Start by marking “Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)

Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests #2)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Poppy West, genius and legendary code-cracker, needs a hideaway. Her borrowed desert island seems perfect—until she discovers the owner is the most dangerously sexy man she has ever laid eyes on… Now she's out of her depth!Sebastian Reyne never intended to teach Poppy all the delightful, enticing mysteries of flirtation. Poppy needs a nice man, not a rogue. A patient man, ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cracking the Dating Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cracking the Dating Code

Kate
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars

I really loved this book! The only reason I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5 was that the last chapter (when the heroine meets the hero's coworkers) seemed out of place for me. It added too much additional tension in the last 10% of the book without adding to the payoff.
Dalia
This is one sweet & captivating read.
Kelly Hunter 's writing style is so fresh, so breezy, her dialogue is so amusing, so flirty that I kept smiling non stop while reading this delightful book. Not to mention the laugh-out-loud moments .
KH's characters are perfect with their flaws & insecurities. I fell in love with them at first sight, Seb is a wonderful hero with the right amount of strength, good humor & tenderness. Poppy is shy & mousy but she is smart & courageous.my on
PBnJ
Oct 29, 2012 PBnJ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of light, fun contemporary romances
Cracking the Dating Code is a fun and light-hearted story about a brilliant cryptologist who is looking to break the code to a government encrypted file and locate her missing brother and a oil-rigger who is dealing with the recent tragedy of a rig explosion that killed one of his men and seriously wounded another. Their tale of love is short but sweet, and though the relationship progressed quickly I thought it was done realistically. I spent a good deal of time chuckling out loud at the banter ...more
Tia
This book was full of hilariousness. Between the sexy flirty banter and the general cockiness, it was great to read. I can't say it was the most serious and wonderful book I've ever read but it did have great attempt of dragging me away from my "regular" world and into a dreamy seduction of bliss. Worth the read!
Susan (susayq ~)

This was a nice way to spend a day or so reading. Nothing earth shattering, but nice. Poppy was a shy nerdy girl who had no clue how to flirt, except she did so well with Seb. Honestly, I didn't get the vibe that Seb was a playboy like he claimed to be. For me, he was just a nice hero who was intrigued by Poppy's innocent flirtation:)
Estara
Apr 14, 2012 Estara rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the first book in the series
Recommended to Estara by: Li
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
June
Seb has the weight of the world on his shoulders, feeling responsible for the loss of the life of one of his employees and injury to another. He's hiding out on his island trying to figure out his next step.

Poppy is trying to figure out where her brother is hiding out and needs isolation to crack the code. Her partner, Seb's brother, offers the use
of their island. She needs to convince Seb to come back to work though. She gets him to teach her the fine art of flirting and then things go from the
KarenF
I tore through this in a couple of hours while resting a twisted ankle. Hunter once again brings the fun dialogue. I loved that Poppy was a true introvert and not a caricature of of a computer geek. There was nothing wrong with her, just that social interactions don't come easy to her. It was refreshing. And I loved that Seb was more outgoing and a risk taker but never really wanted to change her to be more like him. Just wanted her to feel more comfortable. Very fun read.
Tasmia
The fragmentary, elliptical prose style didn't work for me; it kept me from losing myself to the world of the story. Also, I kept waiting for the story to start - there seemed to be so many hints for external plot, but ultimately it's a story entirely about emotional shifts. There were some delightfully vivid scenes, though, and I really rather liked both main characters. The writing and dialogue were deliciously intelligent. All told, there's nothing wrong with an all-emotion story - it was jus ...more
Bungluna
Nice but ultimately forgettable.
Li
I loved the banter and flirting between Seb and Poppy - it was sweet, funny, and sexy (which are probably words I use about every single Kelly Hunter book).

