Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus

Don't Bite Me, I'm Santa Claus

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Published October 28th 1999 by Shadow Mountain (first published October 1999)

Michele
A friend gave this to me for Christmas. I figured if I read it in August it would cool me off. Coupled with reading and tiger's blood sno cone, it wasn't bad.
This was fun for me because I had his wife as my professor in college. I knew both of them and it was an interesting read.
He writes well, and he had some fun thoughts on gool ol' Santa:
The fact is, Santa stays with us. He spans our transitions from childhood to adulthood. He symbolizes the kindly adult male that men wish they could be an...more
Jeanna
The best thing about this book is knowing Tom and Louise Plummer a bit (I had a memoir class from them--completely awesome class, btw). Because of that, I could totally see them doing the things that happen in these little vignettes about Christmas.

The other best thing was all the "letters to Santa" from various supposed people; I particularly enjoyed the one about the person whose alarm clock didn't work right (and all the things the person did to try to wake up--I could definitely relate).

But...more
Heather
I just like Tom Plummer. I am biased. I love his book Eating Chocolates and Dancing in the Kitchen. This little book is a collection of funny essays about his antics playing Santa over the years. Sprinkled throughout are letters to Santa detailing Christmas wishes from adults and children--some sweet, some poignant. It's an entertaining Christmas read for adults.
Jessica
Tom Plummer loves Christmas, and he loves playing Santa Claus. This fun little book is chock full of his observations on both. He's had people both naughty and nice sit on his knee, and the season has brought out the naughtiness and niceness in himself as well. In between the essays are letters to Santa from various people of all ages. A sweet and jolly Christmas read!
Erin
A cute Christmas book. He talks about dressing up as Santa. The best part of the book is the different Santa letters that people have written. Those letters brough tears to my eyes and laughter to my soul.
Shanda
A collection of the author's Christmas memories, experiences as one of Santa's helpers, and letters to Santa written by adults of all ages--some funny, some tender.
Cara
I think I mostly liked this book because I had the author as a professor in college and loved his classes, but the humor is great.
Christie
I enjoy Tom Plummer, and this book is no exception. He relates personal anecdotes about Santa and the holidays.
Dalene
I have a secret crush on Tom Plummer as Santa Claus. This is a must-read for me every Christmas.
Ruby
Charming stories about the spirit of Christmas by a friend of Lori Sherman's dad.
Karen Giauque
We know the author, so I expected it to be funny. It is.
Phyllisa
Another great, practical, witty book by Plummer.
Liza
Liza marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Ann Winn
Ann Winn marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
books are ok, I guess
books are ok, I guess marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2012
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Eating Chocolates and Dancing in the Kitchen: Sketches of Marriage and Family Waltzing To A Different Strummer Second Wind: Variations on a Theme of Growing Older