Start by marking “Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus” as Want to Read:
Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus

Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus

Published October 28th 1999 by Shadow Mountain (first published October 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus

Beth Pearson
Dec 26, 2014 Beth Pearson rated it really liked it
I read this book when it first came out 15 years ago and it was nice to read again during the busyness of is like short essays that you can read one, put down, and come back to a few days later without needing to remember what you've been reading. A cute, funny compilations of a life time of stories of dealing with, hoping for, and acting like Santa Claus over the years.
Aug 05, 2011 Michele rated it liked it
A friend gave this to me for Christmas. I figured if I read it in August it would cool me off. Coupled with reading and tiger's blood sno cone, it wasn't bad.
This was fun for me because I had his wife as my professor in college. I knew both of them and it was an interesting read.
He writes well, and he had some fun thoughts on gool ol' Santa:
The fact is, Santa stays with us. He spans our transitions from childhood to adulthood. He symbolizes the kindly adult male that men wish they could be an
Dec 30, 2009 Jeanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: memoir
The best thing about this book is knowing Tom and Louise Plummer a bit (I had a memoir class from them--completely awesome class, btw). Because of that, I could totally see them doing the things that happen in these little vignettes about Christmas.

The other best thing was all the "letters to Santa" from various supposed people; I particularly enjoyed the one about the person whose alarm clock didn't work right (and all the things the person did to try to wake up--I could definitely relate).

Jan 26, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
I just like Tom Plummer. I am biased. I love his book Eating Chocolates and Dancing in the Kitchen. This little book is a collection of funny essays about his antics playing Santa over the years. Sprinkled throughout are letters to Santa detailing Christmas wishes from adults and children--some sweet, some poignant. It's an entertaining Christmas read for adults.
Dec 26, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Tom Plummer loves Christmas, and he loves playing Santa Claus. This fun little book is chock full of his observations on both. He's had people both naughty and nice sit on his knee, and the season has brought out the naughtiness and niceness in himself as well. In between the essays are letters to Santa from various people of all ages. A sweet and jolly Christmas read!
Mar 20, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
A cute Christmas book. He talks about dressing up as Santa. The best part of the book is the different Santa letters that people have written. Those letters brough tears to my eyes and laughter to my soul.
A collection of the author's Christmas memories, experiences as one of Santa's helpers, and letters to Santa written by adults of all ages--some funny, some tender.
Feb 28, 2008 Cara rated it really liked it
I think I mostly liked this book because I had the author as a professor in college and loved his classes, but the humor is great.
Sep 15, 2007 Christie rated it really liked it
I enjoy Tom Plummer, and this book is no exception. He relates personal anecdotes about Santa and the holidays.
Jun 05, 2013 Dalene rated it it was amazing
I have a secret crush on Tom Plummer as Santa Claus. This is a must-read for me every Christmas.
May 10, 2011 Ruby rated it liked it
Charming stories about the spirit of Christmas by a friend of Lori Sherman's dad.
Nov 29, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
We know the author, so I expected it to be funny. It is.
Sep 12, 2008 Phyllisa rated it it was amazing
Another great, practical, witty book by Plummer.
Shawna marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Lily Hayes
Lily Hayes rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2015
Erin Mathias
Erin Mathias rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Samara rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Liza marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Sherron de la Cruz
Sherron de la Cruz rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Jill Bankston grant
Jill Bankston grant rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Ann Winn
Ann Winn marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Estella rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2012
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Daryoung rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2012
books are ok, I guess
books are ok, I guess marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012