Start by marking “Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)

Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  643 ratings  ·  64 reviews
The Greek gods are alive and well. But, unfortunately for the gods, the humans have all but forgotten their glorious existence…and this fact really pisses off the all-powerful, immortal beings.

Apollo, the Greek god of the sun, takes one look at the mysterious Terese Lafitte and knows that he wants her. Even in this modern century, a god takes what he wants. But Terese isn
Published August 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Bleed For Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleed For Me

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. Ward
I'd Hit That!
411th out of 613 books — 264 voters
Finale by Becca FitzpatrickCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickUndeadly by Michele VailSilence by Becca FitzpatrickHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Best dark romance books
53rd out of 93 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Holly
A wonderful mix of two of my favorite topics; Greek mythology and vampires. Add in some insanely hot love scenes, and you have a recipe for an awesome novella.

The Sun god Apollo falls hard for a newly turned vampire. The chemistry is smoking hot, and the danger element involving the vampire who 'turned' Therese works well. I am amazed at just how much Eden was was able to pack into this short story. And while I would have preferred this to be a full length novel, the story didn't feel unfinishe
Melindeeloo
2.5 stars = okay to pretty good - Apollo is hanging out at Hades, his brother's bar looking for some female company to break up the eternal boredom when he spies the dark haired beauty. Apollo likes a challenge and when Terese - a vamp newbie looking for her first meal - turns him down the chase is on. Terese wants a man that she can control and she can tell that the golden hunk is more than a match for her untested vamp powers, but he's very persuasive and a girl's gotta eat...

I liked the idea
Laura the Highland Hussy
First impression: Greek gods? yep, I'm in!

This is a new direction for Cynthia Eden. She’s added gods and goddesses to her repertoire in this Loved by Gods series.

I really liked Apollo. He was a sexy and possessive and everything I like in an alpha male (without being the dreaded "alpha-hole" character).

Terese is a new vampire who needs to feed, and she is used to being the biggest and the baddest, so to speak. But mistaking Apollo for just another man leads to a night of crazy sexiness.

And it
Jill
Sexy Greek gods and vampires!!!! Tell me this is not just a one off, tell me we will get more of this world!!!!!

Short but boy did this book pack a punch. Maybe because it combined two of my favourite things vampires and greek mythology? Who cares!! It was just a good satisfying pr book and I will be looking out to see if we get Artemis's book or Ares. In fact any of them would do!!
Saly
Too short to actually forge a connection . Hero is the god of the sun and heroine a newly turned vampire who needs blood, is running from her maker and thinks she is a monster. Loads of sex ensues , insta- luv from hero's side and you are mine and he vanquishes the bad guy. Not bad but too short to be memorable .
Cherri-Anne
WOW! A terrific short story!!!

This is a terrific short story from Cynthia Eden that has a hilarious twist – Apollo (yes, the Greek God of the Sun) sees this woman in his brother Ares bar aptly named Hades (ha! Love that name!) and since he still has the same Greek God mentality, what/who he wants, he gets. Well, the ultimate joke is on him! His chosen woman is Terese Lafitte, but she is no “ordinary” woman. Yup you guessed it. She is a Vampire! A Vampire and the Greek God of Sun???? Oh, trust me
Chelsea
Bleed For Me was a great story. It combined two of my favorite types of books, Vampire Romance and Greek Mythology!
When I read what this book was about I thought "It's too good to be true!" but nope it was true and I was not disappointed.
I loved the characters in this book. Terese was a very strong character that refused to be the monster that she was convinced she was. She was only slightly bitter about the fact that she had been turned into a monster by a douche and handled it with great matu
Victoria
Loved it! Cynthia's novellas are great. They give me just enough to keep me going until the next one of her novels arrives :).

We have Apollo bored and hanging out in Ares bar. The gods like to hang in the mortal world. Gives them something to occupy themselves with since they are no longer worshiped as they once were. This night in comes the beautiful Terese. All the males notice her as well as Apollo. He decides she's going to be his for the night.
Terese on the other hand is hungry and looking
Douglas Meeks
Bleed For Me (Loved By Gods, #1)Bleed For Me by Cynthia Eden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This WAS a good story, it did however follow a few easy plot starters like the "MINE" effect and the damsel in distress but by books end you are happy with it, wish it would go longer and find you have enjoyed this quick romp. Terese is a new vampire and on the run from the evil vampire that "turned" her, Apollo is exactly that, Apollo God of the Sun (not a match made in heaven for a vampire who become crispy critters in the sun). The story is
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
“And who might you be, my lovely?”

“Terese Lafitte.”

“It’s a pleasure to—”

“Cut the shit and stop hitting on her,”- Apollo

Another 5 stars for Cynthia Eden.
Bleed For Me is the first book in Loved By God series.Although it is a short story,it definitely isn't boring.
Apollo,the God of the sun,is bored and hanging out in Are's bar,the God of war.Terese Lafitte needs blood and the only way to get it is to find a willing host.And who's better than a God?The biggest irony of the story is that they are b
Cindy
What happens when a god from Mt. Olympus in the 21st century falls for a vampire on the prowl for a little snack? Especially when the god is the SUN god Apollo, death to vampires! And the vampire is on the run from her creator-a vampire of some power who won't take no for an answer? God help them all...because Apollo will stop at nothing to keep the woman he has found and fallen for and the woman will stop at nothing to protect her god of a man. It's a love story, it's an action adventure story, ...more
Katrin
Terese was his. HIS. The perfect match for his bed. The only woman who'd ever equaled his passion. And the thought of her with other was unacceptable. God don't share!

An Olympian God and a vampire! What a mix?! Especially the god of sun. This book is one of the strangest combination I've ever read, but two thumbs up for Cynthia Eden.
Khristine Stain
Another wonderful Cynthia Eden Novella!

I like this new 'world' she wrote in. It is not the paranormal world you may be used to with her Midnight/Nightwatch series. The rules have changed this time around. Gods walk the earth. The vamps are darker. The heat we all come to expect in a Cynthia Eden novel is still there and its scorching.

I especially like how she set up for the next novellas (I am assuming and hoping!) throughout the story. This is looking to be another outstanding novella series.
Bube
" Love is enternal...
And so are the Gods."

Before this book,I read series Bound by Cynthia Eden,and I have to say that Cynthia has phenomenal,naturally,understandable style of writing, and I really like her books,this is another her fabulous book, one of the series Loved by Gods...
Appolo and Teresa are the perfect couple!
Perfect dialogues, everything in it's place, and I can't wait for the next book to come out!

Bravo Cynthia!

Give us more books for the irresistible gods! :))
Ana
Jenny Delandro
She was an artist who loved to paint sunsets..
But she was turned into vampire by an arrogant vampire elder who decided she was going to be his new plaything...
She ran away
He was a bored immortal god sitting in his brothers bar when she walked in ... and suddenly he was not bored anymore...
They make fireworks happen and her maker tries to cause trouble.
But drinking from a sun god has unexpected benefits
Loved it but is was way to short...
I know it was a novella.. but I wanted more..
Already on the
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Purchased on Amazon

Terese Lafitte has a big problem. She needs to feed and now. Unfortunately, the bar she walks into has a big oaf bugging her. He may be a handsome big oaf with plenty of sex appeal, but since she’s a newbie vampire with very little bonus points such as strength and mesmerizing humans, she needs to feed on a puny guy she can overpower. But Apollo won’t leave her alone. Desperate to feed she decides he’s big and strong enough that he won’t be affected by her takin
Heather Wiese
I really like Cynthia Eden's books. They are hot romances that also make me laugh. :) I would say I probably liked this one a bit less then the books in the Bound series, but still good.

Terese is a newly turned vampire who was force-changed by her crazy vampire stalker. I am not going to call him her ex-boyfriend because I think they went on one date before crazy made itself known and she tried to extract herself. Obviously, that didn't go over well. She has temporarily escaped from him and is
Stephanie
Original Post at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust on 11/4/2012
Bleed for Me: Lots of Hot Sex, Less Hot Story

BLEED FOR ME
By Cynthia Eden
Author Published
e-short 76 pages
Blogger purchase (it's only .99)

Sandy
BLEED FOR ME (Loved By Gods #1) by Cynthia Eden

BLEED FOR ME is the first novella in Cynthia Eden’s new LOVED BY GODS series. With the combination of both vampire and Greek Gods, Cynthia has blended two of the paranormal storylines most popular creatures.

Terese Lafitte needed blood. It had been one month since she was brutally turned and she had yet to feed, so entering HADES, a popular night club would hopefully find her a willing host. Dressed for a night on the town, Terese knew she had found
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Sep 13, 2012 Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Tina
Shelves: read-in-2012

Review also posted at Under the Covers Book Blog

I love Ms. Eden’s Angel series, and when I saw a friend reading this on Goodreads, I could not resist.

Ms. Eden did a great job with this Greek-God-finally-meet-his-mate story. Terese Lafitte, a newly turned vamp was in need to feed and wouldn’t you know it, she meets the Sun God, Apollo. And in most books I’ve read including this one, Apollo is portrayed bored and in search of a woman who will leave him enthralled. Terese did just that and brought
Joyfully Reviewed
Loved by the Gods, Book 1

Terese Lafitte is in a tough situation. She is hungry. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem but her ex-boyfriend had the audacity to turn her into a vampire. She finally escaped her crazy ex and all she wants to do is feed but she doesn’t want to hurt anyone. Good thing she walked into the right bar.

Apollo, God of the Sun isn’t the type of guy to settle down but when he spots the sexy Terese he wants her like he’s never wanted anything. Terese and Apollo cannot deny the p
Nicole
Lettee
I always say this: I love Cynthia Eden's writing. I also state that I won't give a lot of details away in my reviews, because not only can it ruin for you readers, but also, if I write a book of a review about the book, why would you even read the actual book then?!!

Anyways, this book was really short. I was surprised. You have a God who finds himself wanting a Vampire and the Vampire wanting the God in return. You also have a Sire of this Vampire that wants her all to himself. You have vengeanc
Nina
What do you get when you put a vampiress & the sun god together? A wonderfully sexy story that's what! Bleed For Me by Cynthia Eden was a fantastic read. I loved this new world that Cynthia has created. Thrown into the mix of the paranormal world & creatures is Greek mythology featuring Gods which I love and Cynthia mashed them up so well together. For a short read, Bleed For Me packed in plenty of action & steam. I

n fact, this may be the steamiest read that I've read from Cynthia (a
Audrie Cruz-Sealey
Apollo is the Sun God! Too bad that today's society doesn't worship those types of gods anymore so the gods have gone underground. Apollo is enjoying a drink at his brother's, Ares, bar called Hades. Then she walks in...

Terese is a new vampire who just escaped her stalker, murderous, sire Eric. Terese is now so hungry that she has walked into Hades hoping to find a weak man that she can possible overpower...instead she gets Apollo.

Apollo is totally taken with how beautiful Terese is and she is d
Monty Cupcake
Greek mythology + vampires, of course I read this. Greek mythology was my love way before vamps became all cool and popular.
Mara
I'm a fan of Ms Eden. I usually love her novellas/novels. Maybe not all of them, all the time, but this is truly the first time I really didn't like at all one of her stories.

Her other novellas lean heavily on a well known world-building (either existing in the genre or her own). Here when she's trying to create something new, it came out mangled, unclear, irritating in its absurdities. (To twist a well known cliqué/story/name it you really have to know it in depth.)

But the world-building sustai
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
My Thoughts:
This story seems to have mixed reviews but I enjoyed the pairing of a God with a vampire. It was a short story so the character background wasn't present. However, the story was rich
Bobbie
I wanted more of the story. Other than that, once again Cynthia Eden has another great read. A must quick read for fans of vamps and gods.
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • The Twisted Kiss (Doomsyear, #1)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Namesake (Voiders, #1)
  • Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
  • Saving His Mate (Crescent Moon, #4)
  • Golden Stair (Blood Prince, #3)
  • Azazel (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Bless the Beauty (Special Agent Fang, #1)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • Knives and Sheaths (Guild Hunter, #5.5)
  • Bite Me (London Undead, #1)
  • Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1)
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden has written over thirty novels and novellas. She was named as a 2013 RITA® finalist for her paranormal romance, ANGEL IN CHAINS, and, in 2011, Cynthia Eden was a RITA finalist for her romantic suspense, DEADLY FEAR.

Cynthia is a southern girl who loves horror movies, chocolate, and happy endings. She has always wanted to write (don't mos
More about Cynthia Eden...
Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) Bound by Blood (Bound #1) Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) Mine to Take (Mine, #1) Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1)