Start by marking “The Dangerous Jacob Wilde” as Want to Read:
The Dangerous Jacob Wilde

The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers #1)

Jacob Wilde lived a fast and furious life of reckless abandon…until his wild streak put a cruel end to a life spent in pursuit of pleasure…The Texan ranching grapevine is legendary, so Addison McDowell has heard all about Jacob Wilde's shameless past—and his scarred, solitary present. But her only focus is her future—which won't include this impossibly arrogant man!

Addison
Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dangerous Jacob Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Jacob Wilde

Saly
A pretty good Marton, hero returns home injured from the army, not sure he wants to with family & the ranch and with no interest in life or women until he sees the heroine.

Heroine is a New York lawyer, there because she inherited a ranch her mentor left her, a gesture misinterpreted by many. The hero & heroine get off the wrong foot which ends up in an apology and torrid sex. The romance is whirlwind in this one but it works. The hero's refusal to face his issues blows up and he returns
Tia
May 21, 2016 Tia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one, it went above and beyond what I expected. It was the perfect angst driven romance for me. I love the hero and heroine, I had an emotional connection to them and couldn't help but smile when they couldn't keep their hands off of each other.
Dalia
Sep 25, 2012 Dalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is quite a combination : strong & feistyheroine, arrogant & larger than life hero, witty banter, dry humor & lots of sizzling attraction. The result : an amazing story. Althu, this story is much darker than the usual SM books.
SM characters are well portrayed, they seem almost real, almost human.
She does an amazing job at portraying awar- damaged hero. Arrogant & vulnerable at the same time, Jake pulled at my heart strings from the word go.
Addison is a no-nonsense NY l
Fiona Marsden
Nov 04, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Marton has a nice line in heroes and Jacob Wilde and the Wilde brothers are more of a good thing.
Jacob is just back from two years of rehabilitation after a mission flying in Afghanistan went wrong. Like many veterans he is feeling at odds with the world and uncertain of his place in it. Returning to the family ranch feels all wrong.
Until he arrives there and meets temporary neighbour Addison. Addison has recreated herself as a high powered NY lawyer. Inheriting the old Chambers ranch nex
Katherine 黄爱芬
Jacob Wilde.

Pria yg rumit.
Veteran perang.
Pria yg trauma akibat perang masih sangat membekas di dirinya, dgn tanda mata kehilangan salah satu matanya.

Addison McDowell.
Pengacara ambisius.
Wanita yg menggiurkan Jacob.

Mereka satu sama lain langsung terbakar dlm sekejap laksana disiram bensin. Setelah itu Addison main jinak-jinak merpati dan kejar daku, kejar daku kau kutangkap.

Konfliknya justru kurang rasional menurut saya. Masa lalu Jacob sewaktu perang yg masih membayangi dirinya, kerap diangka
Nas Dean
Oct 16, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE DANGEROUS JACOB WILDE by USA Bestselling Author Sandra Marton is a November 2012 release by Harlequin Presents and it’s Book one of miniseries The Wilde Brothers.

Jacob Wilde returned a wounded hero from Afghanistan. But he was a tortured and reluctant hero. He had lost some men and it had destroyed him. He flew the Blackhawk and was shot at by the enemies. He wore eye patch as he had come back minus an eye. But these were only exterior wounds; the wound he carried inside was much, much more.
Desere
Oct 09, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Reviewed by Desere

Mrs Marton has always created these fascinating and powerful families and each brother and sister have their own story which is one of my favourite reading addictions.It lets you get to know the family and in the final book it always feels like it just all comes together.

