Start by marking “Golden Shores: Treasures Lost, Treasures Found / The Welcoming” as Want to Read:
Golden Shores: Treasures Lost, Treasures Found / The Welcoming

Golden Shores: Treasures Lost, Treasures Found / The Welcoming

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  21 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author NORA ROBERTS enthralls with two classic tales of love...and the winding path taken to find itTreasures Lost, Treasures Found

Kate Hardesty had inherited a dream: mysterious charts mapping the way to sunken treasure. Determined to complete her late father's explorations, she returns to the island where she'd spent one memorable summer and
Published November 20th 2012 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Golden Shores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golden Shores

Petie McCarty
Listened to this two-book combination as an abridged audiobook. Treasures Lost was a very early Nora Roberts novel teamed with a much later novel, The Welcoming. It was an enjoyable listen, but probably not my favorites of Ms. Roberts' work.
Kimberly Decamp
i only gave this a 3 because the first book " treasures lost, treasures found" was great! it was captivating all the way through. however i found "the welcoming" difficult to get into and irritated that i didn't know what roman was trying go investigate before 1/2 of the book was over. it was more like i was charity in the unknown before finally i could piece it all together. in the beginning i couldn't tell if roman was a good guy or a bad guy and it was frustrating to not know if i was going t ...more
Heather
Maura
Lori Shafer
Jun 08, 2015 Lori Shafer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beach read, Nora Roberts fans
I have been a fan of Nora Roberts for years. I thought I had read every book she has ever written but I did not remember these two.

Treasures Lost, Treasures Found is a book about young love being revisited many years later. A young woman proving herself to her late father and reaching a goal he was unable to fulfill in his lifetime. But only the boy she left behind can help her. I think this book is an excellent beach read.

The Welcoming is Roberts at her best. It is a simple love story about an
Bitch With
I'd give this a 2 plus-ish, but that's not an option. The first story was so-so. The story line was okay. I like treasure maps, but the two characters did absolutely zero for me. I only pushed through the second story so I could return the book to the library without feeling guilty. The second story was much better. It had some mystery to it. Lesson learned: stick with J.D. Robb.
Natalie
More of the author's older books. I liked these two better than another set I read.
Becky
Good stories but the characters could use more depth and character to them.
Sandra Fortier
The stories were interested...but not the usual depth of characters that I have come to expect from Nora Roberts.
Sam
The first story of the book was a little slow for me but all in all very good. I'm glad I picked it up and began reading it again. The second story I found that I enjoyed very much. The story being more from the man's perspective made it a different change of pace and was very refreshing.
Olga
Finally. What a way to finish this year.

Well like I said before in my updates...the first story was sadly disappointing, but The Welcoming was soooo good.

I loved the drama, the action and the romance of course. Great story.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I enjoyed both stories in the book equally, and this was a perfect summer reading choice! You can always count on Nora to provide an entertaining book, that you just can't put down!
Heidi
Treasures Lost, Treasures Found was good, but I did not care for The Welcoming. This book only gets 3 stars because of the Treasures story. I am disappointed in this book.
Kat
Mar 14, 2013 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed the first book in this two book novel....Treasures Lost, Treasures Found....but the second book..The Welcoming...seemed to drag for me.
Natalie
Love Nora Roberts, ya you know boy meets girl, girl meets boy, falls in love....but every thing in the middle is so much fun!!!!!!!!
Tanya *jeepgal*
There are two stories in this book. The first story I would give 2 stars and the second 4 stars. So I settled on three stars.
Karen
The first book took a long time to get into it but at about page100, it picks up. I might try the second book later.
Jlemerson27
Lust in the dust...or sand as may be the case. OK, but too predictable.
Tiffany
Another classic Nora, always at her best.
Angelalyn
Enjoyed the first, couldn't get into the second.
Sara Williams
Story line kind of drags out. Ok book.
susan moutray
susan moutray marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Jo
Jo added it
Jul 19, 2015
Jamie PALMER
Jamie PALMER marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Lory Maxwell
Lory Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • Exposure: The Cutting Edge/White Lies
  • Catching the Sun
  • Home by Dark
  • Merciless (Senseless, #2)
  • Once More With Feeling
  • Freeing Grace
  • Sworn Secret
  • Hollywood Sinners
  • Soul Beach
  • Friends and Rivals
  • The Greatest Love Story of All Time
  • Solo
  • Pulse (Frank Quinn, #7)
  • Season Of Strangers
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

“You’re still holding my arm.”
“I know.”
So this was it, she thought, and struggled to keep her voice. “Should I ask you to let go?”
“I wouldn’t bother.”
She drew a deep, steadying breath. “All right. What do you want, Roman?”
“To get this out of the way, for both of us.”
He rose. Her step backward was instinctive, and much more surprising to her than to him. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
“Neither do I.” With his free hand, he gathered up her hair. It was soft, as he’d known it would be. Thick and full and so soft that his fingers dived in and were lost. “But I’d rather regret something I did than something I didn’t do.”
“I’d rather not regret at all.”
“Too late.” He heard her suck in her breath as he yanked her against him. “One way or the other, we’ll both have plenty to regret.”
He was deliberately rough. He knew how to be gentle, though he rarely put the knowledge into practice. With her, he could have been. Perhaps because he knew that, he shoved aside any desire for tenderness. He wanted to frighten her, to make certain that when he let her go she would run, run away from him, because he wanted so badly for her to run to him.
Buried deep in his mind was the hope that he could make her afraid enough, repelled enough, to send him packing. If she did, she would be safe from him, and he from her. He thought he could accomplish it quickly. Then, suddenly, it was impossible to think at all.
She tasted like heaven. He’d never believed in heaven, but the flavor was on her lips, pure and sweet and promising. Her hand had gone to his chest in an automatic defensive movement. Yet she wasn’t fighting him, as he’d been certain she would. She met his hard, almost brutal kiss with passion laced with trust.
His mind emptied. It was a terrifying experience for a man who kept his thoughts under such stringent control. Then it filled with her, her scent, her touch, her taste.
He broke away-for his sake now, not for hers. He was and had always been a survivor. His breath came fast and raw. One hand was still tangled in her hair, and his other was clamped tight on her arm. He couldn’t let go. No matter how he chided himself to release her, to step back and walk away, he couldn’t move. Staring at her, he saw his own reflection in her eyes.
He cursed her-it was a lack quick denial-before he crushed his mouth to hers again. It wasn’t heaven he was heading for, he told himself. It was hell.”
1 likes
“I need you, your boat and your equipment for a month, maybe two. I can’t dive alone because I just don’t know the waters well enough to risk it, and I don’t have the time to waste. I have to be back in Connecticut by the end of August.”
“To get more chalk dust under your fingernails.”
She sat back slowly. “You have no right to criticize my profession.”
“I’m sure the chalk’s very exclusive at Yale,” Ky commented.”
0 likes