Start by marking “Curtis Stone's What's For Dinner? Simple Recipes for Every Night of the Week” as Want to Read:
Curtis Stone's What's For Dinner? Simple Recipes for Every Night of the Week

Curtis Stone's What's For Dinner? Simple Recipes for Every Night of the Week

Curtis Stone, host of Top Chef Masters and Around the World in 80 Plates, provides a culinary road map of time-saving kitchen solutions and delicious dishes for every day of the week.
Published April 9th 2013 by Appetite by Random House (first published January 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Curtis Stone's What's For Dinner? Simple Recipes for Every Night of the Week

☆~Stephanie ~☆
Love reading different cook books with my younger daughter .we always cook and bake together and my oldest always says she is the taste tester .
Jennifer Rayment
Apr 12, 2013 Jennifer Rayment rated it it was amazing
The Good Stuff

Nice addition to have the "Rounding out the Meal' & "Kitchen Note" added to some of the recipes. Extremely helpful
Photographs are simple, yet beautiful, and very, very appetizing (Take note publishers of cookbooks - people want to have pictures of every recipe and pictures that focuse on the food not on the artistry of the photographer)
Directions are easy to follow
Something for everyone - lots of variety
Lots of fresh ingredients that are easy to find in any grocery store
T
Icewineanne
Dec 25, 2015 Icewineanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
An excellent cookbook. I was lucky to find a brand new copy of this on a sale table for $5 and this book has paid for itself many times over. With recipes for everyday of the week, under section titles such as "motivating mondays", "time-saving tuesdays", this book delivers delicious, easy recipes that will make you a better cook.
The recipes are well laid out with helpful notes and Curtis adds charming stories/notes from his personal life. Tons of delectable photos, one for each recipe. Among th
Shilpa
Thrifty Thursdays
Five-Ingredient Fridays
Dinner Party Saturdays
Family Supper Sundays

When a cookbook goes beyond the “template” and gets creative, it’s refreshing. This is exactly what Curtis Stone has done in his new cookbook What’s For Dinner. Dividing the recipes into different days of the week makes it easy to plan and decide what to make for dinner. If you follow the book, you’re basically set for at least ten weeks – that means ten week
Sara
May 23, 2013 Sara rated it it was ok
Simple recipes? No. I have, if I may say so, a pretty impressive pantry, but there is hardly one recipe that I wouldn't have to buy something (not counting main protein). Fresh herbs are featured heavily, as are peppers and...sriracha, harissa, Vietnamese fish sauce. Other recipes have just odd combinations for me. And NO nutritional information. Simple may mean limited ingredients. May mean limited pots and pans. Not sure. It certainly doesn't mean quick cooking times or prep times.
Disappointin
Emily
Dec 30, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Mad rush to find books that count for my 65 books in one year! Truthfully, I love this cook book. I watched many of Curtis Stone's "Whats for dinner?" show and have somewhat of a celebrity crush on the man. And his ability to always find wine. This cookbook was a gift to myself from my old company's bonus system. And it arrived to my new apartment before any of my other cookbooks - making it the first cookbook I used in DC! Voila!
Sue Jackson
Oct 02, 2016 Sue Jackson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, food, cookbook
Curtis Stone is one of my favorite celebrity chefs & this is one of my favorite cookbooks now! Simple meals made from fresh ingredients with BIG flavor! Read my full review, with recipes we've tried and links:

Heidi Pepin
May 22, 2015 Heidi Pepin rated it liked it
A handful of recipes look like something that not only would I attempt to make, but my family would enjoying eating as well. I liked the concept of the books, with recipes put into days with categories One Pot Wednesdays. The problem is that yes, absolutely, I found some delicious looking quick recipes in the book that I could use, like the Asian Chicken Salad, but there were also some recipes on a Thirsday, for instance, with a cooking time of 2 hours.

I don't have 2 hours.

But as I said, a small
Justine
Jan 06, 2014 Justine rated it really liked it
Borrowed the book from the library 1st to make sure it was good... then bought it! Most of the recipes I have cooked so far have been really good. The recipes have been easy to follow. The portions are large so at times I have halved it.

