Start by marking “Rumors: The McCaffertys: The McCaffertys: Thorne\The McCaffertys: Matt (The McCaffertys, #1-2)” as Want to Read:

Rumors: The McCaffertys: The McCaffertys: Thorne\The McCaffertys: Matt (The McCaffertys #1-2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The McCaffertys: Thorne

When Thorne McCafferty rushes home to the family ranch, he is thinking only about whether his sister Randi will survive the car wreck that has put her in the hospital. He never expects that Randi's E.R. doctor will be Nicole Stevenson.

Nicole has never forgotten the teenage passion she shared with Thorne…or the sting of his unexplained rejection. Now
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rumors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumors

Lynda
Actually two books in one. The first is Thorne who is the oldest McCafferty brother. A multi-millionaire, handsome man who as CEO is used to stating exactly what he wants and getting it immediately. Until he is notified that his “little sister” Randi has been in a very serious car accident. Rushing back home to the family ranch, a place he left long ago, he meets Randi’s E.R. doctor who has a past long ago with Thorne.

Randi’s accident is the long-term thread that runs through this book and the
Jamie
After reading this entire book, you THEN discover that you need to read ANOTHER book after this one to find out who the villain is. I quit caring halfway through this book. NO reaL character development. It was all pretty much like a paperdoll version of a book. Very flat and unsatisfying read.
Gjbates
Lexus
Hmm...hmm, this book was typical suspense romance. Find the killer, they make love(very monotony), and (view spoiler) I thought this would be interesting and it was don't get me wrong, but it was typical. I give this book 3 stars because I don't know who the (view spoiler) because of Kelly she's just awesome : )
Marleen
From the book-blurb this one sounded promising. After listening to the audio version I’d say it was just entertaining enough to get through. Sometimes "light" listening is all you need doing house chores after a long day's work. But boy oh boy, are there are lots of cheap clichés in this book! The storylines are so flimsy. Actually, there are two stories here: the first is Thorne McCafferty falling for ER Doctor Nicole Stevens. The second is Matt McCafferty falling for Police detective Kelley (s ...more
Melanie Chabrol-
This is a 2part series... Focusing on 3 brothers Thorne, Matt and Slade McCafferty's. They are wealthy and take NO for an answer. Thorne is voted bachelor of Grand Hope and when his half sister is in the hospital he has found the lady of his dreams. .. She is the DR who admitted her the day she came in. Does the beautiful Nicole feel the same way. Why did sis, end up in the hospital? Was it an accident or intentional?
Matt has never met a lady who he felt something for... Then Det. Kelly Dilling
Bernette Beals
Rumors review

Rumors is a modern western written by author Lisa Jackson about the McCaffertys. These books are about Thorne and Matt.
Jamie Chittick
Good read

This was a good read. Some parts are predictable. The mystery part is interesting and I'm still trying to figure it out.
Emily Higgins
Two novels: Thorne and Matt. Both novels revolve around the fact that Thorne and Matt's sister has been involved in a car crash and is in a coma. Thorne meets Dr. Nicole Stevenson. Matt meets Detective Kelley Dillinger. While trying to determine whether Randi's car crash was an accident or attempted murder and caring for Randi's newborn baby, the two couples fall in love. Enjoyable read.
Darlene Quinn
Well written and intriguing until the disappointing end. They mystery of who wanted to kill Randy McCafferty or why, as well as the identity of the babies father, was not solved. Since it was the central plot in the book, I concider this an unfair trick to get readers to buy the next book in the series. One I would never use.
Tremont G
I had two issues with this book. #1. The female lead in Thorne's story was REALLY annoying and #2. Her kids were even more so! Also I thought it was redundant read a bit slow. But I've read much worse.
Amy
Well it wasn't a page gripper but I was interested enough to read through both stories. The story line (suspence part of it) has me curious enough to read the next two stories.
Misty
This book was my introduction into the McCafferty family, and I must admit, that I loved it! It's a very well written series, with a western twist! Highly recommend it!
Evelyn Bryant
Expected suspense, mystery and romance. Weak. Dated. No mystery, no suspense. And Thorne and Matt were not very interesting at all.
Bobi Tribble
Loved it love how the mystery continues threw all books can't wait to see the ending starting slades book now
Shelly
Basic attraction plots but nothing really happens.
Glenda Bettin
awesome book, love the family
PWRL
May 14, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Willow Webster
Willow Webster marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Maryfrances Wasilko
Maryfrances Wasilko is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
  • Candy Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #4)
  • Border Lass (Border Trilogy II, #2)
  • British Bad Boys
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1) (The Precinct #17)
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • The Irish Duke
  • Crave the Night (Prime Series Omnibus: I Burn for You / I Thirst for You / I Hunger for You)
  • Love Bites
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dylan (The Mighty Quinns, #2)
  • The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)
  • Wolf's Heart (WolfPack Delta, #1)
  • Keeper of My Heart
  • Feral (Kyn Warriors, #3)
  • Stetson's Storm (Lasso Springs #3)
  • The Incorrigible Playboy
Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, grew up in a small timber town in Oregon. She attended Oregon State University and later worked in the banking industry.
In 1983, Jackson's first novel, A Twist of Fate, was published by Silhouette Books. Currently, Jackson writes contemporary romantic suspense novels for Kensington Books and medieval romantic suspense novels for Onyx Books. Her books regul
More about Lisa Jackson...

The McCaffertys (4 books)
  • The McCaffertys: Thorne (The McCaffertys, #1)
  • The McCaffertys: Matt (The McCaffertys, #2)
  • Slade (The McCaffertys, #3)
  • The McCaffertys: Randi (The McCaffertys, #4)
Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) Malice (New Orleans, #6) Almost Dead (San Francisco, #2) Chosen To Die (To Die, #2) Left To Die (To Die, #1)