Start by marking “Darker Than Love” as Want to Read:
Darker Than Love

Darker Than Love

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Clarissa is set to marry Lord Marldon, the depraved and gleefully cruel earl to whom she's been promised. When her friends try to scupper the proposed marriage, Clarissa, oblivious to their plan, falls in love with Gabriel, a beautiful Italian artist. Marldon hears of the blossoming relationship and kidnaps Clarissa, imprisoning her in his Piccadilly mansion and subjecting ...more
Published August 1st 2014 by Virgin Books (first published September 17th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Darker Than Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darker Than Love

Michalyn
I usually like my romance mixed in with a good bit of erotica but this just doesn't seem to hold my attention. There's sex, lots of it, even a historical setting which I usually enjoy but every time I pick this up I just feel bored. I'm going to put it aside for now and try reading it again some other time. Maybe then I'll somehow discover its charm.
Tess
The only thing that would have made this story better is having Lord Marldon succeed in the end. How can Clarissa ever truly be satisfied with Gabriel?
Choko
This is an erotica set-up as a historical romance. I usually like my romance mixed in with plenty of erotica, but this just doesn't seem up to par. There's sex, lots of it, even a regency setting, which is usually my favorite, but it does not sizzle! I am all for domination and although in theory I could agree with the premiss that domination with respect and love is better than domination for domination sake, the "bad" guy was much sexier and there was little to recommend the protagonist whatso ...more
Jo
Clarissa is engaged to the mysterious Lord Marldon, a man she's never seen although society won't tell her his true nature. She meets young handsome Italian Gabriel and they start to court but then she is taken hostage by her fiance. Marldon is cruel and perverse and delights in bringing women down to their base desires. Okay, this book wasn't what I was expecting but it was fun and pretty hot in parts.
Michelle Ahrens
Very hard core sexy book - I enjoyed but not for everyone. Would read more of her books.
penelopewanders
This was one of the better Black Lace books I've read recently, except for the fact that although I ordered it new from amazon, the last several pages are missing! Theoretically they'll send me a new copy, but it was a bit irksome even if it was clear what the ending would be. Not sure what to do with this now.
Erin Jeter
I loved it! It combines Kristina's wonderful edgy imagination with a historical fiction theme. Nothing better!
Erin Jeter
Love this book! I hope she writes more historical fiction some time soon.
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Lwrath
Lwrath marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Laura Smith
Laura Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Carina Schwab
Carina Schwab marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Mel Putri
Mel Putri marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Markus
Markus marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sam Spencer
Sam Spencer marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kristina Lloyd is a UK author of erotica whose fiction centres on female sexual submission. Her novels are published by Black Lace and her short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies, including several "Best of" collections in both the UK and US.

Kristina has been described as "a fresh literary talent" who "writes sex with a formidable force".

Find out more on Kristina's site
More about Kristina Lloyd...
Thrill Seeker Asking for Trouble Lust Bites Split Undone