Aftermath (Secrets and Lies, #2)

Aftermath (Secrets & Lies #2)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Kerry Darcy has survived the fateful day in March when the tsunami struck, but she is struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life.
Pregnant and alone, Hope Kennedy is left wondering what happened to the man she loved so much.
Two very different women, two perfect husbands, but what happens when their lives horribly collide?
Published August 5th 2012 by Cupid's Arrow Publishing

Sue
I received a free copy of Aftermath (Secrets & Lies #2)by Joanne Clancy through a free Amazon download offered August 8th and 9th.

Again I have nothing but praise for this author.This is such an intriguing story, the 2nd part in the trilogy.I read this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

The first book leaves off to see if Kerry and daughter Saoirse are alright. And what about the fate of Kerry's husband Conor and Hope's husband Niall.

It is difficult to imagine what it must be like to...more
Jay
again, thanks to Joanne Clancy for the book, & again I'll try not to spoil the read for anyone.

in this second installment of Secrets & Lies, we get a look at Hope & Niall's past as well as Hope's present, and focus on Kerry's current life.

we start with Kerry struggling to survive the tsunami. We then follow her through her lengthy recovery period. When she is well enough, Kerry uses all resources available to her to find her missing husband, Conor, who remains missing in the wake of...more
Crystal's Many Reviewers
The second book in the Secrets and Lies Trilogy starts out with a bang, and it ends with one as well. The author continues with the ability to describe the events as to what is happening with such great detail, that you do not want to put it down.

In the first book, you are introduced to Kerry and Hope, two completely different women who you know are connected yet you do not know why. In Aftermath, you learn what it is that connects the two completely different women.

In Kerry’s story, you can f...more
Carol  MacInnis
This is the second book of Joanne Clancy's 'Secrets and Lies' trilogy and it was amazing! The problem with being an avid reader is that there is never enough time in the day to read. But an even bigger obstacle is a holiday long weekend such as Easter! In any event, I was able to steal a few hours away yesterday and once I began reading 'Aftermath' I was hooked and would not put it down until I reached the last page. (Turkey dinner must wait!!)

When Kerry Darcy and her husband Conor and daughter...more
Maureen Reil
It was an ongoing battle with myself to do anything else other than read this exciting novel until I'd finished it, because I simply didn't want to put it down. And I will never complain about period pain ever again, having read what poor Kerry went through in the first part of this book, when she got trapped with her daughter right in the middle of the Japanese Tsunami. I felt like I was almost there myself with them, for the whole devastating episode was captured extremely well in the descript...more
Michele
Thank you to the author for this free ebook to read and review. Aftermath
is certainly aptly named. This story delves into the aftermath of the
Japanese tsunami and the lives that are left in ruins. Both Kerry and Hope are directly affected and as they begin to heal, both physically and
mentally, shocking secrets begin to emerge that entangles their lives
forever. The reader can sympathize with both women's struggles and with
the emotional journey they must take.

I truly look forward to reading book 3...more
Ashley
The second book, Aftermath, in the secret and lies trilogy was even better than the first. I think I just needed more to the story and I got it in this one. We get the background on Hope and Naill's relationship and get to see the after affect of the tsunami on Kerry and her family. With Conner and Naill missing, these two women have no idea that their lives are about to collide and get much more complicated.

I can't wait until the next and last book in the trilogy! Especially with that ending!
Lora
I enjoyed the 2nd book in the series almost as much as the first. The loose ends of the story are being pulled together. The characters are developing. There are more areas yet to be pulled together. I am anxious to read the next book. I was lucky enough to get a free copy on Kindle.

The book keeps you guessing as to what is going to happen next.
Amanda
Having not read the first book in the series, I was unsure as to how I would be able to "jump in" mid series- I did and found Aftermath to be quite enjoyable. I was absorbed in the story immediately and finished this enjoyable book in one sitting. I received this book for free through GoodReads First Reads.
Cynthia Lanovaz
I couldn't put this book down. I was really disappointed that I have to wait until just before Christmas for the last book to come out. I am happy in the ending that is for sure. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Sandra Theberge
I received this ebook from the author. I loved it!! What an incredibly unexpected twist for these characters. I read the entire book in a few hours. I couldn't put it down. Loved this book even more than the first one.
Violet
What a great read. Full of surprises,suspense and revelations you'll want more.
Gwynn
What a story. Can't wait to find out what he has to say.
Linda
Stars! Book two continues with Kerry hanging on for dear life as the tsunami's waves try to take her with it! The trashing waves pound her tired body and the debris of broken wood stripes her of her clothes. With her legs broken, her arm strained from the never ending battle with the sea, she finally hears her daughter scream as when she sees her, she yells to hang on to the rooftop.

Kerry is saved and taken to a hospital where she lay naked except for a rescuer's shirt on the floor as the hospit...more
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Paulette Ransom
Paulette Ransom marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Karen Smith
Karen Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Starlet
Starlet marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Ilse
Ilse added it
Sep 19, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
THE JAMES MASON C...: Free today and tomorrow on Amazon! 1 6 Aug 08, 2012 09:30AM
I'm a writer of killer thrillers from County Cork, Ireland. I'm an avid reader, a self-confessed Kindle addict, and a tea fiend.

My Amazon bestselling crime novels are Traceless (The Ellis Jones Mysteries, #1); The Offering; Killer Friends; Killing Time; A Daughter's Secret; Shattered; and Watched.

I write erotic thrillers under J.M. Clancy, which include The Unfaithful Trilogy: Unfaithfully Yours;...more
More about Joanne Clancy...
The Offering The Wedding Day Unfaithfully Yours Secrets & Lies (Secrets & Lies, #1) Unforgettable Embrace