This time we meet The Wilde family. And my oh my what a family it is,Jacob is up first and he is not only dangerous but absolutely drop dead gorgeous ! The author perfectly describes the man as a walking sex m
Ginny Lamere
Jan 09, 2013 Ginny Lamere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all my friends
I love love loved this book. I always say a great book can take you anywhere and that is what this book did, it was intense, funny, entertaining and emotional. Sandra Marton has a way of pulling you into the story and you can't help but feel what the characters are feeling. I could not put this book down until it was done. Thank you Sandra for a wonderfully amazing read
Greiciane
Mar 10, 2014 Greiciane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A série dos irmãos texanos Wilde composta pelos livros Louco Amor, Presente de Uma Noite e Um Homem Impiedoso foi muito boa. Claro que foi estilo água com açúcar, mas foi gostoso de ler os 3 livros. Eu recomendo.

No livro Louco Amor, Jacob Wilde é um homem marcado físico e emocionalmente pela Guerra no Iraque e que esta tentando reconstruir sua via pós guerra. Addison McDowell é independente e praticamente uma workaholic new yorker e quando recebe de herança um rancho no interior de Dallas, pensa
Yazmin
Dec 02, 2012 Yazmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dangerous Jacob Wilde is a fun, and sexy romance.

Jacob Wilde has returned to his family home in Texas under duress from his brothers. After the accident that scarred him and where his Army teammates died, he wants nothing to do with anyone, not even his family. The guilt is too much. He can’t even go to sleep without reliving everything in his nightmares.

Addison is a New York City attorney who inherited the Chamber’s Ranch from her mentor and friend Charlie. She doesn’t want to be in a ranc
Mel
Feb 21, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I soo enjoyed this book. Where to begin.... I have a thing about brooding men. Enter Jacob Wilde. He's back from Afghanistan, and he's a bloody mess. He's scarred and dealing with PTS and he's so lonely. Now, it's difficult to take on a man so damaged, but Jacob just seems worth it. Enter Addison, she's inherited this land, and Jacob was recommended to help her navigate and cultivate the land. He's immediately attracted to her, which causes him to act like a neanderthal and treat her like a trol ...more
Rachel
Apr 12, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and the others in this series. Love the way the author brings the characters together.
nurmawati
yaaah gitu deh...
dari judul keliatan ok...jacob wilde yang berbahaya..
padahal si jacob nya biasa aja ah...tertutup gara2 mata nya buta dan ada parut di wajah nya gara2 perang...
tapi gak gitu seru dan heroine nya juga agak gampang banget di dapetin si jacob...
cuma berawal dari pesta penyambutan jacob, salah paham yaang menyebabkan si addison marah lalu pergi ...dikejar jacob...marah3...trus langsung ML di jalanan pinggir truk nya jacob...so easy ...
abis gitu si jacob langsung tinggal di peternaka
Ada
Dec 06, 2015 Ada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelente
Amanda Sheila
It's quite short, I've finished it in three hours. I don't really like Jake, he's kind of an asshole. I mean, seriously? Snapping at a girl the first time you meet her? Not cool, man. Sure he's got some problems but still, I don't fancy his attitude at all.

So far so good.
L H
Feb 02, 2016 L H rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So much drama, so little romance...SPOILERS
Let's see...they meet one evening, had a major fight in front of people during a party...the same evening ends with them having sex against his truck (or hers I'm not sure)...then she pushes him away...
Next day they have sex again...they spend 2 days together...they are in love and imagining their future together...day 4 they break up! forward 3 months, he's on his way to psychological healing and they live happily ever after....THE END

For someone who h
Maria
Oct 16, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

An alpha male and an alpha female. Jacob and Addison. They're struck by each other on their first meeting and things go completely wrong. She reads him as an arrogant jerk and he reads her as a calculating woman who slept her way into property. With a start like that, things can only get better and before long, their revulsion turned to passion.

But Jacob is an Afghanistan veteran, wounded inside and out. Memories of lost comrades on the battlefield won't leave him alone. When his comrades died i
TashNz
Nov 19, 2012 TashNz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jacob has returned from war, scarred on the inside and outside. It's odd reading about a scarred hero but you get used to it. He visits his family ranch and meets Addison, the neighbouring ranch's owner. There's fireworks between the two and they quickly begin an intense relationship which they both kind of use to help heal past wounds. It's all too much for Jacob and he takes off, leaving Addison to believe she was a good-time, not a long-time to Jacob. Addison packs up and moves back to the ci ...more
C.M.
Apr 30, 2015 C.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No epilogue. I hate that.

