Start by marking “Painted the Other Woman” as Want to Read:
Painted the Other Woman

Painted the Other Woman

Athan Teodarkis knows her type well: women for whom designer dresses and priceless jewelry are paid for only in kind. But he's never been distracted by one—until now. Suspecting his sister's husband of having an affair with the dangerously beautiful Marisa Milburne, Athan determines to put a stop to it.Confident the Teodarkis millions will easily divert this gold digger's ...more
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Painted the Other Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painted the Other Woman

KatieV
It's crushing down on me. Like the blue waves of the Caribbean where their love shimmered for so brief and glorious a time. The pain, the anguish. The world surely must end.... Good merciful heavens, I just can't take any more of James' overwrought style.

I did read the choice parts where he dumps her and she's too clueless to realize what he thinks is going on, the big reveal and the end. Kudos for her kicking him out and bitch slapping him instead of immediately taking him back. Otherwise, I
Mel
Feb 21, 2013 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know how to start my review. Good grief. This book was bad. Bad. Bad. Very bad. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because there are some books out there way worse And I try not to give 1 star, because that is just cruel.

But back to this wretched book. Here we have Marisa. Poor girl, meets a man who puts her up in a penthouse, buys her nice things, and takes her out to eat.
Enter the brother in law of the guy who's giving Marisa access to a better life. Athan. He's Greek. He's powe
RLA
Sep 15, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

If you want deep, emotional, and dramatic stories then Julia James is the author to look for.

Aside from the too-often inner monologues from the hero and heroine, this is a wonderfully crafted story about revenge and mistakes. It’s classic Julia James with it’s one great big misunderstanding that would only take a couple of words to rectify, yet the fact that it is dragged out and the full truth never coming out until near the end makes this a really tense read.

You never really know ho
willaful
I actually thought for a second -- okay, two pages -- that Marisa really was the other woman, which would be totally out of left field for a modern Harlequin Presents and therefore interesting. No such luck. Instead we get one of those incredibly obvious Big Secrets, which the book coyly refuses to reveal until the end, even though the reader will almost certainly guess what it is.

Still, I liked the angst and the pining hero. And the secondary characters were interesting, though we didn't see th
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
So much inner dialogue. I found myself skipping pages to get to the end. Change from H to h's back to H's POV I had to concentrate to know who we were listening to.
Love scene was great.
Sonotjade
Can someone say total cliche?
Seriously, if you do not understand what is going on between Marisa and Ian from the first chapter of the book, you should just go consult... Really, no joking. GO.

I read it in under 2 hours (the longest of my life), some parts of the book simply not worth reading...
The pace of the whole novel: what to say but that it was totally messed up? Some parts the author lingered on (usually those we don't want to hear about) and others she practically skipped upon, like the
Dalia
Sep 02, 2012 Dalia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too much angst, too much tension, too much plotting for a misunderstanding that can be cleared with one confrontation.
No plausible reason for all the secrecy. Too little events. Too much inner dialogue. The story takes place mostly in H/h heads.
Tia
Sep 20, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was sad and tragic in so many ways. There was such emotion present in the novel that I in fact teared up numerous times. I did enjoy the novel greatly. I loved how brave the heroine was and what the hero did to her was wrong on so many levels. The novel was certainly misleading at the start but as the story went on, it wove a great, beautiful and tragic tale.
Carol Storm
Feb 15, 2013 Carol Storm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great romance if you can get past the premise -- the heroine's identity is not revealed till the end of the book, but most readers will figure it out by the end of the second chapter.

Julia James does have an incredibly poetic style, though, and writes angst and emotion with great skill.
Nicole
Nov 19, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story had potential. Unfortunately, it was not used. The plot made no sense. I did not understand why she kept her relationship with her brother a secret. Nor did I get the reason why the H broke up the affair when he didn't want to. Just blaaah.
mad4rombks
Nothing amazing about this. Was almost 15% in before they even had a scene together and then most of it was just their POV about each other and not actually talking to each other.
Lynda
Aug 07, 2014 Lynda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Athan Teodarkis was livid with his private detective’s findings, photos of his brother-in-law Ian Randall with another woman, his suspicions were confirmed. Ian’s father was a womanizer and Athan knew it wouldn’t be long before Ian followed his father’s footsteps. A vindictive plot was devised, Marisa Milburne’s days with Ian will be coming to an end and Ian will remain with his wife after Athan’s deceptive moves were completed, Athan was positive of his plan’s outcome.

