Start by marking “Countdown to First Night” as Want to Read:
Countdown to First Night

Countdown to First Night

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Ten, nine, eight, seven…Winter's Heart by Jillian Hart

Shelby Craig comes to Snow Falls for a First Night job, but secretly hopes it will be a respite from her grief and a haven for her two young kids. A sympathetic cop becomes the determined widow's staunchest ally—though helping her may break his heart.

Six, five, four…

Snowbound at New Year by Margaret Daley

This was suppos
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Countdown to First Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Countdown to First Night

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Courtesy of Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

A charming sweet compilation of stories that take place in a small town of Snow Falls Colorado revolving around First Night and the countdown to New Years Eve.

I love small town stories, and these were comforting quick reads that I couldn't help but enjoy. I loved the stories about the residents of Snow Falls and how they kind of ended up being linked in a way through the three short stories.

In
Patricia Solla
Dec 31, 2013 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
This book is an anthology of stories written about a town in Colorado that goes all out to celebrate First Night. The first story is a rekindling of a friendship. We meet a woman who has returned 'home' seeking to make a better life for her children after the death of her husband has left them in dire straights. The second story is about a woman who writes children's books and is involved with getting a new illustrator for her stories. The male illustrator has twin daughters and no interest in a ...more
Barbara
Winter's Heart by Jillian Hart - 5 stars
This is a delightful story about Shelby Craig and Ronan Winters, childhood sweethearts who meet again after tragic events in both of their lives. The sweet romance is delightful to read; I wish there were more couples like these two in the world today.

Snowbound at New Year by Margaret Daley - 4.5 stars
The professions of the two main characters, an author and an illustrator, made this one very interesting to me, and the way they interacted was interesting
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Countdown to First Night -Jillian Hart, Margaret Daley & Brenda Minton
This Harlequin Anthology takes place in Snow Falls, Colorado. As the town prepares for First Night, the countdown to New Years, we find our characters in and about town for different reasons. The three authors have done a fantastic job with each story as they take the reader through the snow filled beauty of the mountains during this celebration. You may even catch glimpses of the characters before meeting them in their ow
Kym McNabney
Feb 08, 2014 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing
COUNTDOWN TO FIRST NIGHT by JILLIAN HART, MARGARET DALEY, and BRENDA MINTON, is three stories between the covers of one book.

WINTER’S HEART by JILLIAN HEART

Shelby Craig moves back to Snow Falls with her kids after losing her home, to stay with her grandmother. It was just her luck to run into Ronan Winters on her first night. Even though Shelby had once crushed Ronan’s heart, he still found himself attracted to her. Even when she made it perfectly clear she wasn’t interested in a relationship.
Rhonda
Jan 04, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Countdown to First Night by
4 STARS

There is 3 novella s that mainly take place New year Eve in Snow Falls, Colorado-on First Night. The main complaint is I wanted more. All three stories are a clean read. Each one had children being raised by a single parent. Love all the kids and thier joy.
Winter's Heart by Jillian Hart
Shelby Craig is down on her luck. She lost her husband a cop before her second child was born. Now they are almost homeless and she is coming to Snow Falls to stay with her grand
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Stars First let me say in general each story was sweet. I am not one who enjoys the whole “We meet, we aren’t meant to be together, we need to be together, we love each other” in a matter of a couple of chapters but these stories were sweet enough to keep me interested.

Winter's Heart by Jillian Hart
This was a very cute story. I liked that the main couple already knew each other as children and had reconnected. I really enjoyed the main male character
Ionia
Jan 29, 2013 Ionia rated it really liked it
I really found this book to be an enjoyable read. With three separate stories that all have a noticeable tie-in at the end, it was fun to read about the town itself, the people this author has created and the romances between them. What I found so endearing about this book, was that the romance is not simply implied. The tension, chemistry and love between the characters is palpable.

This novel was entertaining from beginning to end, with no sagging spots in the middle. The characters were all ve
Gaby
Jan 03, 2013 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Posted at Oh My Books!

Happy New Year everyone!! Countdown to First Night is a lovely book. I liked the three stories, all of them were very sweet and I like family romances, you know, when one of the protagonist have kids and taking care of them comes first. I think the three authors managed this very well, all the stories had sweet kids and parent who weren't sure about having a romance.

