Start by marking “Bonhomme Richard vs Serapis: Flamborough Head 1779” as Want to Read:
Bonhomme Richard vs Serapis: Flamborough Head 1779

Bonhomme Richard vs Serapis: Flamborough Head 1779 (Duel #44)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The clash between the American Bonhomme Richard and the British HMS Serapis during the American Revolutionary War is perhaps the most famous single-ship duel in history. This epic battle between two very similar ships - and crews - off the coast of Britain in September 1779 created two naval heroes: in victory John Paul Jones became a figure that all future American naval ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Osprey Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bonhomme Richard vs Serapis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonhomme Richard vs Serapis

Frédéric
So you know, I couldn't pick up a brig from a sloop or a frigate, even if my life depended upon it.
Being no naval buff, I wasn't expecting much of this book, which I was reading only because in my collection of "american war of independance" Ospreys.

Yet, I was delighted.

This is probably the first time I've read some naval battle book that considered me as someone who has no knowledge of naval affairs and that takes the time to explain things to me. Ok, I don't read that much books on naval bat
Jeff
One of the best Osprey Duel series books I have read so far. The detailed description of the ships, crews, and battle are outstanding. Highly recommended.
Cb
Cb added it
May 22, 2015
John somers
John somers marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Kohl
Kohl marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012

Duel (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • P-51 Mustang vs Fw 190: Europe 1943-45
  • Sopwith Camel vs Fokker Dr I: Western Front 1917-18
  • P-40 Warhawk vs Ki-43 Oscar: China 1944-45
  • Victory vs Redoutable: Ships of the line at Trafalgar 1805
  • M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943
African American Soldier in the American Civil War: USCT 1862-66 Constitution vs Guerriere: Frigates during the War of 1812 Roughshod Through Dixie - Grierson's Raid 1863 American Light and Medium Frigates 1794-1836 CSS Alabama vs USS Kearsarge: Cherbourg 1864