Start by marking “The Body Sculpting Bible for Women, Third Edition: The Way to Physical Perfection” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  30 reviews
NEW EDITION FEATURING THE 14-DAY BODY SCULPTING WORKOUT AND MORE!

It's body sculpting at its best--the best exercises and the best training schedule out there, anywhere. Also includes a complete nutrition guide and diet plan for maximum results.

The Body Sculpting Bible for Women, Third Edition is now bigger and better than ever! Now with updated and revised material, it co
Published August 28th 2012 by Hatherleigh Press (first published December 14th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Body Sculpting Bible for Women, Third Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body Sculpting Bible for Women, Third Edition

JoJo
this book is definitely MY WORKOUT BIBLE. i take it to the gym every day. its seriously the best workout book i've ever had, and i just bought the revised edition because i had worn my first edition out when i bought it a few years ago. but after 5 or 6 years, its still my go-to book on fitness.

why is it so cool? well for starters, you have pictures and explanations of so many different kinds of workouts for different muscle groups, and its one of the only books i found for women that is geared
Al
If it wasn't for the list of exercises in the back of this book, I'd give it zero stars. The writing is awful (it reads like an infomercial), the book is boring, and the information is unhelpful at best. Also, can a WOMAN please write a lifting book for women? Sexist, sexist, sexist in its attitude toward fitness and body image. I'll hang on to it for the section on lifts (although that information is so easily available online--and doesn't involve photos of women in weird 80s-era spandex), but ...more
Noelle
Initially, I borrowed this book from my sister. She found out about it after talking to a friend who had dropped 40 lbs and is buff! The nice thing is that this is NOT a quick fix. It takes commitment an work. It is done with a balance of good nutrition, weight lifting, ab exercise and cardio. It's realistic. The best part for me so far is the excellent pictures and information on the weight exercises. SO many people do there weight lifting completely wrong. This addresses this and give great in ...more
Jessica
This is my go-to book for when I am in that I-will-work-out-2-hours-every-day-and-look-like-Angela-Basset zone.

Obviously, if you follow this book, you will look slamming hot (or over-trained, depending on your sensibilities). The exercizes are back-to-basics, no-frills, straight forward bicep curl types. And that's really all you need sometimes.
Mihaela
I took this book out of the library and started working out from it. I then bought it because I could see the results! I am now easing my way into the advanced fitness program and following the nutrition plan. It is not for the weak of heart but I wnat to see what I can achieve if I comit to it!
amanda
I've used this book for years and it is absolutely the most useful guide I've ever found to guide my strength training.
Farhana Faruq
What a great book! Only disappointed I didn't pick it up sooner.

I've been training for a while, but decided to try out this routine because I needed a change, I've never actually done a full body workout (Flex magazine was my teacher in my young days...*sigh*), and they incorporate compound movements so I knew the program would be effective. That said, I LOVE the results I'm getting doing this routine.

My diet is already clean - and pretty much follows the one written. Anyone serious about gettin
Elisa Bieg
When I found this book, I had been dieting and working out for 3 years, yet I had trouble figuring out if I was doing things right, and especially, I could never get the results I wanted, even though I kept my goals real. Modern dieting philosophies, with their fads and contraddicting theories, got me into yo-yo dieting, which led me to a poor body image, a poor energy level and a physique I was pretty unhappy of.

Luckily I found this book. Though the workout part of it will probably not be anyt
Pattie
Apr 13, 2008 Pattie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women starting weight training
A deeply flawed book, but a great resource to purchase and bring to the gym with you if you're starting to lift weights, and want a systematic approach to doing so. The writing itself is at best unsophisticated, the diet is draconian, but the lifting program is perfect. Starts you slow, and then moves you onward, changing your workout regularly. Combine this with some Pilates work for your core, and you've got a workout program that is easy to follow and really will change your body for the bett ...more
Leonore Lee
Excellent for beginners and as a guide to a wide range of exercises. Too many women are afraid to hit the gym, either from fear or misinformation. This book makes strength training very approachable.
Lisa (Harmonybites)
I have had a weight problem since my early teens and yo-yoed through diets for the next two decades and more on lots of fad diets and little exercise. My best results came when I tried Body for Life and joined the gym--and not just dieted. Body for Life though emphasizes free weights--and I found I preferred using the weight machines at the gym. This does offer routines that use only dumbells rather than gym equipment, but I found it particularly useful in the thoroughness with which it explains ...more
Crystal Cobb
This is my go to program when I've let myself slip for a little while. Very easy read, great for a newbie or someone who has been lifting a long time.
Amy Sjoquist
Good. Something to get if i really want to get serious.
Barbara Andrews
This book not only tells but shows you the exercises to do to tone and shape up specific areas of your body. I like this because you can focus your workouts on the areas you need and not as much on the ones you don't so your makeing the best use of your time. It gives you workout plans to follow based on your activity level and what I love the most even has instruction for kids. This is a great book I love it. I think it should be a staple in every house. They have one for men too but I haven't ...more
Kim Burly
we'll see how much I like it in a few months. It made sense, and all of the exercises were clearly written out so recovering slugs like myself can jump in a try them without a personal trainer and gym membership. All phases of the workout are actually written in two types- a home set up with basic dumbbells and another one for those with access to a well equipped gym.

I'm stoked and did my first "break-in workout" today, so lets hope I stick with it and see some results!
Nomy
Jan 30, 2010 Nomy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: own
i think ppl are confused on the purpose of this book, its geared more towards ppl who already workout and are in decent shape and want to take it to the next level. the nutrition is for them, not for ur average jane. the workouts however are fantastic! if u know nothing, this is the perfect book to get. the language is simple to read and lots of pictures.
Chrissy
similar concepts to what I'm doing in Max 10. hate to admit how long i've had this on my bookshelf w/out actually trying it out. guess i had to pay $300 to be FORCED into it to truely see the benefits. Here's hoping to get back in a size 10 jean...
Substance31
I read this book when I was in my early twenties and I am still--to this day--using the information I obtained to form my every day workout. I have learned how to properly lift, rest, and refuel. Thank you, James and Hugo for such an incredible book!
Kendra
Recommended by a personal trainer at my gym. A lot of very good information about what to do at the gym. Includes several levels of workout plans.

Also includes a diet plan that there is no way I will ever follow. Ever.
Kim Sellers
I bought this book 10 years ago, helped me then for sure! Just re-purchased a new edition and I am pumped about making big changes in the new year!
Joy
my ass is currently on its way to better shape thanks to this book. great workout charts..wish there was more info on nutrition and stretches.
Roxy
Great guide for a beginner but serves no purpose for someone of the intermediate and advanced level.
Debbie
Great book with good advice for building muscle, losing fat, making wise food and meal choices, visuals
Kara
I love to reference this book before I head out to the gym. Gives me new lifting exercises to try out!
Brenda Christiansen
Great descriptions of exercises with helpful photos. A great reference guide for the gym.
Michelle
Don't buy this as an ebook. You will want the hard copy, and it will be worth the investment.
Teena in Toronto
Great weight training workouts (different one for three days a week) using free weights.
Kristen McKay
Awesome book if you love to work out! One of my Favorites!
Jen
I ripped the cover off of this to take it to the gym.
Rachel
This is my brother-in-law's book. Excellent resource.
  • Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You
  • Women's Strength Training Anatomy
  • Mariel Hemingway's Healthy Living from the Inside Out: Every Woman's Guide to Real Beauty, Renewed Energy, and a Radiant Life
  • The Skinny: How to Fit into Your Little Black Dress Forever
  • The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes
  • The Cyclist's Training Bible
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: A Memoir of Finding Faith, Hope, and Happily Ever After
  • Body For Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength
  • The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier YOU!
  • Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body
  • Every Woman's Guide to Cycling: Everything You Need to Know, From Buying Your First Bike toWinning Your First Race
  • eBay For Dummies
  • Best Business Practices for Photographers
  • The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!: Lasting Fat Loss That's Better Than Ever!
  • National Geographic: The Ultimate Field Guide to Photography
  • Eat More, Weigh Less: Dr. Dean Ornish's Life Choice Program for Losing Weight Safely While Eating Abundantly
  • Digital Photographer's Handbook
  • US Army Survival Manual: FM 21-76
The Body Sculpting Bible for Men The Body Sculpting Bible for Men, Third Edition: The Way to Physical Perfection Alpha Male Challenge: The 10-Week Plan to Burn Fat, Gain Muscle & Build True Alpha Attitude The Body Sculpting Bible for Women, Third Edition: The Way to Physical Perfection Combat Fat for Kids: A Whole-Family Approach to Optimal Health