Start by marking “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #3)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Everyone’s favorite flying car shifts into another dimension as the intrepid Tooting family zooms back and forth through time.

When the Tootings return to Zobrowski Terrace at the end of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again, they find that "home" is looking a lot like Jurassic Park. But this is no theme park — a very real and very hungry T. rex is charging them! Thanks to Da
Published March 12th 2013 by Candlewick Press (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time

Ms. Yingling
Instead of heading home from their last adventure, the Tooting family ends up going back to the Jurassic period, where they almost get eaten by a T. Rex! Barely escaping, they end up in 1920s New York city, where Chitty has taken them so she can reconnect with her first owner, the clueless Count Zborowski who is supposed to compete in the Prix d'Esmerelda's Birthday Cake. The Tootings try to save him from a suspicious woman, Bella Sposa, who wants to marry him and ruin his chances of winning, bu ...more
Sam Woodfield
Often, when an author carries on that of another, although there are differences between the 2, these are subtle and the two stories could be written by the same person at different times in their careers. However, unfortunately that isn't the case in this instance, and Cotterll Boyce doesn't even come close to the skill of Fleming. As I have only recently read the original book, I found it hard not to compare these novels and this really affected by enjoyment.
This novel follows Chitty Chitty Ba
Kristen Jett
I really had to ponder how to rate this one. I think I'm settling on a 3.3. It's a fun, very light read.

I found this book to be a lot of fun, and enjoyable. The characters are likable, with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being just as cheeky as I remembered. The time travel plot isn't overly complicated, to the extent that I didn't even have to take notes as I read. (Have I mentioned that time travel in books often makes my eyes cross? Because it does.) The illustrations are darling. I still feel a bi
Jenny
It took me two months to read this book even though it was very short. One madcap adventure follows another so quickly that there isn't a chance to care about the characters or even understand their motivations. The stories (set in different time periods) are all mind-numbingly similar with the youngest doing something stupid that works out, the son and dad fixing the car, the daughter being smart, and chitty bang bang (the car) saving the day at the very last minutes. Give me a mindless Saturda ...more
Heather
Cute addition to the Chitty books by Boyce (and if you didn't know it already I'm a big fan of Boyce--if you haven't yet read Millions-go do it!), but not as strong as the first title.

In this episode Chitty can travel through time and the Tootings encounter people from Chitty's and their own immediate past (hint, hint, the villains are staring you in the face!)

Summary: Chitty rescues the Tooting family from a hungry T. Rex and takes the family on a tour of early New York among other places.
Martha
This sequel to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is non stop action. However, I found the amount of background knowledge necessary to really understand the story of the Tooting family who time travel through history in their flying car through Prohibition, El Dorado, Crown Jewels, etc., will be lacking for most young readers, leaving them confused and unable to understand the humor, unless they have learned about these historical subjects and places.
Delightful read-aloud for kids and adults full of quirky humor and great illustrations. Fabulous substitute (in this reader's mind) for the dismal Magic Tree House books (albeit not as simply written), but good for the teacher/parent trying to inspire kids to read with an early chapter book. And hello-DINOSAURS...
Dianna
I enjoyed reading this book. It was funny. I liked the way the characters are connecting between books. I did not enjoy the cliffhanger ending—to me, it's not a real ending, more of an advertisement for the next book.
Faith Hough
Fun, fun sequel to the sequel. :)
Debby
I loved this book, it was fun to read.
Nic
I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!
Dan Morris-adams
Dan Morris-adams marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Cisaide
Cisaide marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Ann Marie
Ann Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Kayla
Kayla added it
Nov 13, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Swapnil Malavde
Swapnil Malavde marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Brian Deragon
Brian Deragon marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Sarah Maurer
Sarah Maurer marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
  • The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
  • Henry! You're Hungry Again?
  • The Hypnotists (The Hypnotists, #1)
  • The Universe of Fair
  • The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
  • Sunny Sweet Is So Not Sorry
  • Horatio's One Wish
  • The Templeton Twins Make a Scene (Templeton Twins, #2)
  • The Vanishing Coin (The Magic Shop Book 1)
  • Jellybeans Morning, Noon & Night
  • The Night the Moon Ate My Room
  • With a Mighty Hand: The Story in the Torah
  • Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked
  • It's a Catastrophe
  • Lara's Gift
  • The Happy Hollisters on a River Trip (Happy Hollisters, #2)
  • Garden Princess
  • Return to the Willows
Frank Cottrell Boyce is a British screenwriter, novelist and occasional actor.

In addition to original scripts, Cottrell Boyce has also adapted novels for the screen and written children's fiction, winning the 2004 Carnegie Medal for his debut, Millions, based on his own screenplay for the film of the same name.
His novel Framed was shortlisted for the Whitbread Book of the Year as well as the Carne
More about Frank Cottrell Boyce...
Cosmic Millions Framed The Unforgotten Coat Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)