Start by marking “Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)” as Want to Read:
Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)

Read Excerpt

Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)

Ale
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #148, 288 pages
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Kissed by a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissed by a Vampire

Harlequin Books

Caridad Piñeiro
Harlequin Nov. 1, 2013
288 pages
e-book, mass-market paperback, audiobook

Book provided for review by publisher or author via NetGalley.Com.
No remuneration was exchanged. All opinions herein are my own unless otherwise noted.

A vampire who has given up on love gets a second chance from a most unlikely mortal…
For two thousand years, vampire elder Stacia has roamed
Sandy S
Oct 14, 2012 Sandy S rated it really liked it
KISSED BY A VAMPIRE by Caridad Pineiro

BOOK BLURB: For two thousand years, vampire elder Stacia has roamed on her own, haunted by the betrayal that turned her into a creature of the night. Her nights looming empty and eternal, Stacia longs for love, but settles for quick bites and sinful pleasures in South Beach. Until she comes face-to-face with the unforgettable DEA agent she once brought back from the brink of death.

Alex Garcia knows that demons exist—the real kind, the kind that are kidnappin
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I was provided a courtesy copy of “Kissed by a Vampire” from the author in exchange for an honest review.
First, off, let me apologize, ahead of time since I wanted this review out sooner since I was provided an advance reading copy, but due to not being around any WiFi services I was not able to. =(
My Mom lives out in the country and does not have Internet and that is where I’m currently visiting, so I’m at Starbucks to make sure my review goes live today.
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

I LOVE The Calling series! It's easily one of my favorite vampire series out there. When I discovered it, I devoured every book that was out there in a 3 day span I think, and then... I waited. Hoping that Caridad would be putting out another book in the series soon. I finally got my wish!

I was fortunate enough to win a signed copy of this book and was ecstatic to say the least. I've waited a long time for Stacia to find the perf
Shell
Oct 24, 2012 Shell rated it really liked it
Kissed by a Vampire by Caridad Pineiro

Alex Garcia had opened his eyes to see a beautiful woman beside him and his ex being held in the arms of another man before succumbing to the haze of pain after being shot. The undercover agent had to have been hallucinating anyway because the woman, no matter that she was beyond beautiful, had the fangs of a vampire peeking out from her luscious lips as she leaned over his still body. She still visited him in his dreams and there was no way he could allow h
Stephanie Collins
Oct 27, 2012 Stephanie Collins rated it really liked it
Alex almost died doing his job as an undercover agent but a mystery woman saved him … or at least that is what he sort of remembers except the woman was not completely mortal… Oh wait that can't be right so he keeps that part to himself otherwise he wouldn't be able to go back undercover doing what he loves. Duty means everything to him even at the expense of a personal life. I loved his sense of honor and vulnerability with our heroine but underneath it all you know these two are just meant to ...more
Viviana Izzo
Oct 01, 2012 Viviana Izzo rated it really liked it
This and other reviews available at Viviana, Enchantress of Books

“Kissed by a Vampire” is set in the hot, steamy, sultry South Beach, Florida. I was actually born and raised in Miami and South Beach had different meaning during the different stages of my life. This book brought back fun memories of hanging out with friends, dancing at clubs and enjoying the night life. Though there were (and still are) interesting individuals that are part of the club scene, I don’t think they were vampires. T
Cinzia
Nov 01, 2012 Cinzia rated it really liked it
Ho scoperto da poco questa scrittrice e quando sono andata ad aprire la sua booklist la prima volta sono quasi svenuta, ha tantissime pubblicazioni al suo attivo e io avevo letto solo due short-novel prima di questo libro.
Kissed by a Vampire si può conservare autoconclusivo, anche se fa parte di una serie, ma grazie all'utilizzo di alcuni flashback, si vengono a conoscere i retroscena del primo incontro tra Stacia e Alex.
Al contrario dei libro che di solito leggo in questo caso lo vampiro e' Sta
Judy
Oct 24, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it
Kissed by a Vampire by Caridad Pineiro
The Calling/The Reborn Vampire Novel Series
Alex Garcia is a DEA undercover agent. After a job in New York gone wrong, he almost died there and it left him with odd nightmares of a beautiful woman who also had the face of a demon. Just as he gets the okay to go back to work in Miami, Dan McAnn, a former agent, calls to ask Alex to find his missing daughter, Andrea. What he didn’t expect was to see the woman from his dreams a while he searched for the missing
Krista
Apr 16, 2013 Krista rated it it was amazing
Kissed By A Vampire by Caridad Pineiro

5Stars

Sizzling, fast paced and grabs you right from the start. We meet the main characters in a most unpleasant situation were several things come to light and Stacia decides to give Alex the vampires kiss so he can live to see another day. Then we are wisked away from the bitter cold of Manhattan for the sultry heat of Miami where our heroes coincidentally run in to each other again. Then all kinds of thing happen, wonderful sexual tension, great emotional
Shirley
Oct 06, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it
Kissed by a Vampire was more than just a vampire romance. It was a battle between good and evil in both the supernatural and real world. A battle that turned into a real page turner.