Recommended recipes:-

grilled salmon with risoni, feta and red wine vinaigrette (great way to cook the fish too)
grilled prawn and rice noodle salad (husband's fav!)
cauliflower and spinach dahl
quinoa salad with chickpea and tomatoes
chocolate chunk cookies with peca
Pam
Dec 30, 2015 Pam rated it liked it
I like this book because it stretches how I ordinarily use ingredients, with only a few odd ingredients that I have to go out and buy. Plus I thought he explained the "why" of some of the techniques, most often to give layers of flavor. The dessert chapter was boring.

My main complaint would be format, the page numbers are written in lighter ink, and sideways, so when he refers you to another page, it is difficult to find it. AND the book doesn't lie flat so you can actually cook with it.
May 05, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
This book is probably the best-organized cookbook I've checked out in ages! The weekend chapters were a little too involved for me, but the five weeknight chapters had lots of easy meals that were suitable for kids and adults. Prep time is pretty accurate (and included); he includes sidebars for anything unusual and covers variations if you're interested. I wish more books included nutrition information - this one isn't appalling, but it would be useful. This is a really great cookbook for every ...more
Megan
Oct 26, 2014 Megan rated it it was ok
I liked the Saturday chapter the best, though nothing seemed particularly inspiring to me. The dessert chapter was ho-hum, though I didn't expect much in the first place in terms of awe-inspiring desserts.
lisa
Nov 05, 2013 lisa rated it really liked it
Most of the recipes in this book are too time consuming for me, but on the days that I have more time to cook I am eager to try some of these recipes. I like that they are all so different from each other, and pretty easy to execute.
Debbie
Dec 21, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
Curtis Stone's newest cookbook is full of all sorts of delicious recipes made all the better because most are easy to make with few ingredients. Only his weekend recipes take more time. I'm looking forward to trying many of them.
Pnmp44yahoo.com
Jan 15, 2015 Pnmp44yahoo.com rated it really liked it
The ginger sesame chicken salad? ridiculous. Several 'keeper' recipes in this along with being lovely to look at and easy to follow.
Lisa
Feb 18, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: always-reading
I love this cookbook! It's organized by day of the week (one pot dinners, under 30 minute dinners, etc.) instead of by type of food. I have made several dishes and they are all great!
Marci -  Serendipitous Readings
the recipe we tried was ok, not awesomeness like I thought it would be, have to try another one to see if it was me or just the recipe.
Beka
Apr 11, 2013 Beka rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Another beautifully photographed book full of delicious looking food. Can someone make me everything in here?
Rebecca Montemurro
Jul 31, 2013 Rebecca Montemurro rated it really liked it
Just made the banana bread. YUM!!!!
Heather
May 11, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Really liked this! Lots of great and easy recipes that I can't wait to try!
Colleen
Jul 17, 2013 Colleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: foodie-books
Not a ton of recipes I would actually make. This was just ok.
Marina
Jan 27, 2015 Marina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book for simple, everyday recipes. I frequently utilize it for ideas on what to cook for a dinner.
Ashley Katsuyama
May 07, 2013 Ashley Katsuyama rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Love the variety of recipes, and the different categories cover a wide range of occasions. I bookmarked nearly the entire book. Beautiful pictures for every recipe as well!
Meredith Stills
Meredith Stills rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2014
Kristal
Kristal rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Courtyrae
Courtyrae rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Monique
Monique rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Happy Cooking: Giada's Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count...Without Stressing You Out
  • Extra Virgin: Recipes & Love from Our Tuscan Kitchen
  • The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • Food
  • The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook: A Treasury of Timeless, Delicious Recipes
  • Breakfast for Dinner: Recipes for Frittata Florentine, Huevos Rancheros, Sunny-Side-Up Burgers, and More!
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • The New Indian Slow Cooker: Recipes for Curries, Dals, Chutneys, Masalas, Biryani, and More
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love: More than 100 Recipes and Make-It-Yourself Projects to Create and Share
  • The Runner's World Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Run Better, and Race Faster
  • The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
  • Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: The Funky Finds in Flavortown: America's Classic Joints and Killer Comfort Food
  • Sunny's Kitchen: Easy Food For Real Life