Start by marking “Presumed Guilty” as Want to Read:
Presumed Guilty

Presumed Guilty

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  3,813 Ratings  ·  268 Reviews
Guilty—Until Proven Innocent…

Miranda Wood thinks she has seen the last of Richard Tremain, her rich and married ex-lover—until she discovers him stabbed to death in her bed. With her knife.

Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin MIRA (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Presumed Guilty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Presumed Guilty

Nan Williams
Gosh, it was a Harlequin Romance. It read like one, but like a really well written one. Tess Gerritsen always delivers - even in her very early books. This one was a fast and enjoyable read - much better than most of the high priced suspense novels of today. The plot started with a bang and moved right along. Sure, there were some holes, but some pretty decent twists and turns, as well. It would be a good book for the beach - a quick afternoon read.

The fact that nobody locked their doors when th
Lauren
Dec 28, 2010 Lauren rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. Ok, maybe not the worst, but the worst one that I have actually finished. Normally I give up. Life is too short:) But this was a short one and an easy read, and I had to know "who done it."

The weird thing is I read 3 or so other books by this author and enjoyed them. I think this was one of her first books. It is basically a really mediocre murder mystery combined with a romance novel.

Case in point - "She tasted of summer and warmth and
Siobhan
Mar 15, 2016 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen writes consistently good books. However, for me, the kind of good they are varies depending upon the era they come from. Presumed Guilty falls into her romantic thriller category, which is my least favourite category for her work. Don’t get me wrong, the books that fall into this category are still great, but there is far too much of a romantic focus (as the category title would suggest).

If you’re a fan of all of Geritsen’s work – by that I mean you have read her early nineties st
Sam
Sep 30, 2015 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, crime, mystery
This is a good mystery thriller that combines all the traditional elements of a small town murder wrapped up in affairs, gossip and secrets with Gerritsen's superb writing talent. Granted there is nothing new or amazingly shocking in the story but sometimes you just need a good bit of crime fluff to break up all the heavy reading I'm sure you do. And this is one of those books. An all round good read.
Brenda
Nov 23, 2012 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-read
Miranda Wood was finally content, after a terrible couple of weeks, where she quit her job and broke up with her married lover. She had decided to leave the island, start afresh with a new job and new home. Until the night Richard telephoned her, wanting to see her, not believing she would actually leave him. He was coming to her home, and she didn’t want to see him. So she went for a long walk, sat by the water for an hour or so then slowly made her way home. When she saw Richard’s car was stil ...more
E. Chainey (Bookowski)
Tess ya işte her zaman okunur. Her ne kadar kitabın editinde bazı küçük sorunlar gözüme çarpmış olsa dahi konu iyi. Kimse gerilim beklemesin, macera çünkü. Konu özeti kendini anlatıyor. Kitap akıcı kendini okutuyor. Ben sevdim. Tavsiyemdir:)
Maryann Bosah
Mar 22, 2015 Maryann Bosah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerristen has the ability to weave a tale that is captivatingly good
Paige  Bookdragon

"Happy endings are not automatic. Someone has to work for them."

I usually don't like infidelity (don't care if you're the other woman/man or the cheater because you all look the same to me) but this story is different.

When Miranda's ex-lover was found in her bedroom,with her knife sticking out in his chest,she knows she's fucked. It doesn't matter that she knows she's innocent

description

because everyone in town hates the "other woman."

I thought that I wouldn't like Miranda's character because duh. My cl
Elizabeth
Oct 09, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
This is one of Gerritsen's older books- i.e. Pre-Rizzoli and Isles. And there really isn't anything terribly wrong with that. The characters are not terribly fleshed out. But the plot moves quickly in somewhat unexpected ways that still feel somewhat realistic.

However, I have one major bone to pick with Ms. Gerritsen. Our plucky heroine, Miranda, is falsely accused of killing the man she used to be having an affair with. I cannot tell you how many times Miranda herself and other characters refer
ѕєяєηιтι
İyiydi güzeldi hoştu sevdim kitabı da beni bazı merak ettiğim sorularla bıraktı kitap sonu daha iyi toparlanmış olabilirdi hızlı bir bitiş oldu bence.

Katil olayı iyiydi ama...

(view spoiler)
Monnie
May 23, 2012 Monnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Presumed Guilty isn't a new book; in fact, it was written about 15 years ago, reprinted and re-released in May 2012 for sale at Amazon.com. Most of the reader reviews there were positively awful, though it should be noted that some were simply ticked off that they'd paid good money for a reprint of an old book. Still, after seeing those reviews, I almost didn't start reading it even though Gerritsen is one of my favorite authors.

Now that I've read it, I agree it's far from her best. In a nutshel
HÜLYA
Oct 19, 2012 HÜLYA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masumiyetin İçin Savaş Orjinal Adı: Presumed Guilty
Goodreads Puanı5/3,60 Benim puanım 5/5 Çok beğendim..Yazarın 1993 Yıllarında yazdığı bir kitap idi.Korktuğum gibi kanlı bir hikaye değildi..Baştan sona kadar çok severek okudum..Yazarındaha önce Bıçak Sırtı romanının okuyup sevmiştim...Yazar hikayede çözülmesi gereken bir cinayeti kurguladığı gibi tutku dolu bir aşkı da unutmamıştı..Okuduğum ikinci kitabı bu yazara hayeranlığım daha da arttı..Kitabın çevirisi beni rahatsız etmedi..
Yazarın diğer
Heather
Jul 14, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Title: Presumed Guilty

Author: Tess Gerritsen

Synopsis (from bn.com):

Miranda is the obvious suspect, and she looks even guiltier when her bail is posted by an anonymous donor. Was this an act of kindness designed to buy her time to clear her name? Or is someone trying to manipulate Miranda and draw her into the dark and secret world of a mu
Joannine
Sep 01, 2012 Joannine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hayal Perest
Feb 06, 2016 Hayal Perest rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess ve kitapları için ne diyebilirim ki ..
Yine harika bir kitaptı. Okurken kendimden geçtim diyebilirim. Ve bir gün gibi kısa bir süre de bitti. Okurken sayfaları heyecanla çeviriyor , diğer sayfaya geçmek için can atıyorsunuz. Okuduktan sonra insana "vay be" dedirten cinsten bir kitap. Ve eğer okumaya başlamadıysanız bir an önce gidip alın ve okuyun derim. Tess 'e ve kitaplarına bayılacaksınız.
Burak
Feb 12, 2013 Burak rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess'in her kitabı okunuyor sıkmadan ama Rizzoli serisi kadar heyecanlandırmıyor beni. Rizzoli serisini okurken kendimden geçiyorum resmen ama bunlara da katlanıyoruz. Bu kitapta kötü değildi okunabilirdi. Romantizmi az boğucu değildi. Tamam katil hiç beklemediğim biriydi ama kurgu tamamiyle basitti. Yani Arka sokaklarda bile işlenebilecek bir konuydu.
Helena
Dec 29, 2013 Helena rated it did not like it
Im a big time Rizzoli & Isles fan. Read all 10 books in a month. But this is tooooo harlequin romance for me. I lost interest after half the book. This is her earlier stuff, so im not gonna be too harsh since shes obviously getting better. But this book bored me. Im really sorry to say. Hate to give it just one star but i cant stretch to 2. Sorry miss Gerritsen.
Gökhann
Nov 15, 2015 Gökhann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5**
Tess'in harlequin gunlerinden kalan kafayla yazdığını düşünüyorum.İçinde baskın aşk şeyisini çıkarır yada hafifletirsen dört dörtlük kitap olur.
Aşkın başrolde olduğu polisiye severler için ideal kitaplardan biri ama benim için değil.
Ceren Ünlü
Oct 15, 2012 Ceren Ünlü rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bence Tess her zaman okunur. Yine döktürmüş, polisiyenin kraliçesi... Rizzoli serisi kadar olmasa da ben soluksuz okudum... Yazarın dili büyülemeye devam ediyor, her zaman ki gibi... Harikasın Tess...
Elizabeth Ann Cyrus
This was a nice easy read with an interesting storyline. This is my first book by Tess Gerritsen, however, it will not be my last.
Fatma
Jul 14, 2014 Fatma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bir insanın kendini masum olduğunu ispatlaması için daha ne yapabilirdi ki... Harikaydı. Tess Gerritsen kitaplarımın arasındaki yerini aldı :)
Joyce
Nov 07, 2014 Joyce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Dit boek is een van de eerste thrillers van de hand van Tess Gerritsen. Leuk om even tussendoor te lezen, de spanning zit er goed in, misschien iets te zoetsappig.
Sheila
Sep 02, 2016 Sheila rated it it was amazing
What a fun read. I couldn't put it down. I love Tess Gerriston's books.
Helen
Feb 17, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good quick read. Some of it was a little predictable but still worth a read
Kim
Nov 13, 2016 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear.
This book reminds me of the Victorian romance novels that I used to read in high school. I think there was actually a scene in this book where the main female character felt faint and swooned, then was grabbed up by the main male character in his arms, all while she's struggling and wriggling like a beautiful little spitfire (as Victoria Holt used to say).
Couldn't believe this was written by the talented Ms. Gerritsen. Had to have been a ghost writer. Maybe a 17 year old apprentice wi
Vera VB
Mix van romantisch verhaal met een beetje een spannend verhaal.
Richard wordt vermoord, al snel wordt zijn (ex) minares verdacht van moord. Ze schreeuwt haar onschuld uit maar moet het opnemen tegen een machtige en rijke familie.
De broer van Richard, Chase, de verstoten broer, twijfelt aan haar schuld en gaat met haar op onderzoek uit naar de waarheid. Ze roeren in een potje waar ze beter uit gebleven waren want er worden meerdere aanslagen op hun leven gepleegd.

