Keeper of the Bride

Keeper of the Bride

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  2,101 ratings  ·  224 reviews
Your day starts by being jilted at the altar. It's about to get a lot worse.

If Nina Cormier's wedding had taken place, she would be dead. But after the bride was left at the altar, the church stood empty when the bomb exploded. It wasn't until a stranger tried to run her off the road that Nina realized someone actually wanted to kill her.

But who?

That's...more
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 1996)

Jane
Susan
Well, I've read a lot of Tess Gerritsen's books and have really enjoyed them for their strong characters and they way she weaves a mystery.

That said, I was NOT prepared for a Harlequin Romance. That's right, you heard me. This was actually a Harlequin Romance Novel, one of several she appears to have written earlier in her career.

It was one of those books you pick up when you're in the mood to read but not in the mood to get too involved or to think too much. It was okay, and it was a quick rea...more
Aditi
An exciting and thrilling tale about a left-at-the-alter-bride, Nina and an introvert- Detective, Sam. Nina is on the hit-list of a mad guy, who wants Nina dead. The sizzling chemistry between Nina and Sam is very enthralling. Well this was the first novel of Tess Gerritsen that I read, I liked it a lot. The mystery keeps you hooked on to its pages, truly a gripping tale. The author's writing was also very flawless and easily understandable, makes you feel like everything happening in front of y...more
Carla Hostetter
The book gets off to a good start with Nina Cormier being left at the altar by her surgeon groom and then having the church blow up behind her. Why would anyone want to kill this lovely, caring nurse? Bomb squad expert, Sam Navarro, pits himself against a deranged bomber who seems to go to great lengths to dispose of people who have no idea who he is. Plenty of action but a sort of cheesy, predictable romantic ending, which is fine by me.
Godzilla
I should preface this review by stating that I was given this book by my mother, who thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am in no way a book snob: anything that encourages people to read and enjoy reading is a massive plus in my book.

However, this was simply terrible writing, and I appreciate it was one of Tess Gerritsen's earlier works, but it is simply substandard.

The dialogue was stilted and just didn't scan as being real, the characters weren't even two dimensional, the plot wafer thin and the repetitio...more
E. Chainey (Bookowski)
Tess Gerritsen'in tek kitaplarının içerisinde Kemik Bahçesi, Hasat, Yörünge ve Gece Nöbetini bir yana koyarsam bu geriye kalanlar içinde en iyisi idi. Bu seferki polisiye anlamında gerçekten iyi bir kitaptı. Konudan da anlaşılacağı üzere düğün günü ortada bırakılan bir gelin ve onu koruyan bir polis memuru arasında geçen aşkı ve onları birleştiren macera dolu kovalamacalı olayları anlatıyor kitap. Dedektif Sam Navarro ile Nina Cormier, iki karakter olarak oldukça başarılı yansıtılmış. Sıcak bir...more
Sanaa
A fantastic, gripping read. Enjoyable. A woman is jilted at the alter and as she sits outside the empty church thinking how she will deal with being jilted and encompassed with confusion the church behind her blows up!
Then shortly someone tries to run her off the road as she drives home, then the one who jilted her a few days later after being AWOL turns up but his presence is short lived.
Buildings are being blown up including the jilted one's new apartment and the whole time buildings are bein...more
Candice
This was a good book overall. It kept me interested through most all of it. However, I think some of it was a little redundant and/or predictable with the love story aspect of it. This was the first book of Tess Gerritsen's ive read that hasn't had a lot of medical aspects to it, of course one of the main characters was a nurse, but that was such a small part of it. This book focuses mainly on the detective side of it, which in this case is a Bomb Squad detective. Of course, true to Gerritsen's...more
Donna Siebold
Back in the day, Tess Gerritsen wrote romance novels instead of her more renowned medical/police mysteries. This is one of those books.

Nina was ditched at the altar by her fiancée Robert. Then the church they were supposed to get married in explodes. Sam Navarro is the cop assigned to investigate the bombing. He is immediately attracted to Nina, but fights his feelings. Nina is sure the bombing was just a weird thing, no one could possible want to harm her or Robert.

