Start by marking “Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)” as Want to Read:
Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
Read Excerpt

Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Ale
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #148, 288 pages
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Kissed by a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissed by a Vampire

Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Calling
Category: Paranormal Romance
Judy
Kissed by a Vampire by Caridad Pineiro
The Calling/The Reborn Vampire Novel Series
Alex Garcia is a DEA undercover agent. After a job in New York gone wrong, he almost died there and it left him with odd nightmares of a beautiful woman who also had the face of a demon. Just as he gets the okay to go back to work in Miami, Dan McAnn, a former agent, calls to ask Alex to find his missing daughter, Andrea. What he didn’t expect was to see the woman from his dreams a while he searched for the missing
Stephanie

Original Post at FANGS, WANDS and FAIRY DUST on November 13

KISSED BY A VAMPIRE Told With Fiery Passion

KISSED BY A VAMPIRE
Caridad Piñeiro
Harlequin Nov. 1, 2013
288 pages
e-book, mass-market paperback, audiobook

Book provided for review by publisher or author via NetGalley.Com.
No remuneration was exchanged. All opinions herein are my own unless otherwise noted.

A vampire who has given up on love gets a second chance from a most unlikely mortal…
For two thousand years, vampire elder Stacia has roamed
Kimberly
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

The story is good. The connection of the characters is not. I have never read a book by Pineiro before and while most of the writing was good I was tired of her using the same words over and over. How many times does the vampire need to tell us she is an elder? While we apparently meet this characters in “Death Calls” the meeting is explained and does not matter if you have not read the first one (as I had not).

I really just did not feel a chemistry betwe
Shirley
Kissed by a Vampire was more than just a vampire romance. It was a battle between good and evil in both the supernatural and real world. A battle that turned into a real page turner.

I’ve been in a series rut lately. It was kind of nice reading a book that was an enjoyable read and the story was finished when I was done. Not that I am going to turn away from my love of series books, it was just a nice change of pace.

Alex was a career driven man, but not one who was out for money and power. His dr
Shell
Kissed by a Vampire by Caridad Pineiro

Alex Garcia had opened his eyes to see a beautiful woman beside him and his ex being held in the arms of another man before succumbing to the haze of pain after being shot. The undercover agent had to have been hallucinating anyway because the woman, no matter that she was beyond beautiful, had the fangs of a vampire peeking out from her luscious lips as she leaned over his still body. She still visited him in his dreams and there was no way he could allow h
Sandy
KISSED BY A VAMPIRE by Caridad Pineiro

BOOK BLURB: For two thousand years, vampire elder Stacia has roamed on her own, haunted by the betrayal that turned her into a creature of the night. Her nights looming empty and eternal, Stacia longs for love, but settles for quick bites and sinful pleasures in South Beach. Until she comes face-to-face with the unforgettable DEA agent she once brought back from the brink of death.

Alex Garcia knows that demons exist—the real kind, the kind that are kidnappin
Cinzia
Ho scoperto da poco questa scrittrice e quando sono andata ad aprire la sua booklist la prima volta sono quasi svenuta, ha tantissime pubblicazioni al suo attivo e io avevo letto solo due short-novel prima di questo libro.
Kissed by a Vampire si può conservare autoconclusivo, anche se fa parte di una serie, ma grazie all'utilizzo di alcuni flashback, si vengono a conoscere i retroscena del primo incontro tra Stacia e Alex.
Al contrario dei libro che di solito leggo in questo caso lo vampiro e' Sta
Viviana Izzo
This and other reviews available at Viviana, Enchantress of Books

“Kissed by a Vampire” is set in the hot, steamy, sultry South Beach, Florida. I was actually born and raised in Miami and South Beach had different meaning during the different stages of my life. This book brought back fun memories of hanging out with friends, dancing at clubs and enjoying the night life. Though there were (and still are) interesting individuals that are part of the club scene, I don’t think they were vampires. T
Krista
Kissed By A Vampire by Caridad Pineiro

5Stars

Sizzling, fast paced and grabs you right from the start. We meet the main characters in a most unpleasant situation were several things come to light and Stacia decides to give Alex the vampires kiss so he can live to see another day. Then we are wisked away from the bitter cold of Manhattan for the sultry heat of Miami where our heroes coincidentally run in to each other again. Then all kinds of thing happen, wonderful sexual tension, great emotional
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

I LOVE The Calling series! It's easily one of my favorite vampire series out there. When I discovered it, I devoured every book that was out there in a 3 day span I think, and then... I waited. Hoping that Caridad would be putting out another book in the series soon. I finally got my wish!

