Start by marking “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #3)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Everyone’s favorite flying car shifts into another dimension as the intrepid Tooting family zooms back and forth through time.

When the Tootings return to Zobrowski Terrace at the end of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again, they find that "home" is looking a lot like Jurassic Park. But this is no theme park — a very real and very hungry T. rex is charging them! Thanks to Da
Published March 12th 2013 by Candlewick Press (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time

Ms. Yingling
Instead of heading home from their last adventure, the Tooting family ends up going back to the Jurassic period, where they almost get eaten by a T. Rex! Barely escaping, they end up in 1920s New York city, where Chitty has taken them so she can reconnect with her first owner, the clueless Count Zborowski who is supposed to compete in the Prix d'Esmerelda's Birthday Cake. The Tootings try to save him from a suspicious woman, Bella Sposa, who wants to marry him and ruin his chances of winning, bu ...more
Sam Woodfield
Often, when an author carries on that of another, although there are differences between the 2, these are subtle and the two stories could be written by the same person at different times in their careers. However, unfortunately that isn't the case in this instance, and Cotterll Boyce doesn't even come close to the skill of Fleming. As I have only recently read the original book, I found it hard not to compare these novels and this really affected by enjoyment.
This novel follows Chitty Chitty Ba
Kristen Jett
I really had to ponder how to rate this one. I think I'm settling on a 3.3. It's a fun, very light read.

I found this book to be a lot of fun, and enjoyable. The characters are likable, with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being just as cheeky as I remembered. The time travel plot isn't overly complicated, to the extent that I didn't even have to take notes as I read. (Have I mentioned that time travel in books often makes my eyes cross? Because it does.) The illustrations are darling. I still feel a bi
Betsy
Reviewed first on RedeemedReader

This second installment is one madcap race to be sure. Chitty has a mind of her own and takes the Tooting family to prehistoric times, to the Roaring Twenties in America (and Chitty’s original owner, Count Zborowski), to El Dorado, to the present, and finally, to the famous 1966 World Cup game in London. Jem uses Chitty’s logbook to piece together different adventures in Chitty’s past (and helps his sister Lucy narrowly avert a tragic accident). By the end of the
Luann
This was mostly just silly, and not always in a good way. I was going to stop reading about half way through, but then it seemed to get a bit better. But only just a bit. Sorry to say, but I don't think I'll be reading the next one. There are just too many other books to read that I know I'll enjoy more.
Rebecca
I didn't listen carefully because I wan't that into it. Camilo would probably give it 5 stars; he's more appreciative and less critical of books than I am.
Jenny
It took me two months to read this book even though it was very short. One madcap adventure follows another so quickly that there isn't a chance to care about the characters or even understand their motivations. The stories (set in different time periods) are all mind-numbingly similar with the youngest doing something stupid that works out, the son and dad fixing the car, the daughter being smart, and chitty bang bang (the car) saving the day at the very last minutes. Give me a mindless Saturda ...more
Heather
Cute addition to the Chitty books by Boyce (and if you didn't know it already I'm a big fan of Boyce--if you haven't yet read Millions-go do it!), but not as strong as the first title.

In this episode Chitty can travel through time and the Tootings encounter people from Chitty's and their own immediate past (hint, hint, the villains are staring you in the face!)

Summary: Chitty rescues the Tooting family from a hungry T. Rex and takes the family on a tour of early New York among other places.
Martha
This sequel to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is non stop action. However, I found the amount of background knowledge necessary to really understand the story of the Tooting family who time travel through history in their flying car through Prohibition, El Dorado, Crown Jewels, etc., will be lacking for most young readers, leaving them confused and unable to understand the humor, unless they have learned about these historical subjects and places.
Delightful read-aloud for kids and adults full of quirky humor and great illustrations. Fabulous substitute (in this reader's mind) for the dismal Magic Tree House books (albeit not as simply written), but good for the teacher/parent trying to inspire kids to read with an early chapter book. And hello-DINOSAURS...
Dianna
I enjoyed reading this book. It was funny. I liked the way the characters are connecting between books. I did not enjoy the cliffhanger ending—to me, it's not a real ending, more of an advertisement for the next book.
Faith Hough
Fun, fun sequel to the sequel. :)
Debby
I loved this book, it was fun to read.
Niki
I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!
Imogen Breeze
Imogen Breeze marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Bookmogul
Bookmogul is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2015
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Dalar P
Dalar P marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Purnendradatturi
Purnendradatturi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Apr 29, 2015
  • Henry! You're Hungry Again?
  • I Represent Sean Rosen
  • Horatio's One Wish
  • The Universe of Fair
  • The Hypnotists (The Hypnotists, #1)
  • Jellybeans Morning, Noon & Night
  • Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked
  • The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
  • Lords of Trillium
  • Sleuth on Skates
Frank Cottrell Boyce is a British screenwriter, novelist and occasional actor.

In addition to original scripts, Cottrell Boyce has also adapted novels for the screen and written children's fiction, winning the 2004 Carnegie Medal for his debut, Millions, based on his own screenplay for the film of the same name.
His novel Framed was shortlisted for the Whitbread Book of the Year as well as the Carne
More about Frank Cottrell Boyce...

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (4 books)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #1)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Over the Moon (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #4)
Cosmic Millions Framed The Unforgotten Coat Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)