Start by marking “Too Good To Be True (Sweet Valley High #11)” as Want to Read:
Too Good To Be True (Sweet Valley High #11)

Too Good To Be True (Sweet Valley High #11)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  889 ratings  ·  26 reviews
A devil in disguise…

When glamorous, sophisticated Suzanne Devlin visits Sweet Valley from New York City, the Wakefield twins couldn’t be more excited. For two weeks, Elizabeth will show Suzanne around town while Jessica will have the time of her life in New York. Suzanne is perfect: beautiful, friend, and not the least bit stuck up.

But when Suzanne accuses their teacher, M
Published November 27th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Too Good To Be True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Good To Be True

jenn
Jan 16, 2010 jenn added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Suzanne goes Medieval on everyone when she fails to seduce Mr. Collins. SEVENTY STARS.
bmo211
Jessica goes to big ole New York City to stay with Mr. wakefield's old friend. In exchange, daughter of said big-city friend comes to Sweet Valley! Jessica quickly discovers that everyone in NYC is rich but cruel, stylish but conniving. Oh no! NYC gal, Suzy, really brings the ruckus to Sweet Valley. Sure, she acts like she is as sweet as she is gorgeous, but she is just as cruel as the rest of those caviar-eating jerks in NYC. Her wily acts of deception are myriad! Elizabeth's necklace goes miss ...more
star_fire13
Elizabeth really is too naive and trusting. I really wish she'd get mean and stop being stepped on.

Suzanne comes across as just some spoiled little brat who just wants attention. I mean, if her parents are as bad/neglectful as they came across when Jessica came over, I kinda get it. But still. She has no right to try and destroy Mr Collins's life and career like that.

I'm really pissed at Elizabeth for not taking his side right away. Also, didn't anyone interview Teddy? Teddy at least would have
Keli Wright
Jun 12, 2008 Keli Wright rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all the little girls
Recommended to Keli by: ?
LOOVVVED IT
Amy
Here are some of the character voices Arthur used for this book:

Steven Wakefield - barely opens his lips to speak
Caroline Pearce - short staccato bursts, like machine-gun fire
Aaron Dallas - cowboy

I love the painting on the cover of this one. Suzanne's right hand and forearm look way too huge. Both Suzanne's and Elizabeth's torsos look really huge and barrel-chested. It's like one of those weird Mannerist paintings where everything is out of proportion and bizarre-looking. It is one of my life dr
PurplyCookie
From the very beginning, Suzanne Devlin seems to be too good to be true--beautiful, modest, considerate and kind--hey, sounds like Elizabeth! In fact the whole town practically worships her.They think she is Christmas,Thanksgiving and the turkey all dressed up.

As Sweet Valley is cast under Suzanne's charming spell, some things do not quite add up. Mr. Collins is accused of attacking Suzanne and Elizabeth is accused of being insane.

I have to say that Suzanne is a bonified, tried and true witch.
Emily
Elizabeth and Jessica have a chance to either go to New York or show Suzanne all around town. At first each girl has a great time- Jessica in New York and Elizabeth with Suzanne. But then Jessica gets embarrassed by a boy and ends up being alone most of the time. Elizabeth at first thinks that Suzanne is great but then she accuses Mr.Collins of taking advantage of her. Things begin to come clear to Elizabeth when she talks to Mr.Collins and when she finds her necklace in Suzanne's suitcase. Suza ...more
Tara Calaby
This series had SUCH a fixation with attempted sexual assault and false accusations of it in the earliest books. This book combines both! The most amusing part was John Pfeifer being all horrified about what Mr. Collins was supposed to have done, given later occurrences.

The Jess parts in this one really seem like an afterthought. I think it would've worked better to have her stay in SV and react to Suzanne's effect on the boys.

(Thing is, Mr Collins really WAS totally inappropriate with all his
Lisa
The introduction of the infamous Suzanne Devlin! My first inkling as to what a nemesis really was.
Is it me or does Liz cry a lot? I'd like to see what happens to the twins in 30 years. SVH: The Therapy Years.
Terri
Man, maybe I just read all of these. Ha.
Col. Smith
Reading this was nostalgic. SVH had sustained me throughout my growing years providing drama, romance and adventure. I used to lap up the details reg. the lives of the two desirable twins - Elizabeth and Jessica. I have been with them through all their ups and downs. If I had judged this book 2 decades earlier, it would have been 4 to 5 stars. But now my taste has changed, and I cannot but help thinking what was so extra ordinary about this never ending series, that I used to eagerly read a book ...more
Lisa
Kami
This one is good fun. A lot of witty lines and fun camaraderie between the usual cast.

(view spