Start by marking “Blood Bond (Joe Bashir #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Bond (Joe Bashir #1)

Blood Bond (Joe Bashir #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
First Joe Bashir Novel

A fatal hazing accident thirteen years ago comes back to haunt the families involved in this first full-length novel featuring fan favorite detective Joe Bashir.

Sexy Pakistani-American Detective Joe Bashir is called to a crime scene in the wealthy foothills of California, where politically ambitious Bryce Engler's dinner party is ruined when a guest's
Published November 20th 2012 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Blood Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Bond

Regina
Check out Sophie Littlefield's guest blog post here
where she discusses writing Blood Bond.

It has been said before and I will say it again – I am a huge fan of Sophie Littlefield’s adult novels. There is something very unique about the books she writes. Her novels are extremely character focused and emotionally intense. Blood Bond follows this trend.

The main character of Blood Bond is a first generation Pakistani immigrant, who had aspirations to be a doctor but in reaction to hate crimes per
Keri
Jan 20, 2016 Keri rated it really liked it
This was a surprisingly emotional gritty mystery. The mystery was well done, although, I did figure it out before the ending. But where the book shined for me was the human aspects of it. Joe, our cop, is a Pakistani American cop, so to say that he has some built in prejudice against him would be putting it mildly. Let me think on this some more and I will review in detail. Love the new character though.
Jess the Romanceaholic
I was a little disappointed by the lack of romance (as I didn't realize this was a mystery rather than a romantic mystery), but even so, I really enjoyed it.

I love Joe, and the mystery itself kept me guessing till the end.

A solid 4/5 Stars
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Mystery
*Rating* 3.5

*Review*

Blood Bond is the first novel in the Jamshed “Joe” Bashir series. Bashir is a Pakistani-American Detective who works for the town of Montair, California. Bashir, along with his partner Bertrese Wellington, is called to the scene of an apparent murder where a guest is found lying dead in a pool of blood.

Days later, with the investigation leading in several different directions and stalling, Gail, the wife of suspect Bryce Engler, is found dead at the foot of a c
Tez
Oct 10, 2012 Tez rated it really liked it
I don't read much crime anymore, but I've read Sophie Littlefield's paranormal novels, so I took up Edelweiss' free read of Blood Bond.

Police procedural, rich folk, black sheep - so far so unremarkable. But lead character Joe Bashir reeled me in immediately, relatable and likeable. And he's hot. Usually when publisher's summaries mention a "sexy" character, I scoff, but this time it's warranted. Not only that, but the publisher respects Joe Bashir enough to NOT give him a mantitty cover. Albeit
Christal
See this mini review and others like it at BadassBookReviews.com!

I really enjoyed Sophie Littlefield’s BLOOD BOND and especially the lead character she created, Jamshed “Joe” Bashir. I appreciate a good mystery and Ms. Littlefield certainly crafted a fine one with this novel. Though I had my suspects, I thought the reveal of the whodunit was nicely paced and there were enough twists and erroneous information to keep the readers guessing. I thought the characterization throughout the novel was ve
Tiffany
Jan 07, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Sophie Littlefield has a knack for writing wonderful and interesting characters, and Joe Bashir is no exception. Joe's experiences as a Pakistani-American, detective and just plain ordinary guy struggling in his familial and romantic relationships are what really make this story so engaging, though there's no question that Littlefield knows how to write a good mystery as well. I'm looking forward to more of these e-books.
Erin
Dec 20, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Love her. Nice, adult book.
David
Jan 09, 2014 David rated it really liked it
I feel about detective fiction more or less the way I feel about the blues: At its best (usually in the hands of the old masters) it's deeply, primevally rewarding, but the form is so tightly defined and attempted so often it's very hard to make anything truly exceptional. Though the core plot of Blood Bond is functional, what lifts the book above the pack is Littlefield's prose, which, as usual, is flexible and precise, evocative when it needs to be and lean the rest of the time, and more impor ...more
Maria
May 28, 2014 Maria rated it liked it
Pakistani-American Detective Joe Bashir arrives at a crime scene to find one of the wealthy dinner guests dead. Two days later the hostess is dead too.

Why I started this book: I liked Littlefield's A Bad Day for Sorry series and was interested in series set in California.

Why I finished it: Interesting characters... I will be picking up the next one in the series.
Taracuda
Nov 21, 2013 Taracuda rated it really liked it
I like the characters and their histories and complexities more than the current plot, I think, but I'm eager to read the next one
Gabrielle
Dec 21, 2012 Gabrielle rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Melissa Denneny
Melissa Denneny marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Tasha hastings
Tasha hastings marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Derek
Derek rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Juanita Nieuwoudt
Juanita Nieuwoudt marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Mrsdarcy
Mrsdarcy rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Sue Barr
Sue Barr marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Fahimeh
Fahimeh marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sophie's first novel, A BAD DAY FOR SORRY (Thomas Dunne/St. Martin's Minotaur, 2009) has been nominated for the Edgar, Macavity, Barry, and Crimespree awards, and won the Anthony Award and the RTBookReviews Reviewers Choice Award for Best First Mystery. Her novel AFTERTIME was a finalist for the Goodreads Choice Horror award.

Sophie is also the author of:
A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY (Minotaur, 2010)
A BAD D
More about Sophie Littlefield...

Joe Bashir (2 books)
  • Shattered Bond (Joe Bashir #2)