Ik ben niet echt wild van dit b
Donna Winn
Jan 10, 2017 Donna Winn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice mystery romance. Liked the characters and the plot & first guess as to killer was wrong. Like the author and how she brings the plot together. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and def will be reading more from this author. Recommend
Millisent
Too much romance for my taste. Tess is an amazing writer and I always enjoy her mysteries/crime/who dun it story lines
Shan
Dec 31, 2016 Shan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so not like Tess' normal books. It feels like a Sidney book. Kind of lame but still a good quick read. I don't intend to keep this book.
Dave Hodgkinson
Dec 14, 2016 Dave Hodgkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nearly a five. Good plot, good characters, good location, a couple of nice red herrings and a good twist at the end.
Tess Gerritsen Fans: Presumed Guilty (Group Read - Nov/Dec 2012) 17 27 May 05, 2013 11:13AM
  • Mistress of Justice
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • Family Passions
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)
  • Skin and Bone (Dr. Anya Crichton, #3)
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
  • The Wind Dancer/Storm Winds
  • Mortal Evidence: The Forensics Behind Nine Shocking Cases
  • Bodyguard/Husband
  • The Ends of the Earth (The Wide World Trilogy, #3)
  • Cry of the Wild
  • Murder Has Consequences (Friendship & Honor) (Volume 2)
  • The Solomon Effect (Jax Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Der Menschenmacher
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Do No Harm
  • Zerschunden
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

“Acım tıpkı organlarımı kemiren bir yaratık gibi hala canlı.Ölmeyecek.Ölmeyi reddediyor.Onu oraya sen koydun, sen ektin, embriyoya onca yılın besinini verdin.Ve sonra yürüyüp gittin.

Bana iyilik yaptığını söyledin.Şimdi ayrılmak daha iyi, eğer bu iş uzarsa sadece daha fazla acı verecek, dedin.

Acı çekmenin ne olduğunu bilmiyorsun…”
1 likes
“Seni ne için affedeceğim? Bana masumiyetin gerçek anlamını gösterdiğin için mi? İnanmaya programlandığım her kibirli nosyonu sorgulamama sebep olduğun için mi? Salak olduğumu fark etmemi sağladığın için mi?

Sana aşık olmama sebep olduğun için mi?”
1 likes