Start by marking “Unlocking her Innocence” as Want to Read:
Unlocking her Innocence

Unlocking her Innocence

An impossible attraction

Three years ago Ava Fitzgerald stole what was most important to billionaire Vito Barbieri - his brother's life - leaving an insurmountable void in his once full and pleasurable existence.

Since her release from prison Ava has agonised over her fragmented memories from that night - her misguided play for Vito, his humiliating rejection and then...no
Published August 17th 2012 by Harlequin UK (first published January 1st 2012)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
It is an incredible coincidence that I read two Lynne Graham books within days of each other, and each has a hero named Vito and a heroine who is a redhead and who has a strangely similar family history (with a few differences). Honest to goodness, I didn't do that deliberately. It was just one of those serendipity things.

I know some readers might be annoyed by the fact that the plot is slightly recycled. I wasn't. I think that in a long writing career, that's bound to happen to a prolific write
RLA
Aug 07, 2012 RLA rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Reading the blurb made me feel excited about reading this one, and I needed that excitement to actually make me want to read this latest offering from Lynne Graham.

I love revenge stories, (I think this might be one of my favourite tropes, second only to secret babies!) and this on has the added surprise of a heroine whom has been in prison. Whilst reading I actually found that it isn't actually very revengey, but still an enjoyable book.

Where the last few Lynne Graham books have suffe
willaful
This had the bare bones of an interesting story -- the heroine is just out of jail, after killing the hero's brother while driving drunk -- but pretty much nothing on those bones. It was short, sparse, and shallow. The only character that had any life, ironically, was the dead brother.
Dalia
Aug 07, 2012 Dalia rated it really liked it
3.5 -4 stars
This is a decent read. Ava is a strong & feisty heroine. She has been through a lot. Not only her guilt &  her time in prison ( for the death of her best friend, Olly, Vito' brother )  but also her wretched childhood, her selfish mother & her indifferent " supposed" father.
Vito is a gentler version of LG' s alpha heroes but with the same " i dont  d love, i dont do marriage" attitude. I likes how Ava kept surprising him  all the time.
Jacqueline
Interesting premise. I liked this one on the whole. The hero could not stay away from the heroine even though as far as anyone knew, she had killed his brother in a drunk driving accident. He was pretty hot for her and the love scenes were well done. The change from anger to his realization that he loved her was a nice logical progression. He was never really nasty to her. She was a nice strong character and I liked her.
Sapheron
Someone said that this was Lynne Graham returning to form (not verbatim, I'm too lazy to look back at the review) and I kind of agree... to an extent. I'd often had my own HP fantasy idea (don't we all) in which the heroine spends a few years in prison before being let out, but I'd always ignored the OTT elements and the implausibility of some of my reasonings when lost in thought, for the sheer angsty delight to be had. For this fact, I was very eager to get this book when I heard the h had bee ...more
Vashti
Aug 10, 2012 Vashti rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read this latest offering from one of my most favorite of the Harlequin authors.Ava and Vito have a past ,and not a good one at that.Three years ago she was sent to prison for causing the death of Vito's beloved half brother Oliver aka"olly". Ava and Olly were best friends .As part of her work release ,she is sent to work for a company that Vito owns unknown to her.They meet again when she serves him coffee during a staff meeting.The book for me progressed quickly from there.Ava has al ...more
Missy
Mar 30, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it
A great read.

I really like Ava, she was still a thoughtful and caring person after a hurtful past. She still manages to be a good person.......and she has suffered so much! I liked her determination. I kept rooting for her happiness.....she so deserved a happy ending and some hunky man to worship her.

Vito comes off as one of those "arrogant I am always right" men and kind of cold in his determination to seduce her in his revenge plot. He really believes she is guilty and does little to see the o
Linda Sims
May 21, 2013 Linda Sims rated it liked it
PREDICTABLE

This is an okay read from LG. Ava Fitzgerald has just been realeased from prison, after serving her sentence for the death of her best friend, in a driving accident. He was also the brother of Vito Barbari. A man that Ava in the past had been rejected by. Ava has a job to go to via a work placement scheme for ex-offenders. Ava has no memory of that terrible night, but the guilt of what she has done stays with her.

To her absolute shock and horror it's in a company owned by Vito, she fu
sbf20112011
Aug 08, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
Not the best Lynne Graham I've ever read, but solid. I do enjoy a martyr heroine and a hero drawn to her against his will -- this one had both. Nice epilogue.
Vintage
Given the nature of the original premise, that the h was responsible for the H's younger brother's death due to a drunk driving accident, this had surprising little angst and arm twisting. As in none. The H is a veritable saint, a lust-filled, arrogant, 6' something H with commitment issues, but a saint nonetheless in regard to forgiving the girl responsible for his half-brother's death.

The h and H's chemistry has simmered since they first met when she was Ollie's, his younger half-brother, best
Kathleen
About 3.5 stars. An enjoyable read, but not as good as some, like Bond of Hatred.

Ava is in love with Vito, her wealthy playboy neighbor. He is attracted to her, but fights it, because she is only 18. Ava goes to prison for driving while under the influence and killing Olly, Vito's young brother and her best friend.

When Ava gets out of prison three years later, the story begins. She gets a job working at Vito's company, not realizing it. Vito sees her, is attracted to her, resists, succumbs. It's
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Meh, this one wasn't that good. I know a lot of Lynne Graham fans don't like her later stuff as much, and this was published this year (2012). It's not easy to put my finger on what the book lacks exactly. It seems for one thing that she amped up the unrealistic chemistry to an annoying level. Sizzling looks, weird touches, that sort of thing.

The blurb made it sound like angst-filled drama but there was very little drama and intensity really. I did like the main characters well enough but they
Ms Fine
Oct 23, 2012 Ms Fine rated it it was amazing

Favorite part: he looked to Ava to finally take part in the proceedings because he could not credit that she would let him do the choosing, and he was stunned to see that silent tears were rolling down her cheeks. She seemed totally unaware that she was
crying in a public place …-- naiyak rin ako, medyo madrama pero nagustuhan ko. Kakaiba sa mga LG, usually her heroines are weak in the beginning, the heroine here was so strong that she did not need the hero, she's not the clingy type and would n
Cady Lorenzana
Oct 09, 2014 Cady Lorenzana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Its a shame that I have stuck this book for months and just got to have read it. Not really a fan of Lynne Graham but I absolutely love this book. I loved Vito being pussy whipped. lol. And Ava---for being fierce, feisty heroine. I also loved it for having dogs in the stories. It was just soooo cute. So much for being a dog lover.
Annie Burrows
Sep 17, 2012 Annie Burrows rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of Lynne Graham's writing, you won't be disappointed by this story. She is on form with this one!
Kaycee ❤️
This was by far my favorite read so far. And reading this book reminded me why I love this author’s books so much. Ms. Lynne Graham continues to amaze me with the way she can get into her characters’ heads and describe all they are thinking and feeling in the pages of a book. I call this my “angst done right” book. Angsty and emotionally charged read, which could have been a disaster if it wasn’t for the fact that the author did a very good job with the characterization and the pacing of the sto ...more
Maura
Mary Dulaney
Three years previous, Ava Fitzgerald went to prison for the drunk driving death of Vito Barbieri's beloved brother. Now that she's out, she finds herself employed by that same Vito who hates her and is determined to have his revenge on her.

(view spoiler) Over all, this was a nice, (view spoiler) story of redemption and justice.
HÜLYA
Dec 12, 2013 HÜLYA rated it really liked it
Bu ayki Special Editon sayısın en güzeli hikayesi idi bence.Çok dokunaklı tutkulu bir hikaye vardı ve Lynne Graham'ın kaleminden okumak da bambaşka güzel idi.Konu oldukça değişik idi.Yine noel zamanı geçiyordu yeni başlangıçlar ile yıoğrulmuş ikini şans hikayesi idi..Ava hapishaneden şartlı tahliye ile çıkmıştı..Hapisten çıkar çıkmaz da iş bulabilmesi çok büyük şans idi..Fakat çalışacağı şirketin sahibi hapise girmesine sebep olan ölümünden sorumlu olduğu Olyy'nin ağabeyi Vito Barbieri çıkması i ...more
Aisha
Jan 01, 2013 Aisha rated it really liked it
Ok, just for the record, I'm a huge fan of Lynne Graham. And she didn't dissapointed me with this book. But I have to say that this one is not the best. It's well written and the reading is easy and fluid, but it has some weaknesses in a few parts. My fave part was, as someone wrote, when Vito sees that single tear running Ava's cheek while he-she wasn't there at all!- was shopping clothes for her. It was a very good scene. For tge other hand, the suddenly witness at the night of the accident wa ...more
Mtld
Dec 31, 2013 Mtld rated it liked it
Επρεπε να υποψιαστώ από τον τίτλο ότι δε θα μου αρεσε αλλά προσπαθω να ελέγχω την καχυποψία μου.Αυτη τη φορα ήταν λάθος να δείξω ανεκτικότητα.
Ο ηρωας ηταν καλος αλλά, η ηρωιδα από ενοχλητική ως αντιπαθεστατη.
Μια κακομοιρα Σταχτοπουτα, γεματη ανασφαλειες και ενοχες, ρίχνει μια βαριά σκιά στην ιστορία και την ξενερωνει.
Ειχα καιρό που αντιμετωπιζα την συγκεκριμενη συγραφεα με επιφύλαξη και δεν έκανε τίποτα για να μου αλλάξει τη διαθεση.
Οι 2 αδερφες της σταχτοπουτας ηταν τελείως απαραίτητες στην πλο
Paige
Nov 20, 2014 Paige rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books
I had a hard time buying into this romance.

Ava Fitzgerald allegedly killed her best friend in a drunk driving crash three years ago.

Now she's out of jail and through a program has been placed to work in a company that Vito Barbieri has just bought. Vito's brother is the friend she killed.

How Vito could calmly let her continue to work for him, desire her and later give her a luxury job of planning his first Christmas party since his brother's death is beyond me.

Ava on the other had a huge cru
Tonya Warner
Ava Fitzgerald was convicted of killing her best friend while driving drunk. While working thru an early release program to help convicts get back on their feet, she finds she is now working for the very man she owes the most to.

Vito Barbieri finds him face to face with his brother's killer. Ava took away the joy and happiness from his life. She might not be the same goth girl she had been, but he knew he needed to keep her from his life. But wanting and doing were not the same thing.

Ok.
Tia
Aug 08, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
When I read the description, this book gave me hope that it would be amazing. However it wasn't to me at all. I love the revenge type books and thought this one would have major angst but it didn't. The hero was a bit rude but not passionate about it. There was no typical revenge, like other books. I was left disappointed. While this novel was decent to read, it didn't give me any tingles or make me excited about the novel. I was on the fence with the rating. I gave it three stars but really it' ...more
Lenore Kosinski
3.5 stars -- waffled whether to round up or down. LOVED the feistiness of Ava, and even enjoyed the passionate arguments she and Vito would get involved in. Normally I am a SUCKER for the downtrodden heroine, but it didn't work as well for me today, probably b/c she really had like NOTHING going right for her. But she and Vito went well together. So it was good, but not high up for the Lynne Graham books I've read....
Stephanie
Apr 06, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
I was expecting more from this story from reading the blurb. I was getting hyped up maybe thinking that she'd have flashy visions of that night throughout the book. my heart broke when she walked home after seeing her 'father' but that was about it. the story had promise though but was still an enjoyable read
Eve Nolon
Mar 27, 2015 Eve Nolon rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2015
I am in one of those moods when all I want to do is read recycled Lynne Graham plots so I am taking the weekend to do just that. However, this story is actually atypical of a Graham novel and I liked it for all the changes as much as all of the things I can count on in an HP by LG. I am marking this for re-read when I have another HP lovefest.
Jill Hardy
Feb 12, 2013 Jill Hardy rated it it was amazing
Good romance. I did keep waiting for Vito to be.like I asked you to do this for revenge but feel in love with you but it didn't. Throughout the book I kept hoping there was more to the story of the accident than started and there was. The ending was kind of a let down..the years later part, would have liked more detail on the wedding but it was an enjoyable book.
Asteropê
3.5

Not bad. I liked it.

I just thought that the hero should have been a bit more reluctant and had a bit more angst when it came to getting involved with heroine. It seemed a bit out of character to me.

Though I did like that he wanted to marry her before he found out the truth about the accident.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 29, 2016 06:13PM
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Her Little White Lie
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • One Night with the Enemy
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • To Claim His Heir by Christmas
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...