Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published July 17th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

Mrs.
I love this cookbook - fun, interesting street food recipes from around the world. Some do not require a lot of ingredients, but others do, including exotic ones that may not be available at local markets. If you take that into account and order on line (no resources are given in the book, but Amazon, Kalustyan's, and MySpiceSage are all good on line resources), you will be cooking a lot of tasty recipes that are definitely outside the box.
Crown Publishing Group
Over her thirty-year food career—from being one of the original Food Network stars and opening Border Grill to appearing on Top Chef Masters and creating STREET—celebrity chef Susan Feniger has continually found inspiration for her renowned cooking in street food carts around the world. In Susan Feniger’s Street Food, she shares 83 of her favorite recipes with home cooks, giving them a taste of these unexpected, tantalizing dishes.

On her globe-trotting adventures, with cooking and eating as the...more
Judy
Ohmygod I love Susan Feniger, and I love her new book, Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes. Most of all, I WANT TO - no, I MUST - go to her restaurant, STREET, in L.A. I first saw her on "Top Chef Masters," and loved her freewheeling style and amazing combinations of flavors and textures from all over the world. The other chefs loved her food - always a good sign.

When you read the book, you accompany her on some of her many travels around the world - s...more
Heather
Everything sounds yummy, and I'd order most of the food if I saw it in a restaurant. That being said, I doubt I'd make much of the fare at home. Many of the exotic ingredients would be hard to find, and if I had leftover ingredients I'd be hard-pressed to find another use for them. Some of the recipes, in particular the Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, seem random and out of place. The anecdotes seemed a bit lacking, and didn't have any of the vivaciousness that Susan Feni...more
Terri Jacobson
A fantastic book! Susan Feniger is a well known-chef (she owns Border Grill with her partner Mary Sue Milligan--they were also the "Too Hot Tamales" from the early days of Food Network--and she has appeared most recently on Top Chef Masters). The book has lots of recipes that are doable for the home cook. The book is beautifully photographed, and it also contains travelogues of her many journeys to discover food in exotic places (she even goes to Mongolia!). There are recipes for appetizers, sal...more
N
I took this out from the library and ended up buying my own copy!
Bee
The way I use cookbooks is kind of odd--I browse them for ideas and copy the recipes that I want to try at a later date. All of these recipes looked ridiculous. When I think street foot, I think easy and fast. These all seemed to have esoteric ingredients (and believe me, I'm no stranger to world markets) and seem really complicated. Plus, I was shocked that they didn't have a single crepe/blintz--no love for European street food, apparently.
Josie
A nice collection of street food from around the world. Of particular interest are the spice mix recipes.
Debbie
No, I didn't make a single recipe in this book, but I will. I also read it from cover to cover. What a wealth of knowledge! I am so excited about trying some of these new and exotic (for me, anyway) recipes.
Kimberly Nichols
Some great fun gems in here but kind of all over the place and the writing left something to be desired. I will be making some of the recipes for parties.
Heather
One of the few cookbooks I have read cover to cover, long past my bed time. I want to make pretty much everything in this entire book immediately.
Beka
Every recipe looked delicious, but unfortunately every recipe also called for an ingredient that I can't find.
Lisa Heermann
got it from my local library, and wanted to make so many recipes that I bought it.
Anonymous
Interesting recipes and ingredients. I want to try some of them.
Kelley
So...lots of interesting foods, but I found nothing that I'd make.
Mandy
Not really recipes I would cook. I was disappointed.
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 18, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 01, 2014
Austin Lomeli
Austin Lomeli is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Cantina: The Best of Casual Mexican Cooking Mexican Cooking Essentials For Dummies: Let The Stars Of Tv Food Network's Cooking With Too Hot Tamales Spice Up Your Kitchen Mexican Cooking for Dummies Great Foods of the World: Regional Italian, Mexican and Asian Cooking Mesa Mexicana