Start by marking “A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)” as Want to Read:
A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)

A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek #11)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  245 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Caidy Bowman had been the apple of her family's eye—until a devastating tragedy forced her to hide from the world. She was used to devoting her time to the animals on her family's ranch. Then widower Ben Caldwell and his two adorable children arrived in Pine Gulch, and suddenly, Caidy wanted more than a life in the shadows….As the town's new vet, Ben needed a place to stay ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Creek Noel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cold Creek Noel

Jacob Proffitt
Dec 13, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, chaste
Much, much better story than the previous. Caidy was sweet and kind and Ben got over himself quickly and let his inner nice guy shine. The kids were less a factor in this one, more of a background than anything else. Which is good because they fit the Bowman family well and let the story be about family in a general and specific way that felt natural—Caidy being the favored aunt and all.

And I think I'll keep this review short as there's not much else to say. Which I tell myself is fitting as the
Jan 01, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
any book with a border collie is a good book to start with, but i liked the characters, both wounded by their pasts, both able to help each other heal. the setting was also gorgeous - and i'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series. thayne is a new author for me, and she will be on my to be read shelf.
Paula
This is a lovely holiday romance featuring a hero and heroine who both have tragic pasts to overcome. There's also some very lovable dogs in this book and a lot of Christmas spirit. Another enjoyable read from RaeAnne Thayne.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Cowboys of Cold Creek
Jac (For Love and Books)
With Tomorrow being Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I am ready to get into Christmas Mode! I love reading Christmas stories, and Harlequin is more than happy to fill my need for this delicious past time! A Cold Creek Noel is no exception to this rule!

After some searching, this is the third in a set of books about the Bowman siblings, who were left as orphans when their parents were brutally murdered during a robbery gone wrong, just a few days before Christmas. As a result, Caidy and her brothers
Jennifer at BookShelfery
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I like cowboys paired with romance paired with Christmas. It’s like magic to my brain and eyes and I just nomnomnom it right up. A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne is no exception and I wish it had actually gone on a little longer, although, I suppose it was great just the way it was.
This actually appears to be part of a series, and upon research on Goodreads, it seems I picked the 11th – and most recent – book in the series to grab up. Looks like I ha
Rhonda
Nov 15, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

A charming romance with lots of animals and Christmas Season. This is a clean read.
Caidy Bowman raises ranch dogs. She lives with her brother on thier family ranch. She is helping her brother take care of his daughter after her mother left.
Caidy and her three older brothers have a time celebrating christmas after thier parents were murdered 11 years ago. They try to keep the children not to know how hard of time they had.
Caidy dog Lucy got attacked by a bull and she was able to pull him o
Jane
Mar 27, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Caidy Bowman has a hard time moving past the tragic death of her parents she witnessed happening when she was 16. Christmas holds no special place for her. Yet she pushes past it for her neice making it as happy as possible. She has helped her brother raise his neice after his wife left him.
Her pup has a run in with a bull and she ends up with an emergency visit to the vets where she meets Ben. She isn't happy with Ben and his attitude toward her. He has just taken over the practice and bans her
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE.

I have read one other book by RaeAnne Thayne, which was, incidentally, her Cold Creek Christmas book last year. It was a tame, heart-warming (in a good, not cheesy way!) romance that really drew me in. I made a note to track down more of her books, but then my To Be Read mountain was in my way and I never got around to it.

However, when I requested A Cold Creek Noel for review, I had a fairly good idea of what I was going to get, and I was not disappointed.

Set in small town
Nov 17, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Ben had come to Pine Gulch to help his family recover from the loss of his wife and to get his children away from the bad influences of his in-laws. He wanted to concentrate on his children. He did not expect to be attracted to Caidy and didn't want it at this time. I liked the way he was so kind and caring with the animals, though his attitude toward Caidy the first time they met didn't show it. I also liked the fact that he did apologize to her for the way he had acted. Coming from ...more
Hsiau Wei
Dec 06, 2012 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
Heather Felder
Dec 12, 2012 Heather Felder rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter-christmas
Caidy meets the new vet when she has an emergency with one of her dogs, and she isn't impressed; he is mean and rude. Ben, the new vet, isn't impressed with Caidy either; he's sick of people finding their animals useless when they can no longer "work".

After both getting the wrong impressions of each other, Caidy and Ben come to see that the other is definitely as far as you can get from the first impressions! Caidy is the world's greatest Aunt, and is essential in helping to run her family's ra
Julie Barrett
Oct 18, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
pub Nov 29 2012 A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne
Caidy Bowman has brought her dog in to the vets, Ben Caldwell office to get fixed. He was gored from the bull after the bull had stepped on him.
Her sister in law runs the local Inn and her brother is the police chief and the other brother head of the fire dept.
She doesn't care much for the doctors bedside manners...
The Inn is where the vet and his 2 kids are staying and Ann Michaels is their nanny.
Caidy hopes to set the family and nanny/housekee
Kimberly
Nov 22, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

I really enjoyed this book. I have not read the other in the “Cowboys of Cold Creek” series but even though you can tell that there is background stories that were in other stories this one can certainly stand alone.