But, then someone tries to k...more
Beate Tinney
Meine Meinung:
Eigentlich hat sich Nina ihr Leben ganz anders vorgestellt. Doch es kommt alles anders als sie es sich gewünscht hat.
Erst wird sie vor dem Traualtar von ihrem zukünfigen Mann sitzen gelassen, fliegt auch schon die Kirche in die Luft. Zum Glück waren alle Gäaste schon gegangen und Nina war zusammen mit dem Pastor schon draußen.
Kaum von dem Schock erholt wird ihr Verlobter umgebracht und sie wird fast von einem Auto getötet. Für Detective Sam Navarro steht fest, dass es jemand auf Ni...more
Johnny
Tess Gerritsen has an uncanny ability to get inside my head and manipulate the fear neurons like a master puppeteer. Keeper of the Bride doesn’t have as many of those moments when I feel like I’m vicariously swimming helplessly in some viscous solution, but it has enough. Plus, the idea of covering the overarching mystery in the novel from both the perspective of a beautiful intelligent medical professional and that of a hardened bomb squad detective has a balance to it almost as delicate as cho...more
Lynda Kelly
I really enjoyed this although there were some very sloppy errors in it I don't expect to find in a book I've paid for. Seems to be the case with e-books whether free or not and it's a slapdash attitude that needs looking into.
As with this author's other book I reviewed it has rogue hyphens thrown into it here and there. It is probably a formatting issue but should still be corrected-like Coo-persmith or Warren-ton.
Then speechmarks were dropped, one investigator's name changed from Ernie Takeda...more
Babs
There's a preface in this book from the author about how she got turned onto romantic-suspense as she was training to be a doctor. She became hooked and eventually start romantic-suspense as well. She is now more known for her mystery series, featuring Rizzoli and Isles. That is how I came to know her and lover her books.

When I was younger, I loved romantic-suspense as well. I grew tired of it after a while, since it was like reading grown-up fairy tales. Life just doesn't work out that way, for...more
Liesbeth
I actually really enjoyed it!
Just recently I haven't been able to concentrate on books much, but this held my attention, and it is a decent read.
Gerritsen always writes well, writing style wise this book is no exception.
Not as gruesome as her later work, and much more romance, but she carries it off perfectly.
Linzi Laufenberg
Arlene
First time reading this author! This is a mystery where Nina is at the church about to get married and the best man tells her her husband to be has left her at the alter! She sends everyone home and has no way to get home herself, so the priest says he will give her a ride. As they get in his car and talk, the church blows up. The police are called and Detective Sam Navarro is on the scene! It was a bomb and he wonders who it was meant for! Nina? Her husband to be? Any of the guests? It soon bec...more
Janet
This is one of her earlier works and it's a love story as well as a mystery. Definitely worth reading.
Marie
I didn't know this was a harlequin-romance book or I never would have spent my time reading it. I don't do those "easy reader " books.
I like Tess Gerritsons books about Rizzoli And Isles and kept waiting for them to appear but thought may be this was a book with one of their male counterparts.
I gave it a 3 rating for the reason of Ms.Gerritson making her female character so friggin stupid. In fact, so stupid as to make me become irritated ..
please stick to writing the Rizzoli and Isles series,...more
★ ßurçακ ★
Yorum eklendi :) Sayfayı ve blogu takip etmeyi unutmayalım :D

Öncelikle belirtmek isterim ki; bu kitap, bayağı önceki yıllarda Harlequin yayınlarında, "Gelinin Koruması" adı altında yayınlanmıştır. Bu da kapağı:
Harlequin yayınlarındaki isim, orjinal isimle aynı ve kitaba daha çok uyuyor. "Aşk Ölümden Uyanıştır" adı bence uydurulmuş birşey. Kitapla alakası yok. Keşke aynı tekrar "Gelinin Koruması" olarak bassalardı kitabı. Elinizde "Gelinin Koruması" kitabı...more
Brenda
This book was just what I needed! After a long and very involved book, I loved the fast pace of this one! It only took me about 3 hours to finish and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

When Nina was left at the alter by her beloved Robert, she had no idea her life was about to change forever. She was in terrible danger, and she had no idea!

