Start by marking “Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)” as Want to Read:
Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)

Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  347 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The race is on for a new student council president, and the Breakfast Bunch is rallying for Hector! The competition is already heavy, but the race heats up when school security is at stake: student and staff high-tech gadgets are disappearing left and right. Whoever the culprit is, this is one stealthy thief—and the school is so busy with the election that he gets away wit ...more
Published April 23rd 2013 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain

Ms. Yingling
Hector is determined to run for student body president against Christopher Milmoe even though Milmoe has huge banners, buttons, and campaign promises that aren't realistic. He even brings in pizza on vegetable souffle day in the cafeteria! At the same time, electronic devices start disappearing around the school, including Hector's X-Station Mobile. The Lunch Ladies are on this, using what technology they have left for surveillance. When they discover the culprit, they go to battle with him... b ...more
Samantha
High-tech gadgets have been disappearing right and left, the race is on in the student class president election, and a new superintendent plans to trim the fat by cutting programs in this 9th book in the Lunch Lady series of comics.

Hector from the Breakfast Bunch is running against Chris Milmoe, a popular jock, but manages to amass quite a following, especially after a successful interview for the school paper's podcast. But when Hector's gaming skills are called upon to defeat the villain who'
Shelli
Lunch Lady is back with some returning villains making cameo appearance as well. Electronic devices are going missing all over town and Lunch Lady is on the case. Can she find the thief and get the cafeteria ready for inspection for the new school superintendent?

Warning! This book ends with a cliff hanger! Can't wait to see how it all pans out in Lunch Lady #10.
Tricia
Maybe more like 2.5 stars - a weak addition to the series. This story didn't hold together very well and the ending was rushed. I suppose I should be glad that (view spoiler) - after all, it would be too much of a cliché storybook ending i ...more
M.
Book 9 in the very funny graphic novel Lunch Lady series. Probably about 3rd grade and up.

For those of you who don't know, Lunch Lady is a premier crime fighter complete with all sorts of high tech gadgets disguised as kitchen implements. There are two parallel stories here--to start with, the election for school president is happening with Hector Munoz of the Breakfast Bunch running against jock Christopher Milmoe. It's a close race--who will win? At the same time, high tech gadgets are disapp
Dolly
Mar 09, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the ninth book in the Lunch Lady series by Jarrett J. Krosoczka. We started reading this series this past summer and our girls really like the stories. They are fun, fast reads and I love that the superheroes are women. This is a fun story about class elections and high tech gadgets.

The story was an exciting, quick read and ends on a cliffhanger. I can see the books appealing to both boys and girls. The illustrations are very cartoonish, in black and white with yellow tints, and there's
Holly Letson
Hector is running for Class President against the school bully, Milmoe, and doesn't believe he has a chance at all of ever winning. But, his friends are there, encouraging him and helping him along in the race. Later on, even though Hector doesn't win, even Milmoe tells him that he ran a good campaign.