I was fortunate enough to win a signed copy of this book and was ecstatic to say the least. I've waited a long time for Stacia to find the perf
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I was provided a courtesy copy of “Kissed by a Vampire” from the author in exchange for an honest review.
First, off, let me apologize, ahead of time since I wanted this review out sooner since I was provided an advance reading copy, but due to not being around any WiFi services I was not able to. =(
My Mom lives out in the country and does not have Internet and that is where I’m currently visiting, so I’m at Starbucks to make sure my review goes live today.
Stephanie Collins
Alex almost died doing his job as an undercover agent but a mystery woman saved him … or at least that is what he sort of remembers except the woman was not completely mortal… Oh wait that can't be right so he keeps that part to himself otherwise he wouldn't be able to go back undercover doing what he loves. Duty means everything to him even at the expense of a personal life. I loved his sense of honor and vulnerability with our heroine but underneath it all you know these two are just meant to ...more
Vh
A really interesting read. Vampire Stacia leads a tough lonely life but longs for love. She is not your typical herione. A survivor, she is also ruthless and determind. Life changes for her when she meets cop Alex, who is aware of the exixtance of vampires and demons. They met briefly in another book by this author when Stacia saved Alex's life after an attack and reunite when Alex decides to work undercover at a club that Stacia frequents. Thire romance has some heart rendering moments .

I'm not
Rosemary K
To make full disclosure I did receive a copy of this book from the author. That said, I loved the book. The character of Stacia, who has appeared previously in other books in The Calling series,is a strong character that you can empathize with even though she is a vampire. Her search for true love seems futile. She has given up hope until she meets Alex Garcia. He is a dedicated DEA agent who is not afraid to confront her. Their lives have already crossed when Stacia saved him from death when he ...more
Alexander Petkovski
Kissed by a Vampire is a romance mixed with paranormal. My favorite genre. The main characters are Alex Garcia and Stacia. The action takes place in Miami. I think that Stacia has apperared in Death Calls.

Alex is a DEA agent and recently he has been having terrible nightmares. Stacia is a two thousand year old vampire and her life has become very depressing and boring. One night, they spot each other in a bar called The Widget. Stacia wants him in bed and for meal. The next night, they meet agai
Trudy Powders

Book Review:Kissed by a Vampire by author Caridad Pinero This is the very first book by this author I have ever read.I enjoyed the story and the characters.The story follows vampire elder Stacia,she is a vampire ancient and Alex is a DEA agent when they meet the first time Alex is in trouble and Stacia helps him.Years later they meet again and a relationship develops.Alex is working on a dangerous case involving human slavery and Stacia knowing what it is like to be enslaved helps.I dont want to
Marina
This is bet a 3 and 4 stars story. I do want to read more books in this series(Miniseries: The Calling).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self: Stacia (2,000yo vamp elder,pal)+Alex Garcia(DEA agent,ex),Samantha Walker (DEA agent), Juan Brock (DEA agent),[Diana Reyes(FBI agent,ex,new vamp)+Ryder Latimer (vamp)].
Cathy Beckett
So glad that Stasia finally found her mate. No offense meant but her angst was starting to remind me of Richard in the Anita Blake books.

Now maybe she can find her niche in the world. I really liked Alex. I want to see more of these characters in future books.

Maybe Pineiro needs to write a reunion book.
Jimmy
Jimmy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Megan Jackson
Megan Jackson marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tarynn Bundy
Tarynn Bundy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Forever Werewolf
  • Sentinels: Kodiak Chained (Sentinels #5)
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Wings in the Night #17.5)
  • Savage Redemption (Vampire #5)
  • A Wolf's Heart (Valorian Chronicles #6)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Incubus
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Claimed by a Vampire (The Claiming #2)
NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of nearly 50 novels/novellas and loves romance novels, super heroes, TV and cooking. Caridad writes dark and sexy romantic suspense and paranormal romances for those who live to love on the edge. Her sweet, but still naughty side, Ch ...more
More about Caridad Piñeiro...

The Calling (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1)
  • Danger Calls (The Calling, #2)
  • Temptation Calls (The Calling, #3)
  • Death Calls (The Calling #4)
  • Devotion Calls (The Calling #5)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • For Love or Vengeance (The Reborn, #1; The Calling, #9)
  • To Love and Serve (The Reborn, #2; The Calling, #10)
  • Born to Love (The Reborn, #3; The Calling, #11)
Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1) The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3) Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2) Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1) Blood Calls (The Calling #6)