Start by marking “Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)” as Want to Read:
Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)

Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls #10)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  889 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Get to know Goddess Girl Pheme…the original “gossip girl”!

As the goddess girl of rumor and gossip, Pheme prides herself on being “in the know” and having the most up-to-date info on anyone and everyone at Mount Olympus Academy. To make sure that people really get her VIP messages, her words tend to linger in cloud letters above her head—just in case people don’t catch what
Published April 2nd 2013 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Pheme the Gossip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pheme the Gossip

Cinderella Stays Late by Joan HolubRed Riding Hood Gets Lost by Joan HolubRapunzel Cuts Loose by Joan HolubSnow White Lucks Out by Joan HolubSleeping Beauty Dreams Big by Joan Holub
fairy tale books for kids
51st out of 75 books — 12 voters
A Royal Tea by Debbie DadeyThe Secret Sea Horse by Debbie DadeyThe Lost Princess by Debbie DadeyThe Lost Princess by Debbie DadeyThe Secret Sea Horse by Debbie Dadey
Fun books for little girls
46th out of 108 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Angelc
May 30, 2013 Angelc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, this is one of the very best book series out there for younger girls, and this a great addition to the series. I love getting to know the other girls besides the main four Goddess Girls. They all have a little something different to add, and a little bit of quirkier personalities!

Some may think, what good can come from gossip? But the authors have found away to explain that in moderation, gossip can actually be helpful. Pheme is trusted by Zeus to be his eyes and ears around Mount
Quinn Berry
Apr 05, 2013 Quinn Berry rated it really liked it
I liked Pheme the Gossip, but I didn't think it was amazing. The story lacked the excitement I was expecting. I am a big fan of the Goddess Girls series, but Pheme the Gossip didn't live up to the series. I would give Pheme the Gossip 4 stars because it was an okay story, but it is apart of the Goddess Girls series.
Chloe
Jan 05, 2014 Chloe rated it it was amazing
enjoyed reading this book, I am kinda like pheme, no body cares about me until I do something important.
Grace
Jan 05, 2014 Grace rated it really liked it
I think this book is better than 4 stars but not as good as 5 stars so really i give this book 4 and a half stars! This book makes you want to read more and it has a twist at the end but more in the middle until almost the end the books lacks excitement its kind of typical things you would expect a gossip queen to do. if you have not red this book i am sure you have not realized how pretty Pheme is but you also learn in this story how rude Pheme can be and how seriously she takes her job as bein ...more
Mar 17, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pheme, the goddess of rumor and gossip, can't help but want to know everything that's happening at Mount Olympus Academy(MOA). Her inability to keep secrets bothers all the gods and goddesses at MOA, except for Eros, god of love. When Pheme is caught red-handed for snooping in Athena's room, she is challenged. Athena puts a spell on Pheme, not letting her gossip for twenty-four hours. Then, Pheme finds out something that might put the earth in danger. But because of the spell, Pheme can't tell a ...more
Sophie
Sep 25, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sophie by: My sis
This is the tenth in the Goddess Girls series, the first from Pheme's point of view. At first (before reading) I wasn't looking forward to Pheme's book as she is a little nosey (understatement). It's great when the minor characters get their own book as we see them from a different perspective and this one was no different. Pheme didn't really seem much like Pheme for parts of this book. The last line fixed it all for me though - great stuff. The introduction/development of Phaeton and Eros wa ...more
Daisy
This book was pretty good, not my favourite in the series, but not my least favourite either. I loved the concept of Pheme having to not-gossip for one whole day, and how Eros helped her deal with it. Phaeton was a good character and I liked his whole storyline and stuff. Pheme was good in this one too.

I loved Eros' character and the fact that he has wings and everything, but I'm getting a little tired of the fact that in EVERY book the main character has to have a crush. It's just getting repet
Alex
At First Sight: As the Godess Girl of Gossip and Rumor, Pheme sees it as her duty and job description to get into everyone's business and report on it, often before she thinks of the consequences of her tales.

Currently, Pheme is trying to get into Principal Zeus' good graces so he'll write her a recommendation letter so she can apply to a job in Teen Scrollazine, the hottest magazine around.

All she needs is a really good piece of information to take to Zeus. Good for her that she's the girl's f
Kallie Velazquez
Dec 05, 2013 Kallie Velazquez rated it it was amazing
Pheme the Gossip by Joan Holub

The book I read is called Pheme the Gossip. I chose this book because Ive read all of the other Goddess Girls books and I really liked them. When I started to read this book I thought it was about her not gossiping.

I love the format of these books. They leave you thinking about the characters. I liked how it seems like a fairytale. The book tells about them casting spells and being magical. These books a interesting because they are based off of Greek stories.

I l
Linda Jaejoong
Jan 01, 2016 Linda Jaejoong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-until-2016
Pheme ist dafür bekannt Klatsch und Tratsch zu verbreiten und endlich erfahren wir auch woher sie immer die brisanten Geheimnisse der anderen Schüler kennt, sie schnüffelt heimlich in ihren Räumen rum. Aber diesmal wird sie erwischt und ist damit einverstanden als Strafe einen Tag keine Gerüchte zu verbreiten. Leichter gesagt als getan. Als die Erde plötzlich in Gefahr gerät ist es an Pheme sie vor dem Untergang zu bewahren!!

