Start by marking “Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love” as Want to Read:
Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love

Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Discover how to get so lost in God that a guy has to seek Him to find you.

Dannah Gresh traces God’s language of love through Scripture to help you pursue your heart’s deep
Published April 2nd 2013 by WaterBrook Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Get Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Lost

Robert Davis
OK, one can't just pick up any book read it then comment that it didn't meet your needs, when the book isn't even on the topic of your needs! Sheesh.... hmmmm... let me see, I think I want to learn about being a Godly husband (I am still single), so I will pick up a Chilton's manual on how to fix my waverunner... uh HELLO!... OK, enough sarcasm!
This is a GREAT book! You wonder why a guy read it, well, 2 reasons... one is nearly 14 years old and the other is 9 years old! :) Both beatiful daughter
Faith Farrell
What can I say about a book this good? A book whose first pages were so true that I thought "Dannah knows me!" That is what happened with Get Lost. By page three I was underlining and saying "That is the truth. It is."
And I kept thinking this over and over... Dannah gets what is in my head and heart!
Get Lost begins with this statement:
"This is a book about God....
....and guys.....
....and how we get them mixed up.
Oh, do we ever."
Haven't we all.
Have you ever sought the love of a guy over the Love
Megan
Apr 26, 2013 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any girl, single or not
Back-Story: I am always on the lookout for any type of self-help book for single girls. I noticed this one at the store I work at and after reading the back decided to go ahead and get it. Honestly, I think it was God who prompted me because I had given up on really finding any book that actually helped me.

I've read a lot of books geared towards singles in the past; however, this is my first book I've read written by Dannah. All of them had good information and I've gotten something out of all
Zoe Scrivener
While the principles advocated by Gresh were sound and useful, much of her support was not. A large part of the book is based on mis-interpretation of the Song of Solomon, and the book is chock full of mysticism throughout.
Chezka Vidal
Jul 26, 2014 Chezka Vidal marked it as to-read
Birthday and Christmas are months and months away but I already have a wishlist. It's really simple. This book called Get Lost, written by Dannah Gresh:) Perfect resource to supplement our material:) It's got a Discussion Guide/Leader's Guide at the end. #BackToTheWord

"Have you ever ditched a friend for a guy? Filled your journal with more thoughts about guys than God? Found yourself jealous because that other girl gets all the dates? Maybe it’s time to get lost—in God.

Discover how to get so los
Shelby  Lauren
I knew this book was for me the moment I read the title. Why? Because for a long time, I’ve struggled with resting in the Lord and finding satisfaction and fulfillment in Him rather than in other things. Like guys. Like the ecstasy of romance and the dream of love and marriage. I’ve suffering from the Craving. We all have it- it comes in different shapes and forms. But most of us just don’t know how to defeat it.

Dannah starts her book by identifying the Craving. She tells us that it’s not wrong
Brittany Ketter
You see him walking down the hall, (what do you mean who? Don’t ask me who. You know who I’m talking about!) and all the sudden your mind begins to move at a whirlwind speed! Will this be the day that he finally notices you! How long has it been since you have wanted him to see you? How long have you waited to get his attention? And still, if you do get it, how far will you go to gain his affection? How much do you really need him?

Maybe it has been the same guy for months or years even. Or maybe
Gabrielle W.
I've discovered the more I love a book, the harder it is for me to write a review...but I've gotta try!!

First, let me begin by saying, I feel that though this book was written for young teenage girls, it would be a good read for any age and even relationship status.
The book focus's on God, and developing a relationship with Him...so often we go after boys to fill the desire to be loved, while we ignore God, who has ever lasting love for us. Even if you're dating (or even married) the book teach
Jennifer Short
I’m no stranger to books by Dannah Gresh. I’m a little older than her target audience, but I’m single, so no matter how old you are, if you are a single female, they are still appropriate. This book, Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love, is a bit different than most young adult or teen purity books. Instead of focusing on not having sex (which it does mention abstinence often) it’s focus is losing yourself in God and finding true love with Him.

Sound cheesy? Not really. The author gives some
wjbooks
Love can be so complicated, if we let it. We tend to associate everything with love: We love our friends, animals, food, shows, etc. Dannah breaks it down for us though:
Hesed is the Hebrew form of love. Hesed describes the God kind of love for us.
In the Greek, this love is called agape. This love is unfailing, and is not rooted in emotionalism or circumstances. It is a love that is about the other and not oneself. Agape is the love we really desire, and it is offered to us.
She also shows us at t
Alannah
This book was really good! Take the time to spend with God, and journal in the sections, because it really helps you get closer to God. Definitely an awesome book, and highly recommended for everyone, but especially girls who have the tendency to look to guys for love.
Carla Still
This is a good book. Written mostly for teenage girls, it is an easy read. It is not very deep, but relays important concepts in getting lost in God. I liked her insights on The Craving. Well rounded book with scripture, worship suggestions, journal area, and group discussion questions.
Ruth E. R.
Jan 02, 2014 Ruth E. R. marked it as to-read
www.familylife.com/audio/series/2013/... Just heard the author interviewed on Family Life Today 1/2/2014, 7:00pm, WIHS 104.9fm, Middletown, CT
Beatriz
I enjoyed reading each chapter it made me think about who God really want in my life and the person He wants me to be. What a true blessing, definitely would recommend this n ook to others
Anna Kinkade
This book is AMAZING. I checked it out from the library and had to renew it constantly in order to keep it for just a little bit longer. I have every intention of purchasing this book as soon as possible.
Amy Caccamise
This was a GREAT book. It challenges you in the deepest aspects to Get Lost in God. If you read it with an open heart, you will learn so much.
Laura O
This is a GREAT book. I would highly recommend it to any teenage girl or young woman.
Emma
Really good book that was encouraging but also taught me much.
Tgirl
Loved the focus of this book, and it really inspired me :).
Kaitlynn
Kaitlynn is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Ariella
Ariella marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Serlymar Martinez
Serlymar Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Miranda Stoger
Miranda Stoger marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
  • Firsthand: Ditching Secondhand Religion for a Faith of Your Own
  • Sex and the Single Christian Girl: Fighting for Purity in a Rom-Com World
  • Home of Our Hearts (Christy & Todd: The Married Years #2)
  • Not a Fan: Teen Edition
  • Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free, Companion Guide
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World
  • Made to Crave for Young Women: Satisfying Your Deepest Desires with God
  • Knowing God by Name: A Girlfriends in God Faith Adventure
  • Your Heart's Desire: 14 Truths That Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are Loved
  • Spiritual Misfit: A Memoir of Uneasy Faith
  • Heart Wide Open: Trading Mundane Faith for an Exuberant Life with Jesus
  • Luminary (Anomaly #2)
  • God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships
  • The Truth about Guys: One Guy Reveals What Every Girl Should Know
  • One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life
  • Island Girl (Forever Friends #4)
Dannah Gresh, a mother/daughter communication coach, has sold well over three quarters of a million copies of her books—including And the Bride Wore White and 2008's best-selling CBA youth book, Lies Young Women Believe (coauthored with Nancy Leigh DeMoss)—making her one of the most successful Christian authors targeting teens and preteens. With the belief that today's culture has been seeking to ...more
More about Dannah Gresh...
And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl Secret Keeper: The Delicate Power of Modesty Six Ways to Keep the "Good" in Your Boy: Guiding Your Son from His Tweens to His Teens What Are You Waiting For?: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex