Start by marking “Double Pink: with audio recording” as Want to Read:
Double Pink: with audio recording

Double Pink: with audio recording

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In this happy eBook with audio, Madison loves pink to the limit!

Madison loves pink. In fact, “pink” was her very first word, so it was no surprise to anyone when she grew up to embrace pink with a passion: her room, her clothes, even the mashed potatoes at her birthday dinner were all pink, pink, pink.

But then Madison realizes that she has taken her lov
Published January 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books (first published October 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Double Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Pink

Phyllis
This book about a little girl's obsession with the color pink was released around the same time as Pinkalicious, and unfortunately in the battle of the books about PINK, Pinkalicious won, and is now a major children's book franchise. This is a bummer, because this is the superior pink book! I love the absurd humor and the Maira Kalman-esque illustrations seem fresher than the more sterile art in the Pinkalicious books.
Debbie X
This book is so loved by my 3 year old. It is a little repetitive and not a book you would want to read to your kids every single night.
The pink is a bit much and if you read it repeatedly like we do it starts to do your head in!! It makes a great point though.
Jill
Pink. Every girls dream...especially my daughter. It was a great read until about half way through when I felt like the morale of the story was being developed but never completed. There was definitely an opportunity for a lesson, but the ball was dropped along the way.
Robin Gassen
This book is very cute for any little girl that's a bit girly. There is a lot of colors in this book but mostly pink. This book also shows a lot about a little girls personality and how some little girls think their world should look.
jacky
I listened while Alicia read this to Natalie. I had invited Alicia to read this one to her during her visit due to the subject matter: Pink. We both got a kick out of the story and thought it had a good point about too much of a good thing. We kidded that Natalie kept turning away and was fussy because the all the pink towards the end was burning her eyes!
Alicia
I read this book to Jacky and Natalie and I think both really enjoyed it. Natalie like the pages that had lots of color (she didn't really look at the rest) and Jack and I enjoyed the story. Our favorite part was when the mom could not find the little girl (Madison?) because there was too much pink. I learned that you really can have too much pink.
nicole
Really funny and perfect for, again, the Pinkalicious/Fancy Nancy crowd but better and way smarter. By the end of the book the girl's own mother can't find her in her bedroom because everything is so pink (including her skin). So it fills the kids' pink want while at the same time poking fun at it.
Alicia
Unfortunately I bought this book for my daughter without reading it beforehand. She, of course, loves it and I do not. Madison, the main character is a bit of a spoiled brat. The book is painfully repetitive.
Emily Brown
PB48 - This book was a little over the top. I didn't enjoy it, however when it was talking about everything being pink the pages were completely pink and that was a good touch by the illustrator.
Jeanine
Feb 28, 2009 Jeanine rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pink fanatics
Recommended to Jeanine by: amazon.com
Its the book that I recommend to those that liked pinkalicious, although it does not involve a cupcake, I think that it will do as a very nice substitute.
Benjamin
Madison's very pink room reminded me of my sister in the best way possible. It would make and awesome rebuttal to any girl in her "pink phase"
Emily
The author has a great idea...but the language and development of the story are a bit lacking. But my daughter still loves it.
Stefanie Ibanez

Very cute. Seven year old requested this as her second book at bedtime and anticipates a sequel: RED, then YELLOW...
Kim
A "too much of a good thing" book, but a little long for storytime. Good for a little girl who is in her pink phase.
Natalie
My pink princess spotted this in the library. Quite cute :-) There's so much pink in this book it's almost oozing :-)
Amber
Very cute, my daughter just loved it. It also teaches that one can have too much of a good thing.
Stephanie Cox
Perfect for little girls who love pink.
Rachael
Illustrations bright, perfect for the girly-girl.
Katie
Sep 22, 2008 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marisa
Perfect for a little girl who comes to Tales...
Brett
Athena
Athena added it
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kate Feiffer is the author of several children’s books, including Double Pink, illustrated by Bruce Ingman; President Pennybaker and My Mom Is Trying to Ruin My Life, both illustrated by Diane Goode; The Problem with Puddles, illustrated by Tricia Tusa; and Henry the Dog with No tail, illustrated by her dad, Jules Feiffer. She lives on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
More about Kate Feiffer...
My Side of the Car No Go Sleep! My Mom Is Trying to Ruin My Life The Problem with the Puddles But I Wanted a Baby Brother!