Unfortunately, tech gadgets have been disappearing from everyone in the school, and that trail of burnt wiring leads straight to the school's technology expert, Mr. Computo. He's feeding them all
Olivia Myerawesome
Hey this book is amazing but it was not as interesting( the villain) as the others, has he is given no motive or no sad or tragic backstory.
But what it messes up in villain it makes up for in story, this one is the second most intriguing and reliable story the only problem is it has the stupid school president campaign.
Ann
All the high-tech gadgets at Thompson brook school are coming up missing. Lunch Lady and Betty begin investigating, along with the Breakfast Bunch. Meanwhile, Hector is running for student council president against Milmoe. Hector's campaign goes awry when he has to help save Lunch Lady so she can save the day.
Katarina Miller
This book has a really captivating storyline and illustrations that hold the reader's attention. I think kids would really enjoy this book because of the relatable material of school and the technology. There is also a emphasis on friendship and taking sides during events such as a class presidential election.
Diane
Hector is running for class president against Chris Milmoe. And while Milmoe tries to buy votes with "pizza propaganda", Hector decides "we all deserve a safe, happy school." With the slogan, "Vote for Hector, he'll be your protector!", he starts to gain voter support. Especially as tech gadgets continue to disappear all over the school. Holy guacamole! This looks like another job for Lunch Lady. She immediately sets a trap for the tech thief to discover the identity of the thief. But when she f ...more
Jess
This book was the most surprising to me. I was just shocked talk about a cliffhanger. I mean I was shocked that they went through so many amazing adventures then Boom! Your left with a cliff hanger! This book made me appreciate the fact that hector mad a sacrifice. He gave up his chance to become the school president. That was my favorite part in this book. This was a great addition to this series.
Selenia
I'm so sad that it seems the next book will be the final book.
Molly
C and I are reading one a night...SUPER fun to read out loud!
Awjtf
all great books in the series!
Liz B
This is a graphic novel for the 8-10 year old age group. I read it out loud to my six-year-old, and he liked it, but there were a lot of things I had to explain to him. Lunch Lady is a hidden superhero who reminds me quite a bit of Agent P from Phineas and Ferb.
Read  Ribbet
Number nine in this popular series of graphic novels for transitioning readers. This time Jarrett Krosoczka's super hero the Lunch Lady save the school from a villian stealing electronic device in the school. Set amidst a school election thesearch for themystery thief plays out. Student may be very interested in the next book as the book ends with a cliff ahnger scene in which new school leadership decides it is time to shut down the school lunch program and move to vending manchines.
Tony Keefer
I love the Lunch Lady books. I was the lucky winner of #9 at the Dublin Literacy Conference (big fun) I don't want to give too much away but there is a mystery afoot when tech gadgets appear to be stolen right from under the noses of many of the characters and a new Superintendent is suggesting a shocking change to life at Thomas Brook Elementary. As always the story and art were laced with humor that adults like me and most middle grade students will love.
Nancy
Student council president. That is what Hector is hoping for. The race is going to be tough but the Breakfast Bunch believes that Hector can pull this off. But in the midst of the campaigning, there is mystery afoot. Someone is stealing computer gadgets from students and staff. Can the kids find the thief and win the election?
Wendy Garland
High-tech gadgets are disappearing from school. Leave it to the Lunch Lady to investigate. Will she be able to catch the thief before her gadgets disappear? Thanks to Jarrett Krosoczka @studiojjk for this copy from a Twitter raffle. The waiting list to read it grows every day!
Ann Williams
Another installment in the Lunch lady series. Not my favorite, but I do like the way Krosczka brings in characters from previous novels and leaves the reader hanging off a cliff at the end. I do want to see what will happen to Lunch Lady in the next book.
The Styling Librarian
Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain by Jarrett J. Krosoczka – Loved reading this new Lunch Lady. Warning: there is a cliffhanger that will leave you hanging for the next book release and quite possibly yelling at Jarrett for leaving you hanging…
Julie
You can’t go wrong with any of Lunch Lady graphic novel series. This time a terrible technology villain invades the school and steals everyone’s gizmos and gadgets.
Elaine Wang
Humorous book about undercover lunch-lady crime fighters who get into all sorts of adventures inside and outside of school.

Mention the "Breakfast Bunch"
Jasmine Harris
Got super excited when I saw this on the shelf today. Now I'm all jacked up after reading it! OMG! What's going to happen to Lunch Lady Eek!
Becky
Someone is stealing all of the tech devices around the school. Lunch Lady to the rescue! A fun installment, but watch out for the cliffhanger ending!
Angie
Maybe a three point five. The Lunch Ladies are still on the case.

Just felt a bit ... rushed. Too many loose threads to feel complete.
Tracey
children's graphic novel. This serial should probably be read in order, in quick succession, as the plot continues from one to the next.
Maria
3.5 Good story - fun cliff hanger ending. But it didn't feel as meaty as the ones before it.
Juli
Another fun addition to the Lunch Lady series. Who is stealing all of the missing electronics?
lunch lady 1 1 Apr 28, 2013 12:14PM
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
  • The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Cleopatra in Space #1: Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Odd Duck
  • The Great American Dust Bowl
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton
  • The Silver Six
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Big Bad Ironclad!
studiojjk.com
punkfarm.com
lunchladycomics.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarrett J. Krosoczka used to be a goofy kid that liked to draw. Now, he is a published author/illustrator with many books to his credit. Growing up in Worcester, MA Jarrett drew relentlessly and always had a cast of characters that he wrote stories for. In 9th grade, Jarrett won a contest with The Worcester Telegram & Ga
More about Jarrett J. Krosoczka...

Lunch Lady (10 books)
  • Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1)
  • Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3)
  • Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)
  • Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)
  • Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Fiasco (Lunch Lady, #6)
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Lunch Lady, #8)
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)
Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1) Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2) Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5) Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3) Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)