Start by marking “The Tucci Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Tucci Cookbook

The Tucci Cookbook

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  207 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
There is some truth to the old adage “Most of the world eats to live, but Italians live to eat.” What is it about a good Italian supper that feels like home, no matter where you’re from? Heaping plates of steaming pasta . . . crisp fresh vegetables . . . simple hearty soups . . . sumptuous stuffed meats . . . all punctuated with luscious, warm confections.

For acclaimed act
Published October 9th 2012 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Tucci Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tucci Cookbook

Noelle
Oct 19, 2012 Noelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks

This is an amazing & authentic Italian cookbook. I was so excited when I heard it was being released - and - by Stanley Tucci!! He's a favorite actor of mine. The book is packed with wonderful main courses, side dishes, appetizers, and we can't forget, desserts. It's nice when you see a cookbook that has "new" recipes, not just recycled ones or the usual, run-of-the-mill Italian dishes. The photos are gorgeous and Stanley Tucci has a little section in the beginning about his love for food &
Kathy
Jul 31, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actor Stanley Tucci is the author of this wonderful Italian cookbook. The first recipe is one of my favorite dishes to eat: bruschetta with tomato. The accompanying photo looks amazing and the recipe sounds delightful!

The book contains the following chapters:

Appetizers and Salads
Meat
Poultry
Fish and Shellfish
Desserts

At the beginning you will also find an introduction by chef Mario Batali, a history of Tucci's famil
Suzanne
I made the best risotto of my life while reading this book. The pumpkin risotto. Do it.

If you are just sitting down to read it, it gets repetitive, and one more round of editing wouldn't hurt. In a way, though, this makes it function better as a cookbook. You can flip to the middle of it, see something you like, and it wouldn't matter if you hadn't read the 200 pages before - you have before you all the information you need to make a wonderful meal.

I was somewhat disappointed with the dessert se
Lisa
Feb 16, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
Nice Italian recipes. I doubt I would make most of it, and if I did, I couldn't help but think of Ceasar Flickerman's crazy blue hair making sauce.
Leigh  Kramer
Loved getting a glimpse of Tucci and his family. There are some great recipes here but very few that demanded to be cooked by me.
Victor Gentile
Jan 22, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stanley Tucci in his new book, “The Tucci Cookbook” published by Gallery Books teams with Gianni Scappin to give us recipes that blend both Northern and Southern Italy cuisine.

From the back cover: There is some truth to the old adage “Most of the world eats to live, but Italians live to eat.”

Victoria Moore
Nov 16, 2013 Victoria Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved Italian food, but after reading Stanley Tucci's "The TUCCI Cookbook" I understood why. Inspired by his movie "Big Night" it included some of the dishes he created for the film and under the tutelage of chef Gianni Scappin. In addition to recipes and historical information contributed by his parents and other family members, Scappin was also one of the book's main contributors. Since wine is such an important accompaniment for Italian food, the book included a special section a ...more
Darren
Dec 04, 2012 Darren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A behemoth of a book, delivering to lovers of Italian food over 200 recipes, details of dozens of wine pairings and a lot of commentary to boot by Italian-American author and actor Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada, The Terminal, etc).

This book is described as a love letter to his parents, to his Italian roots and to the entire Italian-American "experience", a combination of recipe book, history book and social commentary all wrapped up in a parcel like a piece of perfect pasta. Many books te
Samantha Marangell
This book speaks so well to the Italian-American experience, but also includes a hybrid of Northern, Southern, and family-contrived recipes. It is familiar while still being authentic, informative, and valuable. Tucci is inviting in his writing because his stories are relevant and warm. His appreciation for the food is so obvious in his writing, his choices, and his simplicity. I read this cookbook like a work of narrative nonfiction.