Is this an old formula without the epilogue?
What a wonderful idea to bring the horrors of war into the picture.
And I am relieved, yet again that there was a happy end albeit on still in the air.
Sophoria
Jul 02, 2014 Sophoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this probably has to be the most beautiful emotional story ever....loved the H n the h was a perfect match for him....they really do deserve each other!!!!!!
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Me gustó muchísimo. Los hermanos de esta son guapos, firmes y tiernos. Amorosos con sus mujeres y muy caballeros. los amé a todos.
HÜLYA
Jun 16, 2013 HÜLYA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wilde Kardeşlerden Jacop Wilde'in hikayesi idi..Savaş Kahramanı Jacop Afganistandan gözünü kaybederek dönmüştü.Yaraları ve kabusları vardı..Evine döndüğünde geçici olarak dönmeyi düşünmüştü ama olaylar planladığı gibi gitmedi..
Sandra Marton'un kurgusu yine devrede idi..Jacop tedavi olduğu süre içinde kesinlikle cinselliği aklına getirmediği gibi bununla ilgili bir isteği yoktu bile. Fakat karşısına çıkan Addson'u gördüğü andan itibaren bu adam yeni yetme ergene dönüşmesi bana çok ilginç geldi..F
Livia
Apr 05, 2016 Livia rated it really liked it
An excellent start to the Wilde Series. A scarred hero and a feisty heroine.
Horlayiwholar
Nov 03, 2014 Horlayiwholar rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
pls, hw will I be able to read the novel on my goodreads profile
Dar
Feb 14, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it
Ahh, I love the Wildes!! Nobody does a family saga better than Sandra Marton! First up in Jake, the youngest for the Wilde Boys. Plagued with PTSD he returns home to Texas and runs afoul of his new neighbour. Their attraction is immediate and simmers across the room. He reacts badly, they confront, public argument and then he goes to apologize and they sizzle!!! They tend to work things out but he still needs to deal with his issues. They part badly and months pass, he figures his way out and th ...more
Lizz
Mar 19, 2014 Lizz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved Jake.
Uttiya Roy
Jan 05, 2014 Uttiya Roy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This could be a shimmering romance right? An Army Man, a new york lawyer. However, the way that the author handles it is what really makes this book worth it.
Right from the moment, that Jake Wilde is described, I was hooked and in the end I was left reaching for tissues by the exertions of both
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Dec 02, 2012 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
The Dangerous Jacob Wilde is a fun, and sexy romance.

An alpha hero and an alpha heroine sure do make for a fun read, I could not put this book down. Read More

Reviewed at: HarlequinJunkie.com
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
Adoro esta autora e quando vi o novo título dela, eu imediatamente larguei os outros da minha lista e comecei a ler este.
Gostei muito e li de uma vez só, parando somente de madrugada. A leitura foi ótima e teve cenas engraçadas e também cenas tocantes.
Achei ótimo!
Recomendo a todos e aguardo ansiosa pelos outros irmãos.
Moran
The last few books I read by Sandra Marton weren't her best so I wasn't sure if I'll like The Dangerous Jacob Wilde but I'm glad to say that it was a great book.

I hope the next books in the series will be just as good.
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed

I've been a writer, one way or another, all my life. Before I could read, I made up poems and my mom wrote them down for me. In elementary school, my teachers almost always let me write poems or stories instead of requiring me to do art projects. Always, I dreamed of becoming a published writer...and that dream came true! I write novels about sexy, powerful men and independent-minded women, and wh
More about Sandra Marton...

The Wilde Brothers (4 books)
  • The Prince of Pleasure (The Wilde Brothers #0.5)
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)