Start by marking “A Passion For Souls: The Life Of D. L. Moody” as Want to Read:
A Passion For Souls: The Life Of D. L. Moody

A Passion For Souls: The Life Of D. L. Moody

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Moody was a model of biblical passion, vision, and commitment. Examine the life of this great evangelist, probing his strengths and weaknesses, virtues and faults, triumphs and struggles, to find a man after God's own heart.
Hardcover
Published by Moody Publishers (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about A Passion For Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Passion For Souls

Vaclav
Just finished listening to this audio book, which is an excellent bio on D.L.Moody, a preacher, pastor, revivalist, founder of two Bible schools...God working through an imperfect man! It was a real feast for my faith, of one brother's life in Christ.
Jw
My only knock against the book is that I wish he'd woven more of the material about Moody's failing and flaws into the narrative itself rather than cataloging it at the end of the book.
Eric Handler
A classic. A great depiction of the life of DL Moody.
Teena Myers
A balanced view of a great Christian who did not need the approval of human organizations to be about his Heavenly Fathers business. I found many aspects of his life interesting, his work with children, he was never ordained and did not want to be, he was not accountable to his peers yet never abused funds or raised money for his personal needs, he started his ministry known as crazy Moody and ended it an internationally respected minister of the gospel, he fought for integration and equality fo...more
Isaac Ezell
I couldn't help but wonder while reading the book why the author took every opportunity to lift up Moody as a saint and none to frame him as a fallen human. His weaknesses seemed to be justified away. Truth be told this made the book uninteresting and although I'm a believer I just couldn't relate to much of Moody's experience as relayed by the author.
Tim
He was surprisingly but appreciatively flawed, and more charismatic than I would have thought, but powerfully evangelistic, and very much an everyday man. Very ahead of his time. I wish the book would have more samples of his sermons.
Jocelyn
The life of a great witness of Christ. His desire for the unity of Christians and churches for the cause of the lost souls should awaken us. It is the best biography of Moody that I have read. The author did a great methodical job.
George Hunger
A great book on the life and ministry of D.L. Moody. Very well written and informative, the book shed light on every aspect of his life and what drove him in ministry and evangelism.
Joshua Centanni
Required school reading... I looked at all the words in the book, but I don't know that I was genuinely paying much attention to them.
Rick
Thorough bio, placing the events of his life firmly in their historical contexts. Well written and well researched.
Lauren
incredible life
Abraham Dains
Abraham Dains marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Chase Carson
Chase Carson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Casey Drummond
Casey Drummond marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
James Connor
James Connor is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2014
Afful Lord
Afful Lord marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Passion for God: The Spiritual Journey of A. W. Tozer And God Came In Seeking the Secret Place: The Spiritual Formation of C. S. Lewis Surprised by Love: Her Life and Marriage to C.S. Lewis Billy Sunday and the Redemption of Urban America