(The shortness of this review is not an indication of my lack
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 Joan Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes paired with family stories and wonderful photos.
Caitlin Halpin
Jun 24, 2015 Caitlin Halpin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I was so excited when I opened this book last Christmas Day... I can't tell what excited me more the cookbook aspect, the STANLEY freaking TUCCI aspect, or the fact my parents were able to have it signed on a book tour of his!!! Now don't think this cookbook is only thriving off the star power, the recipes had me wanting to go the store and get cracking. Mostly Italian dishes, this European family themed cookbook is a must for any Tucci fan that's not afraid of spending some time in the kitchen.
Stephanie
Jan 25, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful cookbook from the heart. Lots of simplicity makes the best recipes. Great recipes in this book! A must!
Julie
Jun 29, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: italy-lust, cookery
A story for every recipe and great photos for most. Can't wait for peach season to try the peaches in red wine dessert!
Claire
Dec 29, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful cookbook. The pictures are inspiring and then there are the recipes!
I have a number of sauces marked to cook up- its winter so I will use canned tomatoes- but I will definitely be planting specific vegetables this spring just to try them in the recipes Stanley lays out.
Focaccia, salads, the lasagnes mmmm.
Trisha
Dec 16, 2012 Trisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, I love Stanley Tucci as an actor. I was skeptical about this cookbook but from the moment I opened it I was loving it. Great intro, stories, tips and the recipes look amazing. Easy to follow instructions and the ingredients are not too difficult to find. Great book and I'll enjoy cooking from it.
Michelle
May 04, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, food
I love cookbooks. I love Stanley Tucci. The only reason I gave this 4 out of 5 is I want more pictures. Part of the food experience is using one's eyes. While the pictures included are completely worthy of licking the page, I wanted to see more of the dishes. Otherwise, this would get a 5.
Vita
Apr 09, 2013 Vita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stanley Tucci’s cookbook is chock full of wonderful family stories, gorgeous photographs, and easy Italian recipes. He provides a plethora of information on living, breathing, and cooking Italian. Read this and you will be arranging an Italian dinner party soon.

Monique
Mar 09, 2013 Monique rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Great ideas and the stories of how the recipes came together was very touching. Part of the proceeds will go to a local NY food bank (love that idea). Some recipes have tons of steps and ingredients which were a bit much for a working mom.
Amanda Cordner
Beautiful book and I adore Stanley Tucci, but the recipes are too easy. Bruschetta, really? I feel bad but nothing in the book was a revelation. Proceeds go to charity, though, so hard to complain.
refgoddess
Apr 05, 2013 refgoddess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partly-read
Stanley Tucci and Italian cooking. What more is there to say? Gorgeous pictures, good recipes, and some unusual options: who knew you could make a pasta sauce with lentils?
Maureen Flatley
Dec 03, 2012 Maureen Flatley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tucci may be a great actor and he is.....but he is also a fabulous cook and this will remain on our shelves for a long time to come. Excellent.
JDAZDesigns
Jan 21, 2013 JDAZDesigns rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The best reason to read this cookbook? The timpano alla big night. But then, you can find that online. Right. No great reason to read it.
Kara
May 07, 2014 Kara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-and-drink

An OK Italian Cooking 101. A good basic to read – but, given the layout, not the best to work with while actually cooking.
Lisa
Oct 03, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
pork tenderloin with fennel and rosemary... seared tuna with tomato and bread salad ... timpano (drum of pasta).
Holly
Nov 03, 2013 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a letdown as I was expecting more from the Big Night guy but there are some good takeaway tidbits.
Barbara
Some good recipes and memories of living in an Italian American family. I certainly can relate.
Nov 05, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nutrition
OMG, Stanley Tucci! This is a gorgeous book of many family recipes. I'm ready to eat.
Kay
Jun 16, 2016 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes , wish can try the bread and pizza recipes and many others.
Jan
Dec 07, 2012 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had some great recipes combined with interesting stories.
Trish
Dec 09, 2012 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books, 2012
This is a good Italian cookbook, but I wish there were more pictures.
  • The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Italian: Recipes from the New and Old Worlds, Simplified for the American Kitchen
  • The Tuscan Sun Cookbook: Recipes from Our Italian Kitchen
  • The Mexican Slow Cooker: Recipes for Mole, Enchiladas, Carnitas, Chile Verde Pork, and More Favorites
  • My Year in Meals
  • Home Made Winter
  • Modern Sauces: Sauce-Making for Everyone
  • The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens
  • The French Slow Cooker
  • Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction
  • The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen
  • Cooking with Italian Grandmothers: Recipes and Stories from Tuscany to Sicily
  • Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth
  • The French Market: More Recipes from a French Kitchen