Start by marking “Extraordinary Everyday Photography: Awaken Your Vision to Create Stunning Images Wherever You Are” as Want to Read:

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Photographers are born travelers. They’ll go any distance to capture the right light, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and people. But exotic locales aren’t necessary for interesting photographs. Wonderful images are hiding almost everywhere; you just need to know how to find them.

Extraordinary Everyday Photography
wi
Published August 21st 2012 by Amphoto Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Extraordinary Everyday Photography, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extraordinary Everyday Photography

Steve
OK, it's a bit unusual to review a how-to type book in this community, but I thought that what the authors did was, dare I say, "extraordinary" (yup, nice title pun there) so it merited a review. I thought this book succeeded independently on three levels: (1) this is as attractive as any coffee table book you're going to find and - unlike most coffee table books, with homogeneous topics, this one contains something for everyone - it's visually stunning and impressive in range, and - by design - ...more
Crown Publishing Group
Get inspired to discover the beautiful images around you

Extraordinary Everyday Photography will help you search beyond the surface to find the unexpected wherever you are, be it a downtown street, a local park, or your
Kat
Sep 26, 2014 Kat rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: photography
Nothing special at all. Okay to skim through but not worth purchasing. The photos are not spectacular and some are even ridiculous in their subject matter.
Jonah
A great book about creative photography based on the author/s experiences.
I personally like the featured creative photos on this book.
Zach Ellerbrook
This is actually a good book for beginners. In fact, I'd rather see beginners read this book and use their point-and-shoot before reading books about the exposure triangle and the rule of thirds. For me, the most benefit that I got out of the book is that I was reminded that I know about getting creative enough, and I need to get out and shoot. Go away, winter!
Luv
The ideas are not new. Read them in other photography books. The writing style is conversational, easy to understand. The book is targeted at newbies. The photos are not as impressive as other photography books I've read. May be it's the photography style of the authors that don't sit well with me. I don't like to see photographs of people showing only certain body parts without the face. eg. only hands and legs.
Vanessa
Short and sweet. I like it that it doesn't dwell on the technical aspects because that would've put me to sleep real soon, instead it focuses on composition, vision, and emotion. It offers technical guidance when appropriate too, which is great. But mainly it's a good source of inspiration for new perspectives. The pretty photos help illustrate each point the authors are making and help them stick.
Ana Manwaring
Brenda Tharp and Jed Manwaring have written an easy to follow and beautifully illustrated how-to on photographing the world around us. You don't need to go on vacation to make photos. They are both fine photographers.
Jennifer Whitehurst
Great book about finding interesting subject matter, inspiration & most important opening your eyes to the everyday moments that people tend to overlook to achieve great images.

Julie Warren
This was OK, but nothing really groundbreaking for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting. That said, it is a good book to skim through.
Rebecca
A book you finish, and then start over again to make sure you have the information so you can give the ideas a try.
Josh
Some pretty pictures and great ideas. See especially page 42.
Colin Keeley
some nice ideas but nothing groundbreaking.
Etmom
Etmom marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Gene Bowker
Gene Bowker marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Peter Wu
Peter Wu is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2015
Yi He
Yi He is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Teresa Vaughn
Teresa Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs (Voices That Matter)
  • The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos
  • Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
  • Understanding Close-Up Photography: Creative Close Encounters with Or Without a Macro Lens
  • The Luminous Portrait: Capture the Beauty of Natural Light for Glowing, Flattering Photographs
  • Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques
  • The Passionate Photographer: Ten Steps Toward Becoming Great
  • Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling
  • Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop
  • Plastic Cameras: Toying with Creativity
Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography, Revised Edition

“When we separate our artistic activity from daily life, we cut ourselves off from our most valuable creative resource. However, if we live life as an art form in itself, we have available to us all that we experience and see.” 0 likes