The Mexican Slow Cooker: Recipes for Mole, Enchiladas, Carnitas, Chile Verde Pork, and More Favorites

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A collection of 55 fix it and forget it recipes for Mexican favoritesfrom an award-winning Mexican cooking authority, in a stylish,engaging package.

When acclaimed chef and cookbook author Deborah Schneiderdiscovered that using her trusty slow cooker to make authenticMexican recipes actually enhanced their flavor while dramaticallyreducing active cooking time, it was a reve...more
Published July 31st 2012 by Ten Speed Press

Naomi
Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/RxM8a1

My opinion: As an absolute lover of Mexican cooking, I have made several recipes from this cookbook and absolutely love this book. I will be purchasing this cookbook.

The recipes are fresh and, for the most part, restaurant quality. Furthermore, they are laid out with very simple, easy to follow steps. However, there is much more prep time in these recipes than I have seen with other slow cooker cookbooks.

I do have to disagree with the Goodreads descripti...more
Sara
The only thing better than crockpots is Mexican food... hey, wait! No need to make that decision here!
And the vast majority of the recipes look delicious.
Christiana
This book is above my skill level by a lot. Most of these recipes want you to do some other type of heating before slow cooking (baking, searing, etc.). Ain't nobody got time for that! Also, I live in a culturally diverse neighborhood, but I have no idea where my closest calf's foot or tripe dealer is (and I'm still deciding whether that's something I'm brave enough for). I'm ashamed I'm not enough of a Mexican food purist for this book, but not enough to take on more than I know I can handle.
Leanda
I enjoyed the recipes I made from this book including the two salsas and the lentil soup. The roasted salsa recipe is so good and easy that I've made it five times already and will try to keep some on hand always. Salsa forever!
Kristine
Beautiful book with mouth watering pictures. I love the idea of an entire book of Mexican slow cooker recipes. That said, the recipes seemed unnecessarily time consuming for slow cooker recipes, and most recipes seemed to have at least one ingredient that was hard to find. It's my opinion that you can make amazing mexican slow cooker meals without as much labor or obscure ingredients. A fun read though, and there are two or three recipes I'll keep for future use.
lisa
Found this to be misleading, as some recipes required a lot of pre-cooking before putting it in the slow cooker, and some recipes didn't use the slow cooker at all. There was not recipe in this book I was interested in.
Michelle
Well, it was interesting enough to read, but way too meaty for me. Just the fact that it includes the ingredients "tripe" and "calf's foot" rates it a 3 star only. Plus, NO NUTRITIONAL INFO. Sigh.
Linda
These recipes are too Mexican for me. For someone who wants true Mexican food it will probably be wonderful
Marci Myers
Loved this cookbook. Would've given it 5 stars if it had a few more of my favorites in it.
Terry
Some of the recipes look intriguing but many had ingredients that I can not find near my home.
Meghan
I'm lazy and these recipes were too time intensive for what I want to do in the slow cooker.
Trish
This book has some yummy recipes. I wish there were more pictures.
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 01, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Debbye
Debbye added it
May 15, 2014
Amalia Andara
Amalia Andara marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Beneath a Silver Moon Amor y Tacos: Modern Mexican Tacos, Margaritas, and Antojitos Should You Really Be a Lawyer?: The Guide to Smart Career Choices Before, During & After Law School Promise Me Beneath A Silver Moon