Start by marking “Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)

Release Me (Stark Trilogy #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  47,819 ratings  ·  2,357 reviews

He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.

Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Release Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release Me

Dd

Do you know what passion is?

Most people think it only means desire.

Arousal.

Wild abandon.

But that's not all....

The word derives from the Latin.

It means suffering.

Submission.

Pain and pleasure,Nikki.

PASSION.

--------------------------------------------------------

'I want to lose myself in his kiss.I want to let the fire that's spreading over my body grow.Maybe it will consume me.Maybe,like a phoenix,I will rise again after being incinerated by Damien Stark's touch.'

Because only his passion could s...more
Debra
So, there's a new sexy billionaire in town,

And his name is,

Damien Stark...

"He's tall and so handsome that the word is almost an insult. He is Jason and Hercules and Perseus - a figure so strong and beautiful and heroic that the blood of the gods must flow through him, because how else could a being so fine exist in this world?"

- Okay, enough with the cheesy descriptions; let's just say he's a former well trained, athletic tennis player who now owns an entire empire of several businesses (incl...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*
"He’s like an iceberg, Texas. The deep parts are well hidden and what you do see is hard and a little bit cold."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What to say about this book... Read this quote, you'll know enough :D

His mouth is at my ear, his voice so carnal, so full of lust, it makes my clit throb. “I’m going to f*ck you, Nikki. Pleasure? We’re going to blow the roof off pleasure. I’m going to make you beg for it. I’m going to claim you. I’m going to tease you. I’m going to torment you. And you’re going to come for me lik
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
'You’re mine,' he says.

'I know,' I reply, and I mean it completely.

This is another one of those books that will inevitably be compared to Fifty Shades and the Crossfire books which is really going to deter as many readers as it attracts but, in my opinion at least, this is a really good one, even if it is very similar. If you like a darkly brooding, domineering hero, a feisty yet troubled heroine and a kinky, sexy romance, you’re going to want to check this one out. This is deeply sensual and t...more
♡Karlyn P♡

DNF. I made it 25% in, but nothing about this story was grabbing me.

It is clearly trying to be a knock-off of the Fifty Shades and Crossfire series, and it was NOT working for me.

Damian is a bazillionaire hottie with an obsession for the sexy 24 y/o Texas college graduate Nikki; an obsession that apparently goes back many years. They only met briefly once 6 years ago, then again at a swanky party in LA California. They immediately start circling and sniffing each other like dogs in heat, spewi...more
Lisa

He is Jason and Hercules and Perseus – a figure so strong and beautiful and heroic that the blood of the gods must flow through him, because how else could a being so fine exist in this world? His face consists of hard lines and angles that seem sculpted by light and shadows, making him appear both classically gorgeous and undeniably unique. His dark hair absorbs the light as completely as a raven’s wing, but it is not nearly as smooth. Instead it looks wind-tossed, as if he spent the day at se...more
Angie's Dreamy Reads
THIS REVIEW WAS POSTED AT ANGIE'S DREAMY READS

**WARNING THIS REVIEW CONTAINS TONS OF SWOONTASTIC SWOONING!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ;) **

5 SCORCHING DAMIEN STARK STARS

Calling all Fifty Shades Of Grey fans!!! This.Is.It. YESSSSSSSSSSS...You heard me!!!! A series that’s similar to Fifty but NOT an exact replica. Hallefreakinlujah! This is the book I have been seeking out since I first read the Fifty series. I didn't want to read something exactly the same but craved something alike. This book has...more
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4.5+ Passionate Star-k-s

Passion: any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate, amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor, strong sexual desire; lust.

“Do you know what passion is?” I blink, confused. “Most people think it only means desire. Arousal. Wild abandon. But that’s not all. The word derives from the Latin. It means suffering. Submission. Pain and pleasure, Nikki. Passion.”

description

A fascinating story about smoldering attraction, skeletons in the closet, painful memories, toxic real...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo KennerReleaseme1TitlebySueBee_zps0a911e4b.jpg
 photo spanking3bysb_zpsafcdbbd1.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Stark Trilogy, book 1 (3.5). A debut by J. Kenner. The coming-together of two lost souls as multi-billionaire & kinky lover Damien Stark sets out on a relentless seduction of Southern belle Nikki Fairchild!

“Because I can. Because I want you. Because I don’t want to court my way up to our first fuck. And because I don’t want to play games.”

The Stark Trilogy is the whirlwind romance between former youth tennis-pro and self-made multi-billionaire Damien Stark and recent College...more
Christy
“Possess. Have. Hold. Enjoy. Control. Dominate. Pick your verb Ms Fairchild. I intend to explore so very many of them.”