I'm glad I read it in New Years Eve. It was great to get in the feeling,the three stories were so heart warmi
Ausjenny
Dec 27, 2012 Ausjenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: contempory
Thanks to netgalley for my review copy.
I found this to be an interesting book as it focus's on New Years Eve. Each story is set in Snowfalls Colorado and the focus is the towns celebrations. The novellas are sweet and they move fairly fast due to the size but still are a good read. Each story has its own issues and its interesting to see how the characters deal with the different issues. The first books we see the hero and heroine meet when the heroine comes back to the town she spent summers as
Hsiau Wei
Jan 20, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
This book contained 3 different stories by 3 different authors. The similarities between these stories are that it is based in Snow Falls, Colorado on New Year eve where all the characters are going to be. If you wonder whether would these characters integrate at the end of the story, the answer is no. It is written in such a way that the main characters have its own story to tell.

The stories individually are rather short and focus mostly on single parents raising their offspring and finding lo
Yazmin
Jan 07, 2013 Yazmin rated it it was amazing
Countdown to First Night is a wonderful anthology book with three beautiful and fun romance stories revolving in the town of Snow Falls on New Year’s Eve and second chances at love.

Winter’s Heart by Jillian Hart:

Shelby Craig has lost everything after the death of her husband. While she was able to keep everything going for a while, now that she has lost her job and her house, she finds herself moving back with her grandmother for a temp job.Read More...
ExLibris_Kate
Dec 12, 2012 ExLibris_Kate rated it liked it
If you're looking for something to read in the New Year, this collection of sweet and clean short stories is a good choice. Each story features single parents and the issues that go along with those situations. I liked the variety in locations and character types. Each story was different and very fun to read. With erotica gaining so much popularity right now, it was kind of nice to read something that didn't focus purely on the physical aspects of relationships. This would make a great fireside ...more
Becky
Jul 14, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Three short stories the are well written and short!!
Maureen
Mar 28, 2015 Maureen rated it liked it
Enjoyed the first two stories as a light read the last of the stories in this book was a little to fluffy and rushed.
Jeanie Harper
I love a good love story and this fit the bill.
Becky
Dec 31, 2012 Becky rated it it was ok
Meh. I think these stories had some potential, but none of them even came close to living up to it. There was way too much silliness on all three heroine's parts for me to overlook, and in all three the problems that had to be overcome in order to get to the HEA seemed to have been solved with the wave of a magic wand. Or perhaps a sprinkle of fairy dust. Either way, they were all fixed way too quickly and without any substantial effort or reasons behind them.
Roz Curney-Sherod
I really enjoyed that all the stories took place in the same location and tied in nicely with each other.
Harlequin Books
"The small, picturesque town of Snow Falls, Colo., is the setting for these three charming stories. The characters are well-formed in these short tales, and the children add a family feel. Long after the last page is turned, readers will long to find Snow Falls and join in their First Night celebrations." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars.
Michelle Smith
Feb 23, 2013 Michelle Smith rated it it was amazing
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads. I loved that this wasn't just three short stories, but the story of three sets of people in the same town. I loved how they all appeared in the other stories and they intertwined. Great stories full of hope and love!!
June
Jan 09, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
Three stories by three authors. Love all three authors, so it's easy to believe I loved all three stories. All enjoyable. Didn't want to put the book down.
Rita
Dec 24, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it
Three stories written by three different authors. The stories flowed together really well. Enjoyed them all.
Klynn Beach
Jan 01, 2015 Klynn Beach rated it it was amazing
Three books in one. Would rate the first a 4 and the last two both 5.
Janga
Nov 18, 2012 Janga rated it liked it
Review will be posted soon.
Manuela Herrera
Manuela Herrera marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Louise
Louise added it
Jul 22, 2016
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Val
Val added it
May 31, 2016
susan bolles
susan bolles rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • Holiday Hideout
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Beneath the Veil of Paradise
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
  • Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • A Little Night Mischief (Mischief, #1)
  • This Magic Moment (Magic, #4)
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
  • Angel Be Good
  • Never Trust a Rake
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...