When Detective Sam Navarro of Portland police (bomb squad) was called to investigate a bomb going off in the church Nina had just left, he was intrigued by Nina. The mi...more
HÜLYA
Marianne
Keeper of the Bride is the 12th stand-alone novel by best-selling American author, Tess Gerritsen, and is the 2nd book of the Her Protector series. When her fiancé leaves her stranded at the altar, Nina Cormier is sure things can’t get any worse. Then the church explodes and she faces hours of questioning before a stiff, unfeeling automaton from the Portland Bomb Task Force, Sam Navarro, subjects her to more of the same. As Sam tries to determine for whom the bomb was meant, Nina is almost run o...more
Ezgi Neşe
I've just finished it~
Well, I can say I enjoyed it since I finished it as soon as I get my hands on it. BUT, something was missing. I don't really know what it is, like the soul of the Tess' books wasn't here for this book.

SPOILER
Well, it wasn't so hard to tell that the killer was Ninas patient. That was the first thing I thought. And I actually guessed that the bomb was on that Musical Theather (or whatever) when the boss said he would be there with his family. You can ask how, I just happened...more
jazz-ee2
GreenMetropolis.com
Description:
'If Nina Cormier's wedding had taken place, she would be dead. But after the bride was left at the altar, the church stood empty when the bomb exploded. It wasn't until a stranger tried to run her off the road, that Nina realised someone actually wanted to kill her. But who?'

Picked up at Ward 14, Kings Mill Hospital. I love Tess Gerritsen's writing, and couldn't resist reading this one which was new to me. It is one of Gerritsen's earlier novels re-released, so has...more
Sheri
In the beginning of the book, the author called this a romance thriller, but I didn't realize how much romance it actually entailed. I enjoyed the thriller aspect, but I could have done without all the romance, it just seemed to get in the way. I'm not a romance fan, so perhaps that's the problem. Others might thoroughly enjoy it.
Rebecca
I really enjoyed this book. It was so much better than I was expecting. I have never read a Tess Gerritsen before so didn't quite know what to expect.

I am not really into the Rizzoli and Isles so did want to read those but I have her medical thrillers to read. I understand she started off with what she called Romantic Thrillers which is what this was but it was really good.

The storyline was excellent, the writing style flowed well and was really easy to read it was everything I wanted a nice, q...more
grundoon
I wasn't quite sure what all I was getting myself into with this Harlequin-meets-mystery/suspense, and certainly had low expectations... but I must say, for much of the first 80% anyway, you could do a lot worse. I won't be visiting any of her other early works, but it was nice to see the core reasonably competent plotting's always been there.
The Twins
One of my most favorite crime authors, I love her Rizzoli & Isles series, some of the books I couldn't put down, they just gripped you. I've heard that she wrote some romance/crime novels and this must be one of them. Mills&Boons more likely, I was hugely disappointed and will stay well clear from other similar books from her!
Darlene
I've never read Tess Gerritsen before but may read her again in the future as this was one of her earlier books and I'm sure they have much improved since then. It kept my interest throughout the book and even though it was a cheesy romance it wasn't that bad and it did move along.
Susan Lee Thuener
Tests Gerritsen is an excellent mystery writer and I have read almost all of them."

If mysteries are one of the types of books you enjoy you can't go wrong with Gerritsen. I have been reading her for many years and never get tired of her.
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • The Devil's Garden
  • Silent Scream (Romantic Suspense, #11)
  • Cage of Bones (Brennan & Esposito, #3)
  • In The Blood (Carson Ryder, #5)
  • Death Under the Dryer (Fethering, #8)
  • Murder Takes Time
  • La décima sinfonía
  • Hard Girls
  • Broke
  • The Guilty (Henry Parker, #2)
  • Never Coming Back (David Raker, #4)
  • Clouded Vision
  • Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell, #10)
  • Blood Runs Cold (Ren Bryce, #1)
  • In Silence
  • The Summit
  • Flash Flood (Code Red, #1)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller...more
More about Tess Gerritsen...
The Surgeon Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) The Apprentice Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)