Tyler Florence Fresh

Tyler Florence Fresh

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Tyler turns ingredients into superstars in Tyler Florence Fresh, a new look at easy and sophisticated cuisine.

Tyler Florence shows off his bold side with a celebration of fresh everyday foods prepared in innovative and delicious ways. Using each fresh ingredient as a launching pad, Tyler builds innovative dishes flavor by flavor, showing you how to put easy-to-find ingredi...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

Natashya KitchenPuppies
Tyler Florence Fresh is a big, beautiful, almost coffee-table-style book. The recipes are not overly complicated, but I would say that they are aimed at people who are comfortable in the kitchen and want to take their cooking to the next level. He balances sophistication with fresh ingredients and unfussy presentation, resulting in stunning dishes you would be proud to serve your guests.

See my full review here - http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies....
Debby
Full disclosure: I haven't made a single recipe from this cookbook. Yet.
I have the iPad version, and I have to say that the photos are stunning.
This is not a cookbook for beginner cooks. It's also not "comfort food". Tyler has created recipes that are focused on fresh and organic-- all good. The presentation of the dishes are gorgeous, but they look pretty much look "deconstructed" I bookmarked several recipes I definitely would make. These recipes, I think, would most appeal to the gourmet type...more
Betsy
Buy this book for the pictures, not the recipes or the preaching about the lousy American diet. A diet eaten, by the way, by no one who would ever cook from this book. Also, did Tyler Florence forget that he was shilling for Applebee's a few years ago?
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ #teampain member
3.5 Stars

Firstly, this book is beautiful whomever this photographer, John Lee, is did a fantastic job. This is high cooking & Tyler Florence does it wonderfully. He appears to have a penchant for re-imagining classic dishes. I would not recommend this book to a novice. There are several ingredients used that are not readily available & virtually every recipe has 3-4 components that must be made separately. The majority of the recipes require time & dedication; there are a few that sh...more
Jocelin
Of course Tyler Florence is a cutie and the plus side is that he can cook. He has such a great passion for food and I think that's great. As I was reading this cookbook, there were a lot of recipes that were really out there. They were a little more adventurous than I would want to try. I did like the fact that he talked about the benefits of eating different foods for their health benefits. This was a hefty book; the pictures and the information in the book really great.
Wendy
As a cookbook, this was fun to page through because of the beautiful photos. I'd probably eat almost any of the dishes in a restaurant, but I don't think they're realistic for home cooks. Too many ingredients, too many steps. The real standout here is the first chapter, which has an awesome history of how food in this country went from fresh and natural to processed and packaged. It feels like he summed up the whole book Sugar, Salt, Fat in three pages!
Michele Yates
Tyler Florence's new book about healthier eating, but not at the expense of beautiful presentation and flavor. Organized around specific foods. Great photography. His research and observations on how to address lifestyle-related obesity and disease are very inspirational. So happy to see him make this comeback, after his Applebee debacle a few years back.
Love & Flour
I loved the "use fresh ingredients" approach of this cookbook. I enjoyed the writing - the short essays on ingredients like clams and asparagus and so forth -, and the photography was also interesting. It was a bit difficult to understand the organization, and some of the recipes seem like they would take all day to prepare, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Mia
In simple words, this is not a cookbook for your average family on a middle class budget. I really do find him riveting on television. Several of his recipes have even made it to my dinner table. However, I thought "Fresh" was going to be more along the lines of vegetarian fare. instead, it's more reflective of, shall we say, fancy fare.
Becky R.
Super fussy food and recipes, but the pictures are gorgeous and his notes on ingredients and techniques are really nice. The introduction is a great read that gets to the heart of his philosophy on food and cooking. I can't say I'll be cooking much from here, but I love his wealth of knowledge and passion.
Erin
I have yet to try the recipes, but this book is beautiful. The pictures are amazing. And of course I loved all the science (and history) involved in each section.

The ingredients are definitely not my typical purchases, but there are several I would like to try.
Beka
Gorgeous pictures, but all of the food seemed a little out of reach for a home cook. (Not that you couldn't, but you just wouldn't want to spend all the money and time that it would require.) I prefer his more approachable books.
Kelly Barrett
Pros: beautiful photography, fresh recipes, would love to try many of these recipes

Cons: several recipes require pricy equipment, difficult to obtain or pricy ingredients, fairly complicated recipes to prepare
Barbara
Beautiful pictures. Sometimes that's all I care about. But this isn't a cookbook for the average person. You could never find these ingredients at your local supermarket.
Aj
Pretty as quality looking recipes, but nothing is make. At least with little people and a seasonal-oriented kitchen.
Kerry
What a disappointment! Love all of his other cookbooks and this is just totally inaccessible to the average home cook.
Keri
Really gorgeous cookbook and I really want to make the frozen raspberry chocolate bombs...yum!
I love food, I love cookbooks, this one is not for me, to fussy, to contrived, too much.
Maureen Flatley
Classic Tyler Florence...recipes, narrative, fabulous.
Failfoxaway3
Failfoxaway3 marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Dee Dollins
Dee Dollins marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Kristian
Kristian is currently reading it
May 14, 2014
Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Any Time Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook Eat This Book: Cooking with Global Fresh Flavors Tyler's Ultimate: Dinner at My Place Start Fresh: Your Child's Jump Start to Lifelong Healthy Eating