Start by marking “The Husband She Never Knew” as Want to Read:
The Husband She Never Knew

The Husband She Never Knew (The Power of Redemption #2)

What he wants, he takes!

Cruelly discarded on her wedding night, Noelle Ducasse buries the shame of being an untouched bride—creating a new, glamorous life to mask the relentless ache of loneliness. Until Ammar returns…

The image of Noelle's guileless eyes lingers with Ammar still. Noelle can refuse him all she likes, but this time the ruthless Ammar will not be denied. He'l
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Husband She Never Knew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Husband She Never Knew

Tia
Jul 29, 2016 Tia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like it at all. I found it to be anti-climatic, dull and boring. It seemed the author just scraped together a half ass story and published it. If these are example of the new harlequin type novels coming out this month and in the upcoming months I will be one unhappy woman. I thought it could of been done better. I read another book similar which makes me wonder if it was part of some sort of series. I'm pretty sure it is however this novel sucked compared to that other novel. Shame!
Vashti
This is my last book by this author that I will be reading.All that I have to say is that these characters needed a good therapy session with a shrink.I want my time back.
RLA
Oct 03, 2012 RLA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I simply adored Kate Hewitt's 'The Darkest of Secrets' so I was really pleased to discover this book is linked (The two heroes are estranged brothers). I was expecting a dark and emotional read, and that is exactly what I got.

The hero of this book made me ache; everything about him is so gut-wrenchingly sad and he had done things that should make him unforgivable yet I was able too as Kate Hewitt takes us on his journey of redemption. He is the most flawed hero I think I have ever read, and it w
Akina
Aug 10, 2015 Akina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
willaful
This had a lot of good points, but it didn't hang together very well. Ammar, estranged brother of the hero of The Darkest of Secrets, has recently been rescued after a crash killed his cruel, amoral father and stranded him. The experience has left him wanting to change his life, and especially to reconnect with his ex-wife Noelle. Still hurting from the way he dumped her on their wedding night, Noelle doesn't want to talk to Ammar so, naturally, he has her drugged and kidnapped.

Wait, what? The
Alex is The Romance Fox
I love Kate Hewitt. She’s one of the few Mills & Boon authors that are not afraid to write dark and emotional stories and some of her books have really pushed the boundaries of most of the books published by M&B. In fact, I have loved most of her books.

This is the follow-up to The Darkest of Secrets, which I liked so much and I was rather looking forward to discover what happened to Khalis’s “wicked” brother.

THERE MAY BE SOME SPOILERS……..

I had mixed feelings about The Husband She Never K
Susan (susayq ~)
Poor Noelle, left on her wedding night and then further rebuked by her husband, so she left him and had the marriage annulled. Flash forward ten years and Ammar comes back into her life after he goes through a helicopter crash and almost died, to tell her he wants them to get back together. When she doesn't want to listen to what he has to say, he kidnaps her! Ammar is such a dark and brooding and hurt hero. He wants to tell Noelle how he feels but has been raised not to trust anyone and to NEVE ...more
Mel
Feb 21, 2013 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why, but I seem to keep picking romance novels that showcase damaged men with scars. I have to say that I have a thing about scars. They build character.... they are distinguishing... I could go on... Anyway, enter Ammar... our scarred, brooding male. He is a ruthless business man. He's worth millions. He's hard. He's sexy. He's unable to take NO for an answer. Meet Noelle... his EX-wife. They were married, but on their wedding night, Ammar abandoned her... without consummating the ...more
Paige
Nov 23, 2014 Paige rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-books
Synopsis was very misleading.

1. Noelle and Ammar are no longer married. Their marriage was annulled.

2. Ammar is not nearly as forceful as he is made out to be.

Ammar struggled with the horrendous 'lessons' his father taught him. He thought he could overcome the biggest one when he met and fell hard for Noelle, but on his wedding night the horrors come back and he turns away from her.

Ten years later, he has just survived a helicopter crash while his father did not. He’s realized he needs Noell
Dalyia
Aug 06, 2012 Dalyia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-and-boon, 2012
Very impressive

enjoyed read it .. The events of the novel and the main idea is different..
Full of Hesitant passion

I was hesitating between sympathy for Noelle and pity to Ammar with his painful past
The development of events in their relationship was wonderful and logical ..
And their attempt to overcome the past and to communicate with eacth other

this book is one of the best novels in M&B Modern_2012 in my opinion
thanks Kate
Tammy Terrace
Jul 25, 2014 Tammy Terrace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A difficult read - poignant, bitter, dark, compelling - it will always be harshly reviewed by most because it comes too close to truth, scratches deep beneath the venerable of real life love and romance to reveal how important communication is to every lasting relationship, and how difficult that communication can be. Gives a clear example of how abuse, neglect, even an unintentionally thoughtless action, can spread its affect across circumstance and time like a pebble cast into a still pond, sp ...more
Jebe
Jul 31, 2016 Jebe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It opened up with a promising first scene, but never quite panned out like I'd hoped. After a few chapters, I began to realize that this was a different kind of HP. I kept going thinking that it would pick up speed, but that didn't really happen until the crazy last two chapters. They were just incredibly overly dramatic. I don't mind when HPs are different, but this one was just way too much exposition on what happened ten years ago. Couple that with the fact that the H wanted a fresh start wit ...more
Vanessa
Lynn Spencer
Nov 13, 2012 Lynn Spencer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
I'll admit it. Part of what appeals to me about Harlequin Presents is the fairytale fantasy aspect of the line. I tend to pick up HP's when I'm in the mood to be whisked away to glamorous, faraway locales or just want to indulge in a bit of daydreaming about gazillionaires. The Husband She Never Knew, Kate Hewitt's latest, certainly contains elements of that, but there is a deep, angsty core to the book that makes it stand out. Unlike many of my favorite fairytale HP romances, this book packs a ...more
Gail
Dec 30, 2013 Gail rated it it was ok
Shelves: category-romance
Meh. I really like scarred (emotionally and physically) heroes but this story fell short. At the end of the book I still had the feeling that he just didn't have the you-know-whats to start his own healing process AND start healing the family business. Not once did he discuss with the heroine what he wanted to do to, if not redeem the business, at least work at something to change the employees' lives or working conditions. I would have given the book a higher rating if he'd just mentioned one t ...more
Kathleen Johnstone
This was my first DNF I pride myself on always finishing a book or marking it to come back to I'm sorry but this just pushed me out I don't think I'll be reading another of her books
Veronica
Apr 21, 2013 Veronica rated it it was ok
The storyline was pretty good, but we spend a lot of time not really doing much but contemplating our emotions. Which made it kind of drag. For the most part, it was okay.

The male lead I found myself intensely interested in, but I wasn't altogether pleased with his progress by the end of the book, in terms of assuaging his demons.

The female lead was a spoiled brat, and whens he realized it, it made her kind of perfect in every way. I can't say one negative thing about her.

I would recommend it, b
Livia
Dec 01, 2012 Livia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was very disappointing. I couldn't wait to read this story and it turned out to be a dud! Silence, accusations and a hero that had a lousy personality to match the "hand-wringing what shall I do" heroine. The hero walks out on his bride on their wedding night because his dad is a criminal, and he's having second thoughts on if he can deliver a long term relationship? Please! It was a waste of precious reading time.

Those of you that know me, know I love my Harl Presents and I've read a
Rachel
Jul 05, 2016 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really disappointed in this book. I mean 3/4th of the book is just lame; the hero is a coward and heroine is so boring.
Amanda Sheila
Well, the angst's very heavy. That's for sure. But I glad I read this book because I always love the "romantically forced" story. Hahaha.
Anyway, Ammar's one fucked up guy. If I was Noelle, I'd die humiliated.
But of course, as every other story, he came back and beg her. What bothers me is, why 10 years? Isn't that too long? Why Noelle didn't settle down with new lover? Hmmmm.
Still, I love this one. Definitely mood jumpers. Way to go, Miss Hewitt!
Amy
Nov 13, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
It was going great until I reached the final chapter (before the Epilogue). I don't know what happened; it was as if the author went on vacation between the last chapter and the rest of the book because it seemed very disjointed. The dialogue between the characters was overly mushy, and the author had forgotten the original problems that the couple faced in the beginning of the story that needed to be resolved.
Lenore Kosinski
Nov 07, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
3.5 stars -- Better than I was expecting... Quite honestly, for most of the book I was wondering how I would feel about Ammar and Noelle...they were an intriguing couple, but there was so much badness, I just didn't know how it would resolve. And then the last 20-30 pages happened...yup, took it from meh to enjoyable...I even cried. Was a great resolution to a book that I was skeptical about.
Jackie
Oct 23, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book after being recommended by a friend and I am glad I did. I did not think I would like the main male character but was pleasantly surprised to feel sympathy for him which allowed me to understand his guilt and his need to do better. Definitely recommended if you like a romance with a bit of angst and HEA well he is a work in progress LOL.
Melissa Storm
Nov 26, 2012 Melissa Storm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I used to eat up Harlequin Romances--well, not anymore apparently. I couldn't read more than a paragraph without complaining about something, so eventually my boyfriend told me to save myself the trouble and go read something else. He's so smart sometimes ;-)
E
Apr 03, 2016 E rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifts, reviewed
Well, it was Mills and Boone - and not very well written. Am I a snob? No - the storyline was actually fairly poor, and the writing was very poor. Ah well. A waste of reading time.
Diane
this hero just does not know how to communicate with the woman he loves, and winning her back 10 years after their marriage is annulled is quite a task for him.
Sarah Magner
Not sure how she could ever get back together with him without knowing the truth of his past. Glad they were happy but a pretty unrealistic story overall!
Aisha
Apr 19, 2013 Aisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una historia inteligente que tiene muchos factores psicologicos. Excelente, al igual que su predecesora, El mas oscuro de los secretos.
Kate
May 15, 2013 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not a standout. I got halfway through and decided it wasn't worth my while to continue. Just kinda boring and predictable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Power Of Redemption
Category: Classic Romance
  • Just One Last Night
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Princess From the Past
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • A Game of Vows
  • The Sheikh's Undoing
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • The Secret Spanish Love Child (Modern Romance)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • Exquisite Revenge
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Marriage Made of Secrets
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of over 40 books of women's fiction and romance. She is the author of the Hartley-by-the-Sea series, set in England's Lake District and published by Penguin. She is also, under the name Katharine Swartz, the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell. Other series include the Emigrants Trilogy, the Amh ...more
More about Kate Hewitt...

The Power of Redemption (2 books)
  • The Darkest of Secrets