The Tucci Cookbook

The Tucci Cookbook

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  28 reviews
There is some truth to the old adage “Most of the world eats to live, but Italians live to eat.” What is it about a good Italian supper that feels like home, no matter where you’re from? Heaping plates of steaming pasta . . . crisp fresh vegetables . . . simple hearty soups . . . sumptuous stuffed meats . . . all punctuated with luscious, warm confections.

For acclaimed act...more
Published October 9th 2012 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Tucci Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tucci Cookbook

Noelle

This is an amazing & authentic Italian cookbook. I was so excited when I heard it was being released - and - by Stanley Tucci!! He's a favorite actor of mine. The book is packed with wonderful main courses, side dishes, appetizers, and we can't forget, desserts. It's nice when you see a cookbook that has "new" recipes, not just recycled ones or the usual, run-of-the-mill Italian dishes. The photos are gorgeous and Stanley Tucci has a little section in the beginning about his love for food &...more
Kathy
Actor Stanley Tucci is the author of this wonderful Italian cookbook. The first recipe is one of my favorite dishes to eat: bruschetta with tomato. The accompanying photo looks amazing and the recipe sounds delightful!

The book contains the following chapters:

Appetizers and Salads
Meat
Poultry
Fish and Shellfish
Desserts

At the beginning you will also find an introduction by chef Mario Batali, a history of Tucci's famil...more
Lisa
Nice Italian recipes. I doubt I would make most of it, and if I did, I couldn't help but think of Ceasar Flickerman's crazy blue hair making sauce.
Leigh  Kramer
Loved getting a glimpse of Tucci and his family. There are some great recipes here but very few that demanded to be cooked by me.
Victor Gentile
Stanley Tucci in his new book, “The Tucci Cookbook” published by Gallery Books teams with Gianni Scappin to give us recipes that blend both Northern and Southern Italy cuisine.

From the back cover: There is some truth to the old adage “Most of the world eats to live, but Italians live to eat.”

What is it about a good Italian supper that feels like home, no matter where you’re from? Heaping plates of steaming pasta . . . crisp fresh vegetables . . . simple hearty soups . . . sumptuous stuffed meats...more
Victoria Moore
I've always loved Italian food, but after reading Stanley Tucci's "The TUCCI Cookbook" I understood why. Inspired by his movie "Big Night" it included some of the dishes he created for the film and under the tutelage of chef Gianni Scappin. In addition to recipes and historical information contributed by his parents and other family members, Scappin was also one of the book's main contributors. Since wine is such an important accompaniment for Italian food, the book included a special section a...more
Darren
A behemoth of a book, delivering to lovers of Italian food over 200 recipes, details of dozens of wine pairings and a lot of commentary to boot by Italian-American author and actor Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada, The Terminal, etc).

This book is described as a love letter to his parents, to his Italian roots and to the entire Italian-American "experience", a combination of recipe book, history book and social commentary all wrapped up in a parcel like a piece of perfect pasta. Many books te...more
Samantha Marangell
This book speaks so well to the Italian-American experience, but also includes a hybrid of Northern, Southern, and family-contrived recipes. It is familiar while still being authentic, informative, and valuable. Tucci is inviting in his writing because his stories are relevant and warm. His appreciation for the food is so obvious in his writing, his choices, and his simplicity. I read this cookbook like a work of narrative nonfiction.

(The shortness of this review is not an indication of my lack...more
Suzanne
I made the best risotto of my life while reading this book. The pumpkin risotto. Do it.

If you are just sitting down to read it, it gets repetitive, and one more round of editing wouldn't hurt. In a way, though, this makes it function better as a cookbook. You can flip to the middle of it, see something you like, and it wouldn't matter if you hadn't read the 200 pages before - you have before you all the information you need to make a wonderful meal.

I was somewhat disappointed with the dessert se...more
Stephanie
Wonderful cookbook from the heart. Lots of simplicity makes the best recipes. Great recipes in this book! A must!
Trisha
First off, I love Stanley Tucci as an actor. I was skeptical about this cookbook but from the moment I opened it I was loving it. Great intro, stories, tips and the recipes look amazing. Easy to follow instructions and the ingredients are not too difficult to find. Great book and I'll enjoy cooking from it.
Michelle
I love cookbooks. I love Stanley Tucci. The only reason I gave this 4 out of 5 is I want more pictures. Part of the food experience is using one's eyes. While the pictures included are completely worthy of licking the page, I wanted to see more of the dishes. Otherwise, this would get a 5.
Vita
Stanley Tucci’s cookbook is chock full of wonderful family stories, gorgeous photographs, and easy Italian recipes. He provides a plethora of information on living, breathing, and cooking Italian. Read this and you will be arranging an Italian dinner party soon.

Monique
Great ideas and the stories of how the recipes came together was very touching. Part of the proceeds will go to a local NY food bank (love that idea). Some recipes have tons of steps and ingredients which were a bit much for a working mom.
Amanda Cordner
Beautiful book and I adore Stanley Tucci, but the recipes are too easy. Bruschetta, really? I feel bad but nothing in the book was a revelation. Proceeds go to charity, though, so hard to complain.
refgoddess
Stanley Tucci and Italian cooking. What more is there to say? Gorgeous pictures, good recipes, and some unusual options: who knew you could make a pasta sauce with lentils?
Maureen Flatley
Tucci may be a great actor and he is.....but he is also a fabulous cook and this will remain on our shelves for a long time to come. Excellent.
JDAZDesigns
The best reason to read this cookbook? The timpano alla big night. But then, you can find that online. Right. No great reason to read it.
Kara

An OK Italian Cooking 101. A good basic to read – but, given the layout, not the best to work with while actually cooking.
Lisa
Oct 03, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
pork tenderloin with fennel and rosemary... seared tuna with tomato and bread salad ... timpano (drum of pasta).
Holly
A bit of a letdown as I was expecting more from the Big Night guy but there are some good takeaway tidbits.
Barbara
Some good recipes and memories of living in an Italian American family. I certainly can relate.
OMG, Stanley Tucci! This is a gorgeous book of many family recipes. I'm ready to eat.
Jan
This book had some great recipes combined with interesting stories.
Trish
This is a good Italian cookbook, but I wish there were more pictures.
Patty
Dec 07, 2012 Patty marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Two of my favorite things--food, and Stanley Tucci!
Emily
I love Stanley Tucci and loved his book!
Courtney Stirrat
Courtney Stirrat marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Tucci Cookbook: Family, Friends and Food The Judge (Paul Madriani #4) The Tucci Table: Cooking With Family and Friends Big Night Four Last Songs