frozen h
TashNz
Oct 18, 2012 TashNz rated it really liked it
Damaged Natalie walked away from Angelo five years ago and didnt look back until she was forced back into his life as a result of her wayward brother's actions. And so begins such a heartfelt and emotionally charged story that my heart almost broke for Natalie and the secret pain and guilt she
was carrying that was figuratively squashing her.

Angelo jumps at the chance that fate has bought Natalie back to him and wastes no time promising her that if she doesn't want her little brother to see the
Tia
Oct 19, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
Before I Read The Novel:
Harlequin, YAY! I hope its good but why would the heroine teach herself not to love?

In The Novel:
I'm thirty-one pages in and I'm in shock about how the story is going. The heroine is really fucked up and has been a while due to the drowning and death of her brother.

Side comments: (as I'm reading the novel)
- The heroine is very rude towards the hero.
- The heroine has very little self respect and self esteem.

In The Novel:
When I finished reading the novel, I was a bit uni
Dalia
Jan 24, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
This is a dark story and the reader must be in the right mood to appreciate it. The hero is the one who wants love, commitment and marriage. The heroine is the one with secrets, the one fighting her demons. Natalie has carried the guilt of her baby brother's death since she was seven years old. She has learned to hide the inner turmoil of her emotions and erect walls around her heart. She has the worst father figure ever, the worst marriage example in her parents, it's no surprise she is so scre ...more
Desere
Oct 11, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing
Surrendering all but her heart is the latest masterpiece of the perfect lovers reunited romance entwined with passion,intrigue and above all a scandalous secret.

Mrs Milburne has for years entertained readers with stories filled with extreme passion,true love and stories that border so close on real life situations that I have always been able to get completely lost and entranced and be left with the old saying ...that could definitely happen.

In Surrendering all but her heart she has gone even fu
Maria
Feb 11, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
This is one of the darkest romances I've read in this imprint. The heroine's demons are truly alarming, if understandable. I liked the redemption in the story and the message that love has healing qualities.

The love scenes were wild and sometimes really shocking. There seems to be an absence of tenderness and even if it wasn't exactly the specialize in pain type of sex as such, there was this type of need to inflict pain on the partner that I found ever so slightly disturbing. The love and tende
Sweety
Dec 10, 2012 Sweety rated it really liked it
What i like in this book? i like how deep Angelo love Natalie, yeah i know that Angelo have ruthless idea of revenge for Natalie, but it because he can not make his love for Natalie change, he already try to forget Natalie in 5 years they broke up, but he still remember Natalie. I also love that Angelo really care about Natalie and her phobia.

Natalie lost her baby brother, when she is seven, she supposed to watch her brother while his father take the telephone, but her brother drown in the pool,
Rebecca
Dec 03, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
I think you could pick up any book by Ms. Milburne and immediately recognize it as her work, which is quite the accomplishment. This book features her trademark angst (the heroine is VERY troubled), and I found myself very frustrated with the heroine. I really wanted to smack the heroine for trying to fix all of her younger brother's problems, which provides the set-up for the blackmail that leads to the marriage. I think this particular story needed a bit more length to deal with the heroine's ...more
Yazmin
Dec 07, 2012 Yazmin rated it it was amazing
Surrendering All But Her Heart by Melanie Milburne is a romance about getting a second chance at your first love. It’s a sweet and passionately hot story.

Natalie Armitage has always opened herself up physically but never emotionally. She learned at a very young age, from her tyrant father, that if your emotions get involved you can get deeply hurt. So after living with and having a passionate affair with Angelo Belladini, she runs away from him at the first hint that he wants marriage. Read More
Cady Lorenzana
Nov 27, 2015 Cady Lorenzana rated it it was amazing
Damn. This book was so good. I wished not to end that early. And why oh why there is no epilogue?!

What's the best in it was the hero. Angelo Bellandini, where art thou?
Tali
This is a bit of a tricky book to review because on the one hand, I really hated the first half, but on the other hand, I really liked the second half. If you stick around that far, the developments in the relationship between Natalie and Angelo are brilliant, especially the sections of the plot that deal with Natalie's traumatic past. It's just a shame you have to wade through the manipulative and arrogant character of Angelo in the beginning to get there.
Bit of a mixed bag, so I've gone with a
Vashti
Oct 17, 2012 Vashti rated it liked it
This was an okay read for me.Did not love, nor hate this book.What I did not like was this heroine . The hero could have done so much better .This author is either hot or cold with me lately.
Annie Burrows
Nov 20, 2012 Annie Burrows rated it liked it
very moving. a cut above the average "vengeful" marriage tale from mills & boon
Se Mcgregor
May 16, 2016 Se Mcgregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! You cannot help but fall in love with the hero Angelo. Sigh. Yes, as other reviewers have commented, it is quite a dark book (subject matter); the heroine was very troubled by a childhood event and her father was just awful! I've already read it twice, pretty sure it belongs in my "favourites" list.
Trudy Miner
May 07, 2013 Trudy Miner rated it it was amazing
Angelo Belladini was THE last person Natalie Armitage wanted to see but she had to deal with him for her brother's sake. Unfortunately Angelo wanted revenge for Natalie walking out on him five years earlier and he forces Natalie to marry him in order to keep her brother out of jail. Once married, they learned things about each other that they should have learned when they were together before, things that completely change their whole relationship.

I really liked this book; it was complete in 187
Tizah
Dec 22, 2014 Tizah rated it it was amazing
great reads...!
Jan
Jan 07, 2013 Jan rated it it was amazing
Loved this book it made me cry and laugh then sigh with Natalie's emotional problems from a past tragedy and the Hero Angelo who wanted revenge yet shows his true feelings. Beautifully written and could not put it down. Well done Melanie and can't wait to read more of your books. Surrendering All But Her Heart. Melanie Milburne
Maria
Feb 29, 2016 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quite a drag at the first few chapters till the middle part of the book I guess where the plot of one of the main characters kept revolving on to the same issue. But nonetheless, I am still glad the ending didn’t disappoint me as I wasn’t expecting a turn of the story at last few pages of the book. A good pastime book before bedtime and good enough to learn a lesson from, especially with readers who’s got some things going on from their past.
Marimarime
Oct 13, 2012 Marimarime rated it it was amazing
oh my,what a hero! it's so different-story kept surprising me,the way it's written,gestures of the characters-mainly hero's, metaphors,pacing,passion-love scenes,everything! it's about reunited lovers,blackmailed heroine that is scared of emotional intimacy,bad childhood secret and worse relationship with her parents and hero willing to love,understand,unveil her, force her to let him help,free and cure...
Sascha
May 31, 2013 Sascha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basándome en que es un harlequin , es un buen libro... (repito bajo los harlequin standars) es emotivo, la prota es una bitch total, pero logro agradarme y hasta me dieron mas ganas leer mas de ella
*Mo0sHaLuTz*
May 29, 2013 *Mo0sHaLuTz* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
ahhhh ... ella es una tonta y el es un amor!!!!
me enkanto la trama un libro muy ameno y lindo :)
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Shanelle
A story. Worth a read.
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Katrakis's Sweet Prize
  • A Willing Surrender
  • To Love, Honor and Betray
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • Exquisite Revenge
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion #3)
  • One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4)
  • His Revenge Baby: 50 Loving States, Washington
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Living the Charade
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...