Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)

Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls #10)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  472 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Get to know Goddess Girl Pheme…the original “gossip girl”!

As the goddess girl of rumor and gossip, Pheme prides herself on being “in the know” and having the most up-to-date info on anyone and everyone at Mount Olympus Academy. To make sure that people really get her VIP messages, her words tend to linger in cloud letters a...more
Published April 2nd 2013 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Pheme the Gossip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pheme the Gossip

The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Books with Greek mythology references
180th out of 347 books — 399 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Goddess Test by Aimee CarterThe Lost Hero by Rick RiordanStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniThe Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
YA Mythology Challenge
243rd out of 244 books — 322 voters

More lists with this book...

Angelc
In my opinion, this is one of the very best book series out there for younger girls, and this a great addition to the series. I love getting to know the other girls besides the main four Goddess Girls. They all have a little something different to add, and a little bit of quirkier personalities!

Some may think, what good can come from gossip? But the authors have found away to explain that in moderation, gossip can actually be helpful. Pheme is trusted by Zeus to be his eyes and ears around Mount...more
Abigail Finnerty
I liked Pheme the Gossip, but I didn't think it was amazing. The story lacked the excitement I was expecting. I am a big fan of the Goddess Girls series, but Pheme the Gossip didn't live up to the series. I would give Pheme the Gossip 4 stars because it was an okay story, but it is apart of the Goddess Girls series.
Sophie
Aug 01, 2014 Sophie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sophie by: My sis
This is the tenth in the Goddess Girls series, the first from Pheme's point of view. At first (before reading) I wasn't looking forward to Pheme's book as she is a little nosey (understatement). It's great when the minor characters get their own book as we see them from a different perspective and this one was no different. Pheme didn't really seem much like Pheme for parts of this book. The last line fixed it all for me though - great stuff. The introduction/development of Phaeton and Eros wa...more
Chloe
enjoyed reading this book, I am kinda like pheme, no body cares about me until I do something important.
Grace Steve
I think this book is better than 4 stars but not as good as 5 stars so really i give this book 4 and a half stars! This book makes you want to read more and it has a twist at the end but more in the middle until almost the end the books lacks excitement its kind of typical things you would expect a gossip queen to do. if you have not red this book i am sure you have not realized how pretty Pheme is but you also learn in this story how rude Pheme can be and how seriously she takes her job as bein...more
Daisy
This book was pretty good, not my favourite in the series, but not my least favourite either. I loved the concept of Pheme having to not-gossip for one whole day, and how Eros helped her deal with it. Phaeton was a good character and I liked his whole storyline and stuff. Pheme was good in this one too.

I loved Eros' character and the fact that he has wings and everything, but I'm getting a little tired of the fact that in EVERY book the main character has to have a crush. It's just getting repet...more
Alex
At First Sight: As the Godess Girl of Gossip and Rumor, Pheme sees it as her duty and job description to get into everyone's business and report on it, often before she thinks of the consequences of her tales.

Currently, Pheme is trying to get into Principal Zeus' good graces so he'll write her a recommendation letter so she can apply to a job in Teen Scrollazine, the hottest magazine around.

All she needs is a really good piece of information to take to Zeus. Good for her that she's the girl's f...more
Kallie Velazquez
Pheme the Gossip by Joan Holub

The book I read is called Pheme the Gossip. I chose this book because Ive read all of the other Goddess Girls books and I really liked them. When I started to read this book I thought it was about her not gossiping.

I love the format of these books. They leave you thinking about the characters. I liked how it seems like a fairytale. The book tells about them casting spells and being magical. These books a interesting because they are based off of Greek stories.

I l...more
Linda Jaejoong
Pheme ist dafür bekannt Klatsch und Tratsch zu verbreiten und endlich erfahren wir auch woher sie immer die brisanten Geheimnisse der anderen Schüler kennt, sie schnüffelt heimlich in ihren Räumen rum. Aber diesmal wird sie erwischt und ist damit einverstanden als Strafe einen Tag keine Gerüchte zu verbreiten. Leichter gesagt als getan. Als die Erde plötzlich in Gefahr gerät ist es an Pheme sie vor dem Untergang zu bewahren!!