4.5 Steamy Stars!

Meet Damien Stark
Photobucket
“He’s ... intense.” Hot. Sexy. Surprising. Disturbing.

and Nikki Fairchild
n

Nikki is fresh out of collage and ready for a clean slate. She moves from Texas to LA to live with her best friend, Jamie. New city. New job. New start.
She is at a party looking to hook a potential investor for her boss. Damien Stark is that potential investor.
Damie...more
Isabella Francesca
BOYS AND GIRLS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL TO MEET THE MAN OF THE HOUR - MR. DAMIEN STARK:

He’s tall and so handsome that the word is almost an insult. But it’s more than that. It’s not his looks, it’s his presence. He is Jason and Hercules and Perseus—a figure so strong and beautiful and heroic that the blood of the gods must flow through him, because how else could a being so fine exist in this world? His face consists of hard lines and angles that seem sculpted by light and sh
Jill

Nikki Fairchild meets Damien Stark at the opening of an art show. Damien is a former tennis star turned entrepreneur. Their attraction is instantaneous.

Not mentioned in the blurb. So, (view spoiler)

Overall, it's not a bad read. Although there's nothing really new. Uber wealthy, uber handsome Dom meets scarred Sub who never...more
Lise *friends don't flag*
"For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms." Blah… blah… blah…. So tired of the comparison to FSoG and BtY as the hook to entice readers to pick up a book. I do get it, just sick of it. Like this book is going to win an award for THE NEXT IT BOOK!
description

Okay, so I requested an ARC of this book and was thrilled that my request was granted… I of course have...more
AH
Here we go again. Another romance book about a gorgeous billionaire businessman (who knew that there were so many of them?) and his lady love. Meet Damien Stark, a former tennis star and now rich entrepreneur. Damien is handsome, beautiful, magnificent – insert adjectives here. In fact, he is so stunning that the first third of the book is dedicated to waxing poetic about Damien’s good looks. I get it! He’s rich and powerful and gorgeous. Can we get on with the story, please?

I did like Damien’s...more
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
Oh god what can I say about Damien???He is many things; sexy, smart, confident and irresistible. He is one man that can get whatever he wants, whether charming his way there or using the many resources he has at his disposal. Few can resist him and now he's spotted the perfect woman and is determined to have her!!!I like him from the first time I saw him..
I love Damien and Nikki together. She softens the hard edges of his heart just enough for you to really feel the depth of his feelings for her...more
"That's All" Ash
[image error]

It was mediocre.

And I HATE that.

Let's talk about BDSM for a second, okay? BDSM isn't a mediocre thing. It's pretty intense. Right? I mean, the entire "Fifty Shades of Grey"; "Up in the Air"; "Crossfire" series were INTENSE.

As they should be!

But then you have the "Stark Trilogy".

And it's half-assed. (Excuse the lingo!) But that's what it was.

I didn't love or hate the characters.
I didn't love or hate the story.
I didn't love or hate the dialogue.
I didn't love or hate the writing.

An...more
Lucia
My Nikki and Damien:

"Damien Stark is just one of those dark, quiet types. He’s like an iceberg, Texas. The deep parts are well hidden and what you do see is hard and a little bit cold.”

Damien Stark is rich, famous, good-looking, successful and full of secrets. He is also a little bit rude, straightforward, unbelievably charismatic and always gets what he wants. Only thing he misses in his life is honesty from people around him. They always tell him what he wants to hear, not what they really th...more
Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾

Well what can I tell you about my thoughts on this book...

seems to be an adequate description.

I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. To be honest, I'm having a hard time remembering anything about it and I just finished reading it.

I never really connected with the story, or the characters. I suppose you can say it was a case of 'been th...more
Holly
5 smutastic stars!

Yes. This is another story about an impossibly gorgeous bazillionare who becomes obsessed with a mysterious & more than slightly broken young woman. Yes. There are countless books out there focusing on the same or a similar theme. What makes this one different? What makes this one stand out among the countless other books attempting to jump on the Fifty Shades of Grey & Bared to You bandwagon? It's very simple. The writing.

J Kenner is a good author. I mean, really good....more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
4.5 stars. This book was hot!! I loved it. Although it reminded me of FSOG it was still an awesome read. One I would recommend to all readers.
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Oh thank God! I really didn't think I had it in me to read another erotic romance revolving around a heroine who is a meek and virginal little twit!

Luckily for me this author has managed to stay away from that over played stereo type! But I have to admit I almost didn't read this book purely based on the fact that the back cover says that it is aimed at fans of FSOG and Bared to You.

Don't get me wrong I liked both books (Bared to You more then Fifty Shades) but I am so sick of all the copy cat...more
Paula

Nikki Fairchild has just moved to California to start a new life. She recently graduated from graduate school and is trying to get her foot in the door for her business ventures. But, in order to get started, she decides to take a job as an assistant for experience and to learn the business side, so she is successful when she does decide to go off on her own.

On her first ass...more
Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda
Another billionare who owns everything seducing the chica. Will I ever get tired of reading this "50" genre. Nope. I'm a sucka. But this tale is a different tale.

Nikki Fairchild and Damien Stark are kindred spirits in their youths. They both did what their parents wanted them to do. Damien being a professional tennis player and Nikki in beauty pagents. They met at one of the pagents that Nikki was in while he was a guest judge. They had a moment.

Six years later they meet again. She's working for...more
Holly
There are a lot of books out there now being marketed as ‘if you liked Fifty Shades you’ll love….blah, blah, blah’ and a lot of them with the same premise are very good, some not so much. Release Me however is IMO a hit!

I try really hard not to compare books as I read them to others since I believe every story is its own and deserves a shot. So I ask that you look past the similarities and give Damien and Nikki their shot.

Damien Stark is a smokin’ hot ex tennis pro turned billionaire entreprene...more
Lisa Jayne
I feel I'm in a minority with this book, I didn't quite love it but I most certainly didn't loathe it, I felt somewhat ok ish about it and dare I say sometimes a little bored! :-/ I found some of the book to be slow paced, yet at times it was an exciting page turner.

Good bits for me - great start to the book, plenty of tension and great characters. I really love the way the author creates characters that are not all the way perfect but instead she deals with some touching life experiences that w...more
Fathima
“You’re mine, Nikki. To touch. To soothe. To pleasure.” He tenderly cups my sex. I’m slick and hot and he groans with desire. “I want you, Nikki. I want to bury myself in you and fuck you hard. I want to hear you scream when you come. Tell me you want it, too.”

Photobucket

oh ... ummm ... I'm sorry . I guess I got a little carried away there ......

I swear it was hot here when I was reading this book ... I mean , I could literally hear Snoopy say

Photobucket

Da hell ??!! This AC isn't working again or what .....

I...more
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
ARC provided by Netgalley

I will start with my favorite Quote of the book (and there were many!):
We're all hiding behind our masks, strutting our stuff, pretending to be perfectly perfect.

Now... Hello fabulous new book boyfriend whose secrets I need to know!!!

Photobucket

Mr Damien Stark - a messed up, ex-tennis player and self-made billionaire control freak... As stated before my favorite kind. Dark, dangerous, erotic and full of secrets. (PS took me a whole to stop picturing him as Iron Man every ti...more
Jill
3.5 Stars
Hmmm I don't like lumping all these new books that are coming out and are "vogue" at the moment together. But if you are thinking this sounds a bit fifty shades or Bared to you like then you would be right. There are many similar themes in this book to the others. However, that does not make this not a worthwhile book to read, doesn't mean these characters don't deserve a chance.

I was absolutely zooming through this book to begin with a loving every moment. Although suffering from an aw...more
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
"Pleasure? We're going to blow the roof off pleasure. I'm going to make you beg for it. I'm gong to claim you. I'm going to tease you. I'm going to torment you. And you're going to come for me like you've never come in your life."

Meet Nikki;

[image error]

a former pageant queen, starting a new life in California. Her new boss has given her the directive to woo a successful business player.

Meet Damien Stark;

photo image_zps641472d6.jpg

said successful business man and former tennis pro.

Put them together and what do you ge...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Zzzzzzzzz…. Zzzzzzzzz…. Snooze alert!

I’m sorry; I just could not get into this book. At about 50% in, I was still waiting for something exciting to happen and had to force myself to hurry up and finish it. I thought it was lacking in emotional depth, resulting in a failure to really connect as a reader with the characters. Everything seemed so superficial and contrived to me – I didn’t feel as if they were actually communicating AT ALL and that was one of the main reasons the story just didn’t...more
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • The Submissive (The Submissive Trilogy, # 1)
  • Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • The Stranger (Just One Night, #1)
  • The Berkeley Method (Spotlight, #2)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • Fueled (The Driven Trilogy, #2)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Knight's Mistress (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Secrets After Dark (After Dark, #2)
  • Lockout (The Alpha Group, #2)
J. Kenner spent more than ten years as a litigator in Southern California and Central Texas, using her rare free time to indulge her passion for writing. California born, she now lives—and writes—in Texas, with her husband and daughters.
More about J. Kenner...
Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2) Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3) Take Me (Stark Trilogy, #3.5) Wanted (Most Wanted, #1) Heated (Most Wanted, #2)

“Possess. Have. Hold. Enjoy. Control. Dominate. Pick your verb, Ms. Fairchild. I intend to explore so very many of them.” 100 likes
“Everyone breaks a little sometimes. That doesn't make you weak. It makes you wounded. And I will always be there to help you heal” 49 likes