This has everything a holiday romance should have. Family, animals, snow and love. Honestly I think it would make a great movie for Hallmark or Lifetime. It even had me tearing up at one point.

Caidy is superwoman but yet is down to earth and r
Melinda Dozier
Nov 09, 2012 Melinda Dozier rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-copies
I love holiday reads and this was one of my firsts. I love the idea behind this novel: Ben is a single father, vet who first gives the wrong impression to Caidy, a "cowgirl" who brings in her dog for help. Once they get past the wrong impressions, they get to know each other and their "inner demons" and help each other move past.

One of my favorite parts of the book was the Bowman family. They had me hooked. I'm a sucker for big brothers and little kids. In that respect, Raeanne Thayne got me! I
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Dec 01, 2012 Dani C. (Paulette's Papers) rated it really liked it
A Cold Creek Noel is short but very touching and sweet small town Christmas romance. It does deal with a widower who is not ready to move on, a story line that I don’t find very romantic.

Ben Caldwell is a widower and the new vet in Cold Creek. He has a lot of issues he has to deal with all the while raising his two kids. Caidy Bowman had dreams of becoming a vet until the night her parents were brutally killed. Now she works on the family ranch and helps watch one of her nieces. While she is int
Becky
Nov 19, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
This one was a feel-good holiday read, sweet and fairly uncomplicated, if a tad bit rushed toward the end. That aside, I really enjoyed Caidy and Ben's story. (Adorable kids! Dogs and horses! Gently falling snow that the menfolk clear out of the way! It's like getting the Christmas story trifecta ;) Oh, and the hero and heroine are pretty likable too...) This is only the second one in the series that I've read so far (the first being A Cold Creek Reunion), but it functions just fine as a stand a ...more
Gina Schaefer
Feb 02, 2016 Gina Schaefer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book continually left me wanting to read more. The incorporation of dogs into the story warmed my heart. Anyone who loves animals will

This story is a true love story. It is soft and gentle.bit tugs at your heart and leaves you wanting to read more. Incorporation of dogs into the story makes it more tender.
Marjorie
Dec 31, 2015 Marjorie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
RaeAnne Thayne cannot write a bad book. Pine Gulch is a community of loving people so when new vet Ben Caldwell and his children move there, Caidy Bowman allows him to stay in the foreman's cottage. Soon sparks begin to fly.

Loved the Christmas story at this time of year.
charmaine White
Nov 19, 2015 charmaine White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice

Starts a little slow,but then picks up and gets better.Has a touch of mystery and thriller with just the right love interest.
Yazmin
Jan 05, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it
A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne is a beautiful Christmas romance with pet, second chances at life and forgiveness.

Caidy Bowman has been hiding from the world since a terrible tragedy struck her family. A tragedy she blames herself for and a guilt that causes her to hide and pull away from everyone but her family, especially during the close to Christmas.

Ben Caldwell is the new veterinarian in town. All he wants is a home where he can be with his children and grow close to them again away fro
Polly
Aug 31, 2014 Polly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Caidy, a complex woman sure met her match in Ben, the new Vet. A great addition to the Cold Creek Collection.

Jun 30, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, 2015
Sweet story that, aside from the nice romance, has that quaint small town feel. And who wouldn't like it in this stressful and impersonal time? Brings back nostalgia from the good old days when a nice gesture goes a long way and means the world. Will look for other books by this author.
Gjones
Jul 07, 2014 Gjones rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book!
kathyhansen
Cold Creek

Enjoyed reading ,it kept my interest and made me keep turning the pages,to see what was going to happen next. a good story and the author has an excellent description of the surroundings and the characters. I can't wait to read more about cold creek.
Shelly
Mar 22, 2014 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Christmas should be happy and full of cheer but for one family it's not.... and for one person it's filled with guilt and grief... that is until one sexy new veterinarian, comes along...
Barbara Mahoney
A delightfull book

To see these family-friendly people come to life was very uplifting. I have enjoyed reading as many of the books as I have read.

Deborah H
Dec 29, 2012 Deborah H rated it it was ok
It was ok. I thought a predictable romance with a happy ending would be good right now, but the character development was spotty, so I didn't feel satisfied after reading
Erica Moore
Nov 08, 2013 Erica Moore rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
See my review at Smart Bitches Trashy Books here : http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/bl...
Reba
Aug 13, 2013 Reba rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Perfect holiday romance with great characters and great chemistry.
good read 1 3 Mar 27, 2013 02:06PM
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • The Prince's Secret Baby (Bravo Royales, #1)
  • A Baby For Christmas
  • The Substitute Guest
  • Three Reasons to Wed
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (Cowboys & Brides, #2)
  • Sleigh Ride with the Rancher
  • The Last-Chance Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #4)
  • Colton's Deep Cover
  • Worth the Wait (Waltham Academy, #1)
  • Within Reach
  • One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)
  • From Neighbors...to Newlyweds?
  • Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • Always the Best Man
  • Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor
  • Marrying Dr. Maverick (Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys, #4)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Light The Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)