Start by marking “Midnight Rider” as Want to Read:
Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Count Eduardo Cortes's fortune—and future at his beloved ranch—are in question. Tragedy, money woes and family pressure are now driving him toward a marriage of convenience. That is, until he encounters Bernadette Barron, wandering frightened and disheveled after a society ball.…

Beneath the grime, it's clear Bernadette is beautifu
Published November 20th 2012 by Harlequin HQN (first published August 29th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Rider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Rider

Adriana Fogaça
Cavaleiro da Meia-noite
Diana Palmer
Harlequin Books
2014

Atualmente tenho tido a chance de ler ótimos livros da Diana Palmer. Fiquei surpresa e feliz de pegar um livro que foi escrito em 1998, e encontrar belíssimos personagens e uma excelente estória.

O que me deixa totalmente desconcertada são as mocinhas que a Diana inventa. Pois, me coloca uma mocinha do início do século passado, destemida, inocente (é claro), mas totalmente a frente de seu tempo.

Fico confusa, pois são completamente diferente d
Alexis-Morgan Roark
This one has to last for a while...I am going into the week before FINALS!!

Still behind for FINALS and finished this book. I know. I know. I gotta hide my Kindle and box up my books until the weekends.

Anyway...this was a historical. Nice change from all the contemporary (90s) alpha jerks I've been reading lately.

It was nice to get a variety of characters even if the plot/storyline is the same as the contemporaries-I am OK with that!

This heroine, while not as healthy as most DP heroines, was a bi
Bree T
Bernadette Barron has always been a burden to her father. Her mother died in childbirth and her father has never forgotten that, nor has he forgiven her it seems. Bernadette also suffers from debilitating asthma and often requires care during and after an attack, further adding to the burden on her wealthy father.

An Irish immigrant, Colston Barron aspires to the levels of society that are closed off to him, despite all of his acquired wealth. He wants to marry his daughter off to a man with a ti
Amanda Sheila
I LOVED IT!

Bernadette, pretty girl with fragile lungs, is going to marry Eduardo. But not out of love. Bernie needs him for his title and to get away from her disrespectful father and Eduardo needs her to save his ranch. They made a promise to have a good marriage with friendship and honesty only. But what will Eduardo do when he realized he fall in love with Bernadette when she already gone because of his awful grandmother?

Been a while since I read good work of Diana Palmer. I have no high ex
Liv
As I am awaiting the arrival of my new monthly credits on audible.com, I needed an inexpensive audiobook, and not a long one at that. Oh my goodness, this little book was so much more than I bargained for! It was so good!!

This book has a lot of redeeming qualities in the lives of the characters. Palmer did a wonderful job in creating some of the most beautiful transformations in father-daughter, husband & wife, and within in-law relationships which was so heart-warming to witness.

Bernadette
Clarke
3.7 Stars. Public Library 11/10/14. Bernadette is the daughter of a wealthy Irish immigrant who is trying to marry her off in exchange for respectability. Eduardo is the neighbor that Bernadette has been in love with for years he also happen to fit all of her fathers criteria. He's titled but desperately in need of money which is the bargaining chip Bernadette's father feels like he needs to marry her off. Bernadette thought the hardest part of her relationship with Eduardo would be getting him ...more
Katrina
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Historical Romance isn't often my choice of genre but I love change and I love reading different things. So when this was sent to me to review I had no idea what I was getting into or what to expect from it. What I didn't expect was to enjoy it as much as I did.

The blurb, to me, doesn't give this book justice.

Bernadette, young and stubborn has turned down many marriage proposals, much to her fathers disgrace. She wants to find love on her own, she wants Eduardo, but she won't let anyone know.
Pam H
Bernadette Barron's father is trying to marry her off to a titled gentleman with no luck. Bernadette manages to thwart every attempt. She has lived a miserable existence with her father, a self made millionaire, because in his eyes his beloved wife is dead thanks to Bernie. Her mother died giving birth to her and every time her father looks at her he is reminded of that fact.

Eduardo Cortes is a Count from Spain who lives on a ranch nearby and desperately needs money to keep his operation going.
Lu Bielefeld *Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!*
Amei a heroína! \o/
Este é um típico livrinho da autora e me deixou com saudade do modo de escrever dela. Os livros atuais estão todos muito ruins, então foi como um bálsamo para minha alma de fã, hahahahaha!!!
Patricia Solla
Based on our conceptions of life in the old west this story is right on the mark. The author has created a tale that gives the reader a strongly independent female lead character who's family background is a little odd but interesting to the reader. The male lead character is strong, mysterious and has and odd family background which is once again interesting to the reader. There are several issues involved with the health and well-being of the female lead character and the author addresses them ...more
Amber
FANTASTIC. Loved this story to pieces. Great character development, great setting, great story, just...y'know...great. XD There were a few parts that felt a LEETLE bit rushed, but the everything else was so wonderful I still had to give it a full five stars. Particularly for the fact that it didn't end when the "I love you"s were exchanged! I might have to buy myself a copy of this one.
Angelica Stevenson
In 2005-2007 I read so many of Diana Palmer's books. My ex's mom had a lot and that got me hooked. She is an excellent author and I just enjoyed them. Especially the rancher, texas, farmer themes plots and stuff.
Judith Wright
Decent story. I though the asthmatic storyline was definitely something different Palmer and I thought she did a fairly decent job incorporating it into the scheme of things.
Annelise
I liked this story.
At first I wanted to shake and slap the father silly. Nothing to bring a family together like a crises.
Twins, what a nice idea.
Liked it very much.
LibraryDanielle
a bit pat in the resolution, but not a terrible story. everyone magically reverses their thinking in one fell swoop and poof, everyone is happy. yeah, right.
Loretta
Wow! I wish I had this ranch! How ghastly his grandmother and cousin behave towards Bernadette! Gah! Alas, people have done some stupid things in history.
Rebeca O
As always I'm captivated by another Diana Palmer book. Once I began to read it I could not put it down.
Jaye
Every girl should be blessed with an Eduardo. Strength, nobility and determination, whats not to love.
Tish
Swept away again by another Diana Palmer novel and I couldn't put it down.
Karen
perfect little story
LeAnn Martinez
It was ok, the end was better
Jenny
library e-book
PWRL
Jun 05, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
  • Lords of Love: A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Promise Me Texas (Whispering Mountain, #7)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • The Bridegroom (Stone Creek, #5)
  • Comanche Heart (Comanche, #2)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Roccanti's Marriage Revenge (Modern)
  • Wishes in the Wind
  • Sunset Embrace (Coleman Family Saga #1)
  • For Honor's Sake
  • Except My Love
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • One Heart to Win
  • All of You (All of Me, #2)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • Highland Moonlight
  • My Savage Heart (McQuaid Trilogy #1)
  • Until You

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade