Start by marking “Snowbound Wedding Wishes: An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe\Twelfth Night Proposal\Christmas at Oakhurst Manor” as Want to Read:

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Three Regency Christmases to remember…An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe by Louise Allen

Hugo, Earl of Burnham, hates Christmas! Snowbound in widow Emilia Weston's cozy alehouse, with her young twins, he's surrounded by festive preparations. Hugo's cynical heart is in danger of being melted…. How much longer can he avoid the mistletoe?

Twelfth Night Proposal by Lucy Ashford

Leavin
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound Wedding Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound Wedding Wishes

Susan
An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe by Louise Allen
Hugo, Earl of Burnham, hates Christmas! Snowbound in widow Emilia Weston's cozy alehouse, with her young twins, he's surrounded by festive preparations. Hugo's cynical heart is in danger of being melted... How much longer can he avoid the mistletoe?

Hugo is headed home after being away in the war. He has no good memories of Christmas and tends to avoid any celebration of the holiday. When he is caught in the storm and takes refuge at Emilia's alehouse
Megan
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Three Christmas novellas about unexpected visitors, snow, and blooming love. A widowed alewife finds love with a snowed in Earl. The new lord of the manor finds love with a country girl who intrigues him. An old love is rekindled at a house party. Good read!!
Cherish
Bukcrz
I did enjoy this historical read. It fall on the comfort read for me because they are pretty much predictable but the authors did great spinning words to create vivid characters and relatable emotions.

EARL BENEATH THE MISTLETOE - 4 STAR - A returning soldier found a home and family even as he reunited a long lost daughter to her family. I love the reality of how the heroine lived/lives and enjoyed watching the hero run after his own tail as he struggles against cupid's arrow during the holiday s
Julie Bonello
Snowbound Wedding Wishes is a delightful collection of three charming Regency novellas from popular authors Louise Allen, Lucy Ashford and Joanna Fulford.

Multi award-winning author Louise Allen starts things off with An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe, a magical tale of renewal, redemption and the healing power of love.

After five years spent on the front line fighting for his country, the time has come for Major Hugo Travers, Earl of Burnham, to return to England and find a suitable bride – it’s just
Cherie Jensen
All three authors are new to me and therefore unfamiliar. I was engaged in each of the stories so much so that I forgot I was reading an anthology at times.

The core premise is snowbound, of course, a hero who dislikes or has not experienced a love filled Christmas, and an anti-hero. In each case the hero had either a title and/or wealth and the heroine was living in dire straits or close to it. This aspect made believable stories difficult because destitution can leave a heroine taking chances s
heidi
A trio of light but satisfying stories set in a snowy landscape. All of them have mild Christmas themes.

The first one, an Earl Beneath the Mistletoe, was the most compelling one, although it requires a stout set of belief suspenders attached to historical class issues. However, the attraction was well-rendered, and the male lead is actually both useful and funny. For instance, as he talks to his horse:
"‘You have to agree, Ajax, that it would be unpleasantly ironic to survive five years of being
Patsyann
1st Story – 5 stars
Everything I love in a romance!!
- Love at first site
- Hunky soldier
- Beautiful widow
- Love in a snowbound house
Just love this story – a feel good romance that doesn’t really end until the last word. I didn’t know whether these two would get together (even though I could see the ending – I tried to be in denial and waited for it to happen!!)
BEST USE OF: A Christmas party

ALPHA MALE 10++
SPUNKY HEROINE 10++
CUTE KID(S) 10++
SOME SEX (wait for it..wait for it…) 6
HEA(HAPPILY EVER AFT
Stevie Carroll
A trio of festive stories set in the snowier parts of England. Although I loved Louise Allen's story of village life in the Chiltern Hills, my favourite had to be Lucy Ashford's Derbyshire-set story as Theo's attempts to scare off his guests backfire on him but the local traditions still work to make his Christmas far more memorable than any he's experienced before. Joanna Fulford's story was less grounded in any specific geographical location, but it still left me wanting to read more of her wo ...more
Rosemary
Usually romance books of this sort (collections of novellas around a shared theme) start with a strong novella, then move to a weaker one, then end with one that is either very weak, or one that confounds a convention (for example, the Regency heroine wears glasses, or is plain, or the hero is a schoolteacher, not titled, or nerdy rather than athletic, or the characters are Jews in nineteenth century England...).

This volume confounded that convention. I found all three novellas A) well-written,
Harlequin Books
"Following the criteria that each of these charming novellas must be set during a snowbound holiday, this trio of authors offers up delectable stories capturing the atmosphere of the English countryside, village celebrations, house parties and most of all romance. Each author has a personal spin on the theme, making each story as wonderful, uplifting and romantic as the next. What a treat for readers." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
I enjoyed these stories. As expected, Louise Allen's was my favourite. There is just something about her writing that gets me every time! Christmas romance and escapism at its best...
Patricia Solla
These stories were three very interesting historical reads about celebrating Christmas in England. Each story gives a different view of how society views relationships between men and women and where there are 'classed' in society. The authors treat the reader to some magical, intriguing and romantic adventures.
Dancer
In reality, my rating is heavily swayed with Louise Allen's story "An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe." I absolutely fell in love with Major Hugo Travers and Emilia Weston. All three stories were the perfect Christmas read, but Allen's story outweighs the other two.
Victoria
Ugh. No. Regency is just not my thing. Neither is 3 cases of sexual harassment and rape.
Susan
Three sweet Christmas themed tales. Out of all, I think the first one - An Earl Beneath the Mistletoe - was my favorite, but all were pleasant and interesting for a nice quiet time!
Amy

I really liked this book
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Sheryl Walters
Sheryl Walters marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)