I found it interesting that Poppy was portrayed as suffering from crippling shyness or as she puts it, she's not just a people person - that is a slightly different slant for an M&B. I liked all the secondary characters, especially Seb's brother Tom(as), who really needed more page time (though slightly annoyingly, Seb kept on flipping b
Chris
Love Poppy. She's super smart, super awkward and that's what makes her so charming. She is curious about the sexual attraction between her and Sebastian and follows that curiosity with her inquisitive nature into a relationship with Sebastian. I love her honesty and it was really refreshing to read about a heroine who didn't turn into an absolute idiot when she's around the hero. Instead she charms him out of his misgivings about a serious relationship with her - whether she did this on purpose ...more
Tima
Poppy, a highly intelligent, code-cracker, needs a private place to crack a code. It MIGHT be slightly illegal, hence her need for secrecy. When a friend offers the use of his private island she accepts. But fear of water and talking to new people are just the beginning of her problems when she takes a boat out to this island.

I enjoyed this story. It was cute, fun and entertaining. While very predictable, it did have a few angles that were a bit different. It is the second book featuring Poppy'
Hilly
3 stars.

Sequel to Flirting With Intent, and I strongly suggest that you read that one first before you attempt this one, else you'll miss out on the many references made to it.

This was improbable and interesting. Poppy put me in mind of Fred from Angel ... only more likeable. Seb is brooding & guilt-ridden, strong & athletic, capable & rich.

I like that they each grew from the time that they spent together. I liked spending time with them.

A quick, well-written read, with some depth,
Elisabeth
Mar 13, 2014 Elisabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elisabeth by: Kelly Hunter glom
A quieter book than the other West siblings because Poppy herself is a more introspective character. A child genius, she was always much younger than school and university mates so she's introverted. A successful criptographer she needs to be somewhere isolated to decipher the file Damon hacked in Flirting with Intent.

The somewhere isolated turns out to be an island owned by her business partner's brother Sebastian Reyne. Sebastian owns an oil rig company and is on the island nursing a hangover
Marina Andreou
Ειλικρινα δεν μου αρεσε...αρχιζει ωραια αλλα μετα κατι δεν παει καλα..ειναι ωραιες οι περιγραφες..το νησι..αλλα δεν μπορεσα να το τελειωσω...καπου η συγραφεας δεν μπορουσε να κανει την ηρωωιδα πιο θαραλεα..δεν ξερω μετα αλλα αν ειναι μοωο 2 προσωπα να ειναι στο βιβλιο χωρις κανενα αλλο προσωπο ε τοτε...και δεν ξερω...μπορουσε να ηταν καλυτερα..να ηταν και ο αδελφος του ηρωα και εκει να ειχε κοντρες μεταξυ τους...αν ημουν εγω θα το διαχειριζουμουν καλυτερα...βλακεια που το αγορασα...αν και ηταν κ ...more
Rebecca
I really enjoyed this book! Poppy was a lot of fun - she's awkward around new people but still strong-willed and willing to try new things. I love that she wanted to push herself and that she wouldn't let others push her around. Seb was a tough hero with plenty of guilt over a recent work accident, but he was a great foil for Poppy. I really believed in their HEA. Definitely recommend this one to readers of category romance!
Mem
Poppy is on Sebastian's island to search the Internet for information on her brother's location. The over-the-top system he has are just what she needs, the only this is the ocean she must cross, by ship, to get there.
Vanessa Kelly
Another sexy, fun, emotional and satisfying read from Hunter. Her characters have real depth and wit, and I love her turns of phrase. She's such a darn good writer!
Stevie Carroll
A sweet and fluffy little story, memorable mainly for having a geek heroine. The subplots didn't really grab me, but it was a fun enough diversion.
Ally Blake
As per usual with a Kelly Hunter book, this story was smart, sexy and unique.

I am so in love with the West family I want the next one NOW!
Ellie Darkins
Read two Kelly Hunter books this weekend and loved them both. Sparkling dialogue and seriously sexy heroes.
Nicola Marsh
Kelly Hunter writes delightfully realistic, flawed characters whose dialogue absolutely sparkles!
Jess
A Presents title with a not super alpha hero and a nerdy heroine? Yes, please.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Battle of the Sexes
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Battle of the Sexes
Category: Classic Romance
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • Grease Monkey Jive
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • When Honey Got Married
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Untamed Billionaire, Undressed Virgin
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • The Matchmaker Bride
  • Mistress for a Weekend
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.
More about Kelly Hunter...

The Wests (3 books)
  • Flirting With Intent (The Wests, #1)
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1) The One That Got Away Wife for a Week (Bennett #1) Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1) What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)