Extraordinary Everyday Photography: Awaken Your Vision to Create Stunning Images Wherever You Are

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Photographers are born travelers. They’ll go any distance to capture the right light, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and people. But exotic locales aren’t necessary for interesting photographs. Wonderful images are hiding almost everywhere; you just need to know how to find them.

Extraordinary Everyday Photography
wi...more
Published August 21st 2012 by Amphoto Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Extraordinary Everyday Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extraordinary Everyday Photography

Steve
OK, it's a bit unusual to review a how-to type book in this community, but I thought that what the authors did was, dare I say, "extraordinary" (yup, nice title pun there) so it merited a review. I thought this book succeeded independently on three levels: (1) this is as attractive as any coffee table book you're going to find and - unlike most coffee table books, with homogeneous topics, this one contains something for everyone - it's visually stunning and impressive in range, and - by design -...more
Crown Publishing Group
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Extraordinary Everyday Photography will help you search beyond the surface to find the unexpected wherever you are, be it a downtown street, a local park, or your...more
Jonah
A great book about creative photography based on the author/s experiences.
I personally like the featured creative photos on this book.
Luv
The ideas are not new. Read them in other photography books. The writing style is conversational, easy to understand. The book is targeted at newbies. The photos are not as impressive as other photography books I've read. May be it's the photography style of the authors that don't sit well with me. I don't like to see photographs of people showing only certain body parts without the face. eg. only hands and legs.
Vanessa
Short and sweet. I like it that it doesn't dwell on the technical aspects because that would've put me to sleep real soon, instead it focuses on composition, vision, and emotion. It offers technical guidance when appropriate too, which is great. But mainly it's a good source of inspiration for new perspectives. The pretty photos help illustrate each point the authors are making and help them stick.
Ana
Brenda Tharp and Jed Manwaring have written an easy to follow and beautifully illustrated how-to on photographing the world around us. You don't need to go on vacation to make photos. They are both fine photographers.
Jennifer Whitehurst
Great book about finding interesting subject matter, inspiration & most important opening your eyes to the everyday moments that people tend to overlook to achieve great images.

Julie Warren
This was OK, but nothing really groundbreaking for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting. That said, it is a good book to skim through.
Rebecca
A book you finish, and then start over again to make sure you have the information so you can give the ideas a try.
Josh
Some pretty pictures and great ideas. See especially page 42.
Colin Keeley
some nice ideas but nothing groundbreaking.
Tal179
Tal179 added it
Aug 10, 2014
Paula Umlauf
Paula Umlauf is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Lois
Lois is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Debbie
Debbie is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Robert
Robert added it
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography, Revised Edition