Start by marking “A Tale for Easter: with audio recording” as Want to Read:
A Tale for Easter: with audio recording

A Tale for Easter: with audio recording

In springtime you can ride a fawn past splashing ducklings and leaping lambs in your dreams, and wake to an Easter Sunday filled with holiday treasures.

Witness the beauty of spring in Tasha Tudor’s exquisite watercolor illustrations with this eBook with audio.
Published June 26th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1969)

To ask other readers questions about A Tale for Easter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale for Easter

Jill
Dec 23, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How people observe Easter in other faiths and eras intrigues me. This simple book of Easter celebration and countdown is beautiful. A little girl is shown preparing for Easter as the author acknowledges a child will not know when Easter is near until the hot cross buns on good Friday appear. The girl goes out to talk with her chickens about laying many eggs for the celebration on Sunday and waking to colored eggs in her shoe or perhaps a bonnet.

This is a holiday celebration I can support, much m
Kathryn
This is definitely old-fashioned ("you may find a basket of ducklings beside your porridge on Easter morning") but that's part of the charm. The storytelling is just so-so, though a few phrases are lovely like "finding the stardust on the daffodils with your eyes closed" or the idea of dreaming of a beautiful fawn that will carry you to meet all sorts of darling Easter-time animals like ducklings and bunnies. The illustrations, however, are classic Tasha Tudor and I adore them.
Literary Mama
From "Essential Reading: Seasons" by Literary Mama staff:

When I think of seasons, I think instantly of Tasha Tudor, who rendered them so beautifully in her books—and who, during my sodden Northwest childhood, gave me an idea of what summer and winter could be like for people who didn't live on the edge of a temperate rain forest. Now that I live in New England, it has been a special pleasure to revisit Tudor's oeuvre with my boys as we go Around the Year. For our family, it's not summer without
Trisha Hope
A Tale For Easter is a story about good little boys and girls getting all their presents for Easter. It combines both the meaning and story line about Christmas with Easter, creating a new intricate story line.
The art work is beautifully illustrated and kept simple yet illagent.
Alison Stewart
The illustrations in this book are very sweet, but the story is old fashioned so my kids didn't relate at all and were rather bored by it.
Margaret Chind
Oct 23, 2013 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Memoria Press Kindergarten
I love these books from Tasha Tudor, they make me think of childhood. On my wishlist, wondering what the difference will be with the 2013 rerelease edition.
Aurielle
Aurielle rated it liked it
May 02, 2012
Emily
Apr 15, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very old fashioned but I loved it.
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Sharon Maier
Sharon Maier rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Groovy
Aug 18, 2008 Groovy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhhh, so sweet.
C.M
C.M rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Katie Casey
Katie Casey rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Jane Maritz
Jane Maritz rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2009
Alice M Peiler
Alice M Peiler rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2011
Ceci
Ceci rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2010
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2009
Suzi
Suzi rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Gwenm
Gwenm rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
nanette
nanette rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Cheryl Cremeens
Cheryl Cremeens rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Po
Po rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tasha Tudor was an American illustrator and author of children's books.
More about Tasha Tudor...