Start by marking “The John Connolly Collection #1: Every Dead Thing, Dark Hollow, and The Killing Kind (Charlie Parker, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

The John Connolly Collection #1: Every Dead Thing, Dark Hollow, and The Killing Kind (Charlie Parker)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
In Volume I of this special collectors’ edition, visit the terrifying world of John Connolly’s #1 internationally bestselling thrillers: Every Dead Thing, Dark Hollow, and The Killing Kind.

EVERY DEAD THING
Haunted by the unsolved slayings of his wife and young daughter, and tormented by his sense of guilt, former NYPD detective Charlie Parker is a man consumed by violence,
Published September 4th 2012 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

To ask other readers questions about The John Connolly Collection #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The John Connolly Collection #1

Joy
Feb 12, 2015 Joy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: serious, series
First let me say, I have NEVER read a "gum-shoe" novel although I love good TV murder mysteries (True Detective, The Bridge and the Fargo series are some recent favorites.) I chose to read these because a goodreads friend mentioned a strong supernatural element.

Charlie Parker sees the ghosts of those who have been victims of injustice, always involving a truly grotesque serial killer. The prose that the author surrounds these grisly events make it more than the usual, wise cracking PI dialogue.

"
Ipeh Alena
The best thing i liked from Connoly, his writing skill. How he describes every dead people perfectly. About their skin, bout the lost baby from their mother. And he make a story line that make you always curious.

but its all Phillip Margollins' fault. He already write something that make me , have a right shot, who is the cold killer. And i already know from the page 179 (in indonesian book) that someone who really closer to Jim, he did it.
Tarquin Namaste
Apr 07, 2014 Tarquin Namaste rated it it was amazing
I read all of these books individually and not in the box set, and I fell in love with Connolly's style. I was always aware of the King connection and having read King post Connolly, I am inclined to prefer latter. His style is so gripping and his narratives include many supra-sensible themes including reincarnation and the possessions of human beings. A great writer, very skilled.
Michele DeJong Kaiser
Hang on tight

This is a wild and surprising ride! I couldn't put this book down, and now I have done nothing but read for two days.
Mary Healy
May 05, 2014 Mary Healy rated it really liked it
I thought they were intriguing to read, suspense kept the book(s) in my hand.
Georgie
Jan 15, 2013 Georgie rated it really liked it
A collection of dark and mysterious characters which make for a thrilling but chilling read. Enjoyed every one but left with an unease about the world inhabited by the characters.
Not for the lighthearted.
I will wait with baited breath for the next Charlie Parker mystery.
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
jessi adair
jessi adair rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Peter
Peter rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
sharonbruton 1hotmail.co.uk
sharonbruton 1hotmail.co.uk rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Ari
Ari rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Jane Vana Bishop
Jane Vana Bishop rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Gerlo
Gerlo marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Nick Lindberg
Nick Lindberg rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Connie Chu
Connie Chu marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Shelbyrella
Shelbyrella marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Annaliese
Annaliese marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
A Aitchison
A Aitchison rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Maxine Marsh
Maxine Marsh rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Ram Prashanth
Ram Prashanth marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What do you think of Charlie Parker? 1 6 Sep 19, 2012 06:07PM
John Connolly was born in Dublin, Ireland in 1968 and has, at various points in his life, worked as a journalist, a barman, a local government official, a waiter and a dogsbody at Harrods department store in London. He studied English in Trinity College, Dublin and journalism at Dublin City University, subsequently spending five years working as a freelance journalist for The Irish Times newspaper ...more
More about John Connolly...

Charlie Parker (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Every Dead Thing (Charlie Parker, #1)
  • Dark Hollow (Charlie Parker, #2)
  • The Killing Kind (Charlie Parker, #3)
  • The White Road (Charlie Parker, #4)
  • The Black Angel (Charlie Parker, #5)
  • The Unquiet (Charlie Parker, #6)
  • The Reapers (Charlie Parker, #7)
  • The Lovers (Charlie Parker, #8)
  • The Whisperers (Charlie Parker, #9)
  • The Burning Soul (Charlie Parker, #10)