Endlich kam ein Buch nur für Pheme raus. Ich finde sie so toll und sie
Jacqui
Apr 25, 2014 Jacqui rated it liked it
The students from Mount Olympus Academy are back. In this episode, Pheme, the know it all goddess of gossip and rumor wants to work part time at a newspaper and get in Zeus’ good graces. She meets, by chance, the sun god’s son and gets him enrolled in MOA. Together they get in to a lot of adventures, which include stealing Artemis’s chariot. This series is so-so in my opinion but students do check them out frequently. There is lots of white space on the pages for those who need that.
Onna
May 09, 2015 Onna rated it it was amazing
Fun, easy, and really cute to read. I mean who doesn't like Greek mythology?! I like how it's a different take. Them as well, kids. Or preteens I s'pose. Another great book in a fun series!
Amanda
Feb 16, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
Cute. I liked getting to see the other side of Pheme, though I think the temptation to make her *too* nice got the better of the authors, perhaps. Still enjoyed reading it, though.
Small Review
Originally posted on Small Review

The books that follow Goddess Girls outside of the core four have been somewhat hit and miss (above) with me. Pheme is definitely a hit. Her gossipy nature is shown in both a positive and negative light, allowing Pheme to learn from her mistakes while also embracing her strengths. Her interactions with the core four were entertaining and I definitely aw-ed a number of times. Pheme is total sleepover party material and hope we get more books focusing on her.
Natalie
Jun 20, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
Cute. Love the lessons in each book and how they are age appropriate for the younger teens.
Logan Martin
Jul 09, 2014 Logan Martin rated it it was amazing
i hate gossip because it spreads rumors that aren't true
Rebecca
Mar 01, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it so much I almost read it again!
Maddie
Oct 01, 2014 Maddie rated it really liked it
This is really the only gg book I like
Lea
ok
Lauren
Jan 25, 2014 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-14
The book had an interesting end because in the other books it was like Pheme was the bad person
Michelle Tempted By Books
May 08, 2013 Michelle Tempted By Books rated it really liked it
I am still not disappointed with this series. I was wondering how the much disliked Pheme the Gossip could possibly be redeemed, surprisingly it wasn't that difficult. This book covers the myth of the Sun God's Son driving the chariot of the sun one day. It ended in quite a tragedy but this book was able to shed new light on the myth while not making it too scary. I just can't say anything bad about this series. I absolutely adore it.
Caroline Gilson
Feb 16, 2014 Caroline Gilson rated it it was amazing
it was very good but i would like it to get to the point faster.
Lexy N
Apr 16, 2013 Lexy N rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I love every book. In this book, you read about Pheme the goddess of gossip. I really liked this book. I want him to make another one of Pheme. I liked her story and that she has a crush. Her challenge was really interesting and funny. I love her personality and that she's the goddess of gossip. I hope they write another one about her!
Shanda Kinkade
Jun 13, 2013 Shanda Kinkade rated it really liked it
Even though the story was a tad on the cheesy side and the obvious lesson was involved, the story was cute and fun. I really liked how it introduced the different mythological people and gave info on them. What a great way for younger people to learn mythology. I would definitely suggest this series to girls in the 8-12 age range.
Jocelyn Renaud
Sep 03, 2013 Jocelyn Renaud rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Another great book in the Goddess Girls Series. This book told the story of Pheme, the goddess of gossip and how it always gets her in trouble. She is put o a vow of silence to end her gossiping.
Turns out when her friends need her the most she can't help her because of her vow of silence.
Emma-1# Caleo shipper!!!
Ok, I haven't read this book yet. But I made a roleplay group for the Goddess Girls series! The group is still new so there are a lot of originals left. Please join! http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9... Or search Goddess Girls under groups if the link doesn't work.
Shigatsu
Sep 27, 2013 Shigatsu rated it it was amazing
The main character is a goddess named Pheme. She wanted a job at this teen magazine publishing company. But she gets in trouble a lot because she gossips too much. She tried helping this boy that was a stowaway on Hermes' chariot. In the end, she got the job and something extra.
Kimiko
May 01, 2013 Kimiko rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this is book is the actual book of the series that has a suspenseful plot with the world ending and stuff. I liked how the authors included some funny things to the book.
April Duclos
Feb 08, 2016 April Duclos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good entry to this cute series. Pheme's gossip gets her (and others) in trouble but sometimes it's good to know what's going on so you can prevent disaster!
Book Discussions ...: Pheme the Gossip 2 3 Apr 10, 2013 12:49PM
  • Sprung: Four Strangers, One Destiny
  • Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
  • My Treasures - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • Fire and Ash
  • Chivalry and Malevolence (Alfheim #1)
  • Ixeos (Ixeos Trilogy, #1)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Pandora Gets Angry (Mythic Misadventures #5)
  • Replacing Gentry
  • To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World
  • Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • She's All That!: A Look-It-Up Guide to the Goddesses of Mythology
  • Cinderella: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)
  • Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen (The Man Who Loved Jane Austen, #2)
  • Kiss Me Tomorrow
  • Family Ever After: Simple Ways To Achieve Extraordinary Happiness With Your Ordinary Family
  • Shifting Pride
Children's book author of: THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller, illus James Dean); LITTLE RED WRITING (illus Melissa Sweet); GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); ZERO THE HERO (illus Tom Litchtenheld). Lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...

Goddess Girls (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
  • Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Artemis the Loyal (Goddess Girls, #7)
  • Medusa the Mean (Goddess Girls, #8)
  • Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls, #9)
  • Persephone the Daring (Goddess Girls, #11)