Endlich kam ein Buch nur für Pheme raus. Ich finde sie so toll und sie...more
Jacqui Sheppherd
The students from Mount Olympus Academy are back. In this episode, Pheme, the know it all goddess of gossip and rumor wants to work part time at a newspaper and get in Zeus’ good graces. She meets, by chance, the sun god’s son and gets him enrolled in MOA. Together they get in to a lot of adventures, which include stealing Artemis’s chariot. This series is so-so in my opinion but students do check them out frequently. There is lots of white space on the pages for those who need that.
Natalie
Cute. Love the lessons in each book and how they are age appropriate for the younger teens.
Logan Martin
i hate gossip because it spreads rumors that aren't true
Rebecca
I loved it so much I almost read it again!
Lea
Jun 23, 2014 Lea added it
Pheme is such a gossip
Lauren
The book had an interesting end because in the other books it was like Pheme was the bad person
Michelle Tempted By Books
I am still not disappointed with this series. I was wondering how the much disliked Pheme the Gossip could possibly be redeemed, surprisingly it wasn't that difficult. This book covers the myth of the Sun God's Son driving the chariot of the sun one day. It ended in quite a tragedy but this book was able to shed new light on the myth while not making it too scary. I just can't say anything bad about this series. I absolutely adore it.
Caroline Gilson
it was very good but i would like it to get to the point faster.
Lexy N
I love this series and I love every book. In this book, you read about Pheme the goddess of gossip. I really liked this book. I want him to make another one of Pheme. I liked her story and that she has a crush. Her challenge was really interesting and funny. I love her personality and that she's the goddess of gossip. I hope they write another one about her!
Shanda Kinkade
Even though the story was a tad on the cheesy side and the obvious lesson was involved, the story was cute and fun. I really liked how it introduced the different mythological people and gave info on them. What a great way for younger people to learn mythology. I would definitely suggest this series to girls in the 8-12 age range.
Jocelyn Renaud
Another great book in the Goddess Girls Series. This book told the story of Pheme, the goddess of gossip and how it always gets her in trouble. She is put o a vow of silence to end her gossiping.
Turns out when her friends need her the most she can't help her because of her vow of silence.
Emma-1# Caleo shipper!!!
Ok, I haven't read this book yet. But I made a roleplay group for the Goddess Girls series! The group is still new so there are a lot of originals left. Please join! http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9... Or search Goddess Girls under groups if the link doesn't work.
Shigatsu
The main character is a goddess named Pheme. She wanted a job at this teen magazine publishing company. But she gets in trouble a lot because she gossips too much. She tried helping this boy that was a stowaway on Hermes' chariot. In the end, she got the job and something extra.
Kimiko
I have to say that this is book is the actual book of the series that has a suspenseful plot with the world ending and stuff. I liked how the authors included some funny things to the book.
Elizabeth
Fun book! Even though this is a children's book I still like to read it because it's a nice twist on Greek mythology and the gods and goddesses! Looking forward to the next one
Beckey
If your child enjoys reading greek mythology then this is one book that your child may enjoy (I know my daughters thoroughly enjoyed it) ....
Solid 5 star read
Isabella Tatiana
This one HAS to be the funniest of all the books. I never would have guessed if Pheme was going to make it to the end and save the world.
Cupcakegal
It was so awesome. I loved how Pheme had to not gossip for a day. Even though I feel a little bad for Pheme, it was still cool.
Chloe
Amazing. Every time I read one of these, I think it was better than the last.
Gabrielle Mohos
If you like the Goddess Girls series, then you would love this.
Book Discussions ...: Pheme the Gossip 2 3 Apr 10, 2013 09:49PM
  • Sprung: Four Strangers, One Destiny
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • Chivalry and Malevolence (Alfheim #1)
  • Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)
  • Fire and Ash
  • Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
  • Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen (The Man Who Loved Jane Austen, #2)
  • Ixeos (Ixeos Trilogy, #1)
  • Rift Healer
  • David's Song
  • Hunted (The Guardian Legacy, #3)
  • Trail of Bones
  • Spell Fire (Teen Wytche Saga #3)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks (The Nightmare Series, #1)
  • Winter Reads (15 Novel Boxed Set)
  • Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch, #2)
Author of MIGHTY DADS (a NYTimes bestseller, illus by James Dean); LITTLE RED WRITING (illus by Melissa Sweet); the GODDESS GIRLS series (co-author Suzanne Williams); ZERO THE HERO (illus Tom Litchtenheld); and many other books for children. I feel very lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...
Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1) Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3) Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2) Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4) Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)