Start by marking “Crown of Destiny” as Want to Read:
Crown of Destiny

Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  490 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A hundred years have passed since the Faerie woman Lara last saved Hetar. Her youth and beauty remain as always. The waning years, however, have taken many of her friends and kin. And those who remember her heroism in times of peril are few.

All the while Lara's son, the charming but nefarious Twilight Lord Kolgrim, waits patiently for his moment. Kolgrim won't
Published October 16th 2012 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Destiny

The Lady Elizabeth by Alison WeirEnchanted by Alethea KontisAt the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard BarnhillCaradoc of the North Wind by Allan Frewin JonesQueen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop
Why don't we dress like that? (Part 1)
100th out of 113 books — 12 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandDie for Me by Amy PlumThe Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady CrossRumors by Anna GodbersenEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Red Dress, Red Coat
392nd out of 399 books — 498 voters

More lists with this book...

Renee
Maybe I've grown jaded....maybe, Bertie has grown repetitive..... meh. I think I'm done reading any of her new books, I will revisit the old ones, the ones that really drew me in.

Gah, I can't believe it took 6 books to get to the *destiny* that was talked about ad nauseum in the previous 5! The ending about killed me.
Jo
The conclusion of the World of Hetar series is definitely that. Final. It takes place 100 years after the last book (Book 5, The Shadow Queen) - all of the mortals are long dead and forgotten and only those with magic live on. Politics and intrigue, the main strengths of the series, with thinly veiled and nicely tweaked retellings of various chapters of world history is absent from this concluding tale. I kept thinking to myself contractual obligation? while reading of the impending fall of the ...more
Jennifer Rayment
The Good Stuff

* Her vivid storytelling is exceptional as always
* Wonderful descriptions of fashion, landscapes and food
* richly detailed
* My least favorite of the series, but at least it ended on a hopeful note, which I found missing in most of the book
* Scenes between Lord Kolgrim and Marzina
* Very naughty

The Not so Good Stuff

* Many of the characters are extremely unpleasant
* Very depressing at times - made me feel really old
* The amount of time passed from the previous book is very ja
Erin
I've read the whole series and have enjoyed them. This book kind of annoyed me, Lara has been a pillar of strength throughout the series and in this book she was whining a lot and as another reviewer put it, she seemed to have "lost hope". Also, I hated the ending.
Amanda
It's so hard to rate this book. It's well-written, but I felt like there were too many goodbyes and loose ends.
I love that Lara and Kaliq are finally together. Other than that, this is a pretty depressing book.
Lexus
Like many series, The World of Hetar has come to a end. I could possibly say this is my favorite series by Mrs. Small. I liked how this series ended, there are some things that I didn't like, but the series did play out to a wonderful conclusion. The full review for the series is here->Greyland Reviews.4 stars for the whole series.
Stefani Jarvis
Weak storyline. Terrible ending. I wished it ended as strong as it began.
Robin Higgins
I'm down to the last book. The 6th in the series. And I am glad that I waited until the whole series was out. The characters are reoccurring in the books though some times prominently in and not the next. I liked the characters and plot. And I am a bit sad that the story is ending, but glad that I was able to read it in sweep! It's more fantasy than some of her works, but I liked it just the same. I finally finished the book late last night and it did complete the series. I won't spoil the endin ...more
Jaimie
Book ended all the questions for me but there wasn't the adventure and exciting parts normally in a Beatrice book.
Rhonda
A great end to the story of Lara. It also had some great messages about life. Although this the was last book of the World of Hetar, I hope Bertrice Small does write Marzina's story. I a really curious to see what happens to her and to see if and how she beats her brother Kolgrim.
Norma
This is the last of the Hetar Series :-( I love a good series and unlike some of the others of late, Beatrice weaves a new distinctive plot for each book. Although I sometimes find that her books have a lot of repetition ie. detailed descriptions of food., I love her work!
April Hawkins
This book accomplished its task, which was to entertain me. I was definitely entertained. I hadn't read the previous 5 books and that threw me off. I had a hard time keeping the lineage straight. who's who and how their related got me all confused.
Dawn ♥ romance
This book had lots of erotic scenes but no new love story. Having read all the other books in the series, it kept my interest but wasn't fulfilling. Lara & Kaliq fight against the evil of her son Kolgrim.
Tmonique Stephens
The last book in the Hetar series, it is very good. The love scenes are awesome and the world realistic.
I like it.
Liz Brown
This book is the end of the series, it's sad and it will keep u riveted with the story line.
Amy
Loved this book, but very sad that this is the last book in the World of Hetar series!
Karen Hatch
Whew, finally finished this book. Not near as good as the other Hetar books.
Kathi Jo Horner
She left some things open. I hope this is not the last in this series.
Barbi Faye
Nov 16, 2013 Barbi Faye rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy and romance reraders
I LOVE this series! The heroine is one strong woman, I like it!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The World of Hetar
Category: Fantasy
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Vi
Vi marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Amanda Cross
Amanda Cross marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Oct 12, 2014
  • The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength (Kailmeyra, #2)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
  • Talon of the Unnamed Goddess
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • Redeeming the Lost (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #3)
  • Sword of Flame (Artefacts of Power, #3)
  • Truthseeker (Worldwalker Duology, #1)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • Shades of the Past (The Morcyth Saga, #6)
  • Alliance (Alliance #1)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Spur of the Moment
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)