Start by marking “Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes” as Want to Read:

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published July 17th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Susan Feniger's Street Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susan Feniger's Street Food

Mrs.
I love this cookbook - fun, interesting street food recipes from around the world. Some do not require a lot of ingredients, but others do, including exotic ones that may not be available at local markets. If you take that into account and order on line (no resources are given in the book, but Amazon, Kalustyan's, and MySpiceSage are all good on line resources), you will be cooking a lot of tasty recipes that are definitely outside the box.
Crown Publishing Group
Over her thirty-year food career—from being one of the original Food Network stars and opening Border Grill to appearing on Top Chef Masters and creating STREET—celebrity chef Susan Feniger has continually found inspiration for her renowned cooking in street food carts around the world. In Susan Feniger’s Street Food, she shares 83 of her favorite recipes with home cooks, giving them a taste of these unexpected, tantalizing dishes.

On her globe-trotting adventures, with cooking and eating as the
Judy
Ohmygod I love Susan Feniger, and I love her new book, Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes. Most of all, I WANT TO - no, I MUST - go to her restaurant, STREET, in L.A. I first saw her on "Top Chef Masters," and loved her freewheeling style and amazing combinations of flavors and textures from all over the world. The other chefs loved her food - always a good sign.

When you read the book, you accompany her on some of her many travels around the world - s
Heather
Everything sounds yummy, and I'd order most of the food if I saw it in a restaurant. That being said, I doubt I'd make much of the fare at home. Many of the exotic ingredients would be hard to find, and if I had leftover ingredients I'd be hard-pressed to find another use for them. Some of the recipes, in particular the Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, seem random and out of place. The anecdotes seemed a bit lacking, and didn't have any of the vivaciousness that Susan Feni ...more
Terri Jacobson
A fantastic book! Susan Feniger is a well known-chef (she owns Border Grill with her partner Mary Sue Milligan--they were also the "Too Hot Tamales" from the early days of Food Network--and she has appeared most recently on Top Chef Masters). The book has lots of recipes that are doable for the home cook. The book is beautifully photographed, and it also contains travelogues of her many journeys to discover food in exotic places (she even goes to Mongolia!). There are recipes for appetizers, sal ...more
N
I took this out from the library and ended up buying my own copy!
Bee
The way I use cookbooks is kind of odd--I browse them for ideas and copy the recipes that I want to try at a later date. All of these recipes looked ridiculous. When I think street foot, I think easy and fast. These all seemed to have esoteric ingredients (and believe me, I'm no stranger to world markets) and seem really complicated. Plus, I was shocked that they didn't have a single crepe/blintz--no love for European street food, apparently.
Josie
A nice collection of street food from around the world. Of particular interest are the spice mix recipes.
Debbie
No, I didn't make a single recipe in this book, but I will. I also read it from cover to cover. What a wealth of knowledge! I am so excited about trying some of these new and exotic (for me, anyway) recipes.
Kimberly Nichols
Some great fun gems in here but kind of all over the place and the writing left something to be desired. I will be making some of the recipes for parties.
Heather
One of the few cookbooks I have read cover to cover, long past my bed time. I want to make pretty much everything in this entire book immediately.
Beka
Every recipe looked delicious, but unfortunately every recipe also called for an ingredient that I can't find.
Lisa Heermann
got it from my local library, and wanted to make so many recipes that I bought it.
Anonymous
Interesting recipes and ingredients. I want to try some of them.
Kelley
So...lots of interesting foods, but I found nothing that I'd make.
Mandy
Not really recipes I would cook. I was disappointed.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Kendal Ewan
Kendal Ewan marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Fabio Bonnici
Fabio Bonnici marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 26, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
joeyg
joeyg marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Min
Min marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
宇宸 王
宇宸 王 marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
  • Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends
  • Secrets of the Best Chefs: Recipes, Techniques, and Tricks from America’s Greatest Cooks
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • Japanese Farm Food
  • Ruhlman's Twenty: The Ideas and Techniques that Will Make You a Better Cook
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  • Canal House Cooks Every Day
  • Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
  • Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with Recipes
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes Carnivores Will Devour
  • Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, with Recipes
  • Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine
  • Heart of the Artichoke: and Other Kitchen Journeys
Cantina: The Best of Casual Mexican Cooking Mexican Cooking Essentials For Dummies: Let The Stars Of Tv Food Network's Cooking With Too Hot Tamales Spice Up Your Kitchen Mexican Cooking for Dummies Great Foods of the World: Regional Italian, Mexican and Asian Cooking Mesa Mexicana