Start by marking “Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  111 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Published July 17th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Susan Feniger's Street Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susan Feniger's Street Food

Mrs.
Aug 10, 2012 Mrs. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I love this cookbook - fun, interesting street food recipes from around the world. Some do not require a lot of ingredients, but others do, including exotic ones that may not be available at local markets. If you take that into account and order on line (no resources are given in the book, but Amazon, Kalustyan's, and MySpiceSage are all good on line resources), you will be cooking a lot of tasty recipes that are definitely outside the box.
Crown Publishing Group
Over her thirty-year food career—from being one of the original Food Network stars and opening Border Grill to appearing on Top Chef Masters and creating STREET—celebrity chef Susan Feniger has continually found inspiration for her renowned cooking in street food carts around the world. In Susan Feniger’s Street Food, she shares 83 of her favorite recipes with home cooks, giving them a taste of these unexpected, tantalizing dishes.

On her globe-trotting adventures, with cooking and eating as the
Judy
Aug 28, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohmygod I love Susan Feniger, and I love her new book, Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes. Most of all, I WANT TO - no, I MUST - go to her restaurant, STREET, in L.A. I first saw her on "Top Chef Masters," and loved her freewheeling style and amazing combinations of flavors and textures from all over the world. The other chefs loved her food - always a good sign.

When you read the book, you accompany her on some of her many travels around the world - s
Heather
Everything sounds yummy, and I'd order most of the food if I saw it in a restaurant. That being said, I doubt I'd make much of the fare at home. Many of the exotic ingredients would be hard to find, and if I had leftover ingredients I'd be hard-pressed to find another use for them. Some of the recipes, in particular the Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, seem random and out of place. The anecdotes seemed a bit lacking, and didn't have any of the vivaciousness that Susan Feni ...more
Terri Jacobson
Nov 02, 2012 Terri Jacobson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, travel
A fantastic book! Susan Feniger is a well known-chef (she owns Border Grill with her partner Mary Sue Milligan--they were also the "Too Hot Tamales" from the early days of Food Network--and she has appeared most recently on Top Chef Masters). The book has lots of recipes that are doable for the home cook. The book is beautifully photographed, and it also contains travelogues of her many journeys to discover food in exotic places (she even goes to Mongolia!). There are recipes for appetizers, sal ...more
N
Jul 11, 2014 N rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I took this out from the library and ended up buying my own copy!
Bee
Aug 28, 2013 Bee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The way I use cookbooks is kind of odd--I browse them for ideas and copy the recipes that I want to try at a later date. All of these recipes looked ridiculous. When I think street foot, I think easy and fast. These all seemed to have esoteric ingredients (and believe me, I'm no stranger to world markets) and seem really complicated. Plus, I was shocked that they didn't have a single crepe/blintz--no love for European street food, apparently.
Josie
Jan 07, 2014 Josie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice collection of street food from around the world. Of particular interest are the spice mix recipes.
Debbie
May 09, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
No, I didn't make a single recipe in this book, but I will. I also read it from cover to cover. What a wealth of knowledge! I am so excited about trying some of these new and exotic (for me, anyway) recipes.
Kimberly Nichols
Some great fun gems in here but kind of all over the place and the writing left something to be desired. I will be making some of the recipes for parties.
Heather
Dec 05, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the few cookbooks I have read cover to cover, long past my bed time. I want to make pretty much everything in this entire book immediately.
Beka
Feb 24, 2013 Beka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Every recipe looked delicious, but unfortunately every recipe also called for an ingredient that I can't find.
Lisa Heermann
Sep 10, 2012 Lisa Heermann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
got it from my local library, and wanted to make so many recipes that I bought it.
Anonymous
Interesting recipes and ingredients. I want to try some of them.
Kelley
Jan 16, 2013 Kelley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
So...lots of interesting foods, but I found nothing that I'd make.
Mandy
Oct 04, 2012 Mandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Not really recipes I would cook. I was disappointed.
Deb Shambrook
Deb Shambrook marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Cristi
Cristi added it
Apr 03, 2016
Sarah Al-shadhi
Sarah Al-shadhi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Mar 07, 2016
Daniel
Daniel added it
Mar 07, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Kristen Mullin
Kristen Mullin marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Tim Wolfson
Tim Wolfson rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
  • Canal House Cooks Every Day
  • Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent
  • Japanese Farm Food
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Secrets of the Best Chefs: Recipes, Techniques, and Tricks from America’s Greatest Cooks
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  • Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • Ruhlman's Twenty: The Ideas and Techniques that Will Make You a Better Cook
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America
  • Heart of the Artichoke: and Other Kitchen Journeys
  • A Boat, a Whale & a Walrus: Menus and Stories
  • The Soul of a New Cuisine: A Discovery of the Foods and Flavors of Africa
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • In Her Kitchen: Stories and Recipes from Grandmas Around the World