I’ve been in a series rut lately. It was kind of nice reading a book that was an enjoyable read and the story was finished when I was done. Not that I am going to turn away from my love of series books, it was just a nice change of pace.

Alex was a career driven man, but not one who was out for money and power. His dr
Kimberly
Dec 24, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

The story is good. The connection of the characters is not. I have never read a book by Pineiro before and while most of the writing was good I was tired of her using the same words over and over. How many times does the vampire need to tell us she is an elder? While we apparently meet this characters in “Death Calls” the meeting is explained and does not matter if you have not read the first one (as I had not).

I really just did not feel a chemistry betwe
Vh
Nov 03, 2012 Vh rated it really liked it
A really interesting read. Vampire Stacia leads a tough lonely life but longs for love. She is not your typical herione. A survivor, she is also ruthless and determind. Life changes for her when she meets cop Alex, who is aware of the exixtance of vampires and demons. They met briefly in another book by this author when Stacia saved Alex's life after an attack and reunite when Alex decides to work undercover at a club that Stacia frequents. Thire romance has some heart rendering moments .

I'm not
Rosemary K
Nov 05, 2012 Rosemary K rated it it was amazing
To make full disclosure I did receive a copy of this book from the author. That said, I loved the book. The character of Stacia, who has appeared previously in other books in The Calling series,is a strong character that you can empathize with even though she is a vampire. Her search for true love seems futile. She has given up hope until she meets Alex Garcia. He is a dedicated DEA agent who is not afraid to confront her. Their lives have already crossed when Stacia saved him from death when he ...more
Trudy Powders
Oct 14, 2012 Trudy Powders rated it really liked it

Book Review:Kissed by a Vampire by author Caridad Pinero This is the very first book by this author I have ever read.I enjoyed the story and the characters.The story follows vampire elder Stacia,she is a vampire ancient and Alex is a DEA agent when they meet the first time Alex is in trouble and Stacia helps him.Years later they meet again and a relationship develops.Alex is working on a dangerous case involving human slavery and Stacia knowing what it is like to be enslaved helps.I dont want to
Cathy Beckett
Jun 18, 2013 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
So glad that Stasia finally found her mate. No offense meant but her angst was starting to remind me of Richard in the Anita Blake books.

Now maybe she can find her niche in the world. I really liked Alex. I want to see more of these characters in future books.

Maybe Pineiro needs to write a reunion book.
Marina
This is bet a 3 and 4 stars story. I do want to read more books in this series(Miniseries: The Calling).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self: Stacia (2,000yo vamp elder,pal)+Alex Garcia(DEA agent,ex),Samantha Walker (DEA agent), Juan Brock (DEA agent),[Diana Reyes(FBI agent,ex,new vamp)+Ryder Latimer (vamp)].
Tamra
Tamra rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Robin Priddy
Robin Priddy rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
patricia gibson
patricia gibson rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2017
Aura
Aura rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
S.L.
S.L. rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2013
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Katherine Rose
Katherine Rose rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Ginger
Ginger rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Kelley
Kelley rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Forever Werewolf
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Kodiak Chained (Sentinels #5)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Savage Redemption (Vampire #5)
  • A Wolf's Heart (Valorian Chronicles #6)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Wings in the Night #17.5)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Claimed by a Vampire (The Claiming #2)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Incubus
To stay in touch with the latest releases, contests and happenings with Caridad, sign up for her newsletter at http://bit.ly/2cbxlYw.

NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of over 50 novels/novellas and has sold over 1 million books worldwide. Caridad loves romance novels
More about Caridad Piñeiro...

The Calling (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1)
  • Danger Calls (The Calling, #2)
  • Temptation Calls (The Calling, #3)
  • Death Calls (The Calling #4)
  • Devotion Calls (The Calling #5)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • For Love or Vengeance (The Reborn, #1; The Calling, #9)
  • To Love and Serve (The Reborn, #2; The Calling, #10)
  • Born to Love (The Reborn, #3; The Calling, #11)