Start by marking “Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes” as Want to Read:

Published July 17th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Susan Feniger's Street Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susan Feniger's Street Food

Mrs.
Aug 10, 2012 Mrs. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I love this cookbook - fun, interesting street food recipes from around the world. Some do not require a lot of ingredients, but others do, including exotic ones that may not be available at local markets. If you take that into account and order on line (no resources are given in the book, but Amazon, Kalustyan's, and MySpiceSage are all good on line resources), you will be cooking a lot of tasty recipes that are definitely outside the box.
Judy
Aug 22, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohmygod I love Susan Feniger, and I love her new book, Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes. Most of all, I WANT TO - no, I MUST - go to her restaurant, STREET, in L.A. I first saw her on "Top Chef Masters," and loved her freewheeling style and amazing combinations of flavors and textures from all over the world. The other chefs loved her food - always a good sign.

When you read the book, you accompany her on some of her many travels around the world - s
Crown Publishing Group
Over her thirty-year food career—from being one of the original Food Network stars and opening Border Grill to appearing on Top Chef Masters and creating STREET—celebrity chef Susan Feniger has continually found inspiration for her renowned cooking in street food carts around the world. In Susan Feniger’s Street Food, she shares 83 of her favorite recipes with home cooks, giving them a taste of these unexpected, tantalizing dishes.

On her globe-trotting adventures, with cooking and eating as the
Terri Jacobson
Sep 01, 2012 Terri Jacobson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, travel
A fantastic book! Susan Feniger is a well known-chef (she owns Border Grill with her partner Mary Sue Milligan--they were also the "Too Hot Tamales" from the early days of Food Network--and she has appeared most recently on Top Chef Masters). The book has lots of recipes that are doable for the home cook. The book is beautifully photographed, and it also contains travelogues of her many journeys to discover food in exotic places (she even goes to Mongolia!). There are recipes for appetizers, sal ...more
Megan
Dec 26, 2013 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything sounds yummy, and I'd order most of the food if I saw it in a restaurant. That being said, I doubt I'd make much of the fare at home. Many of the exotic ingredients would be hard to find, and if I had leftover ingredients I'd be hard-pressed to find another use for them. Some of the recipes, in particular the Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, seem random and out of place. The anecdotes seemed a bit lacking, and didn't have any of the vivaciousness that Susan Feni ...more
Bee
Dec 07, 2012 Bee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The way I use cookbooks is kind of odd--I browse them for ideas and copy the recipes that I want to try at a later date. All of these recipes looked ridiculous. When I think street foot, I think easy and fast. These all seemed to have esoteric ingredients (and believe me, I'm no stranger to world markets) and seem really complicated. Plus, I was shocked that they didn't have a single crepe/blintz--no love for European street food, apparently.
Debbie
Oct 13, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
No, I didn't make a single recipe in this book, but I will. I also read it from cover to cover. What a wealth of knowledge! I am so excited about trying some of these new and exotic (for me, anyway) recipes.
Kimberly Nichols
Some great fun gems in here but kind of all over the place and the writing left something to be desired. I will be making some of the recipes for parties.
Heather
Dec 05, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the few cookbooks I have read cover to cover, long past my bed time. I want to make pretty much everything in this entire book immediately.
Beka
Apr 19, 2012 Beka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Every recipe looked delicious, but unfortunately every recipe also called for an ingredient that I can't find.
Josie
Jan 07, 2014 Josie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice collection of street food from around the world. Of particular interest are the spice mix recipes.
Anonymous
Interesting recipes and ingredients. I want to try some of them.
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Victoria Allman
Victoria Allman rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Kelley
Dec 27, 2012 Kelley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
So...lots of interesting foods, but I found nothing that I'd make.
Jay
Jay rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Tim Wolfson
Tim Wolfson rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Beverly Ann Anderson
Beverly Ann Anderson rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
bud goodwin
bud goodwin rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2017
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2017
Rebecca Giacomelli
Rebecca Giacomelli rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Kathy Davidson
Kathy Davidson rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it liked it
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Canal House Cooks Every Day
  • Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Secrets of the Best Chefs: Recipes, Techniques, and Tricks from America's Greatest Cooks
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  • Japanese Farm Food
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • Heart of the Artichoke: and Other Kitchen Journeys