“Painted The Other Woman”
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 17, 2013 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Meh. The problem is that the writing style was too flowery for me. I have to learn to remember which authors I don't like the writing styles of, b/c it's not like that's going to change. And it's a shame since I actually enjoyed the more realistic (well, for harlequin books anyways) reactions of the characters. It didn't take til the end of the book for the hero to feel remorse for the crazy ass shit he was pulling. The heroine didn't just take it, but actually gave the hero what-for for the cra ...more
Consuela Rossetto
Athan Teodarkis conosce fin troppo bene le donne come Marisa Milburne, quelle disposte a tutto per ripagare i regali che ricevono dagli uomini facoltosi che frequentano. Lui le ha sempre disprezzate, anche se ora di fronte a lei...
Sospettando che la bellissima Marisa abbia una relazione con il marito di sua sorella, Athan ha messo a punto un piano per risolvere la questione: la sedurrà, per poi abbandonarla. Facile, no?

Una partenza lenta, ripetitiva e noiosa; fortunatamente a metà romanzo un col
Carey
Feb 02, 2016 Carey rated it it was ok
Some Semi-Spoilers*! I don't even know what to say! So unbelievable! Why is everyone in this book always worried about Eva's feelings? Why didn't Athan ever really say he was sorry? Why the big secret? Why did Marisa forgive him so easily?! I would have given 1 star but I don't like giving only 1 star-I feel bad!! I've read this author before & loved her work but this book isn't even worth reading!! Sorry Julia James!
Tonya Warner
Jan 01, 2013 Tonya Warner rated it it was ok
Athan Teodarkis believed his brother-in-law was grooming Marisa Milburne to be his mistress. His plan is to seduce her and then force her to stay away from Ian Randall, leaving his sister;s marriage intact.

The story was predictable. You could tell from the start that Marisa was the illegitament daughter of Ian's philandering father. The constant dithering in the mind's of the two main charater's was annoying. Still, overall, the story was OK.
Kesha
Jul 06, 2015 Kesha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I figured out what was going on in the first chapter. There should not have been a HEA for the hero and heroine.
Hanisah Halim
predictable. i knew who she was from the beginning of the book.
L H
Mar 11, 2015 L H rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you read this book you would have to separate stories with the hero and heroine having their own dialect and their heads there are barely any conversation between the two characters!
Michele
Nov 19, 2015 Michele rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A slow read.
Shanelle
Jan 12, 2013 Shanelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously. I was bored out of my mind.
Lady E
Dec 28, 2012 Lady E rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hate this book or think it was poorly written. However the simple minded confusion between the two main charcters made it almost impossible for me to truly enjoy this book.
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Rupinder
lt was good.
Javiera♥
Un poquitito estúpido.
MoselAnca
MoselAnca rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2013
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Hufsah
Hufsah rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Maldheetah
Maldheetah rated it liked it
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • A Game of Vows
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • After the Greek Affair
  • His Reputation Precedes Him (The Lyonedes Legacy, #2)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • Heiress Behind the Headlines
  • A Stormy Spanish Summer
  • Duty and the Beast (Desert Brothers #1)
  • Stranded, Seduced...Pregnant
  • Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown
  • Contract with Consequences
Julia lives in England with her family. Mills and Boon novels were Julia's first "grown up" books she read as a teenager ("Alongside Georgette Heyer and Daphne du Maurier."), and she's been reading them ever since.

Julia adores the English countryside ("And the Celtic countryside!"), in all its seasons, and is fascinated by all things historical, from castles to cottages. She also has a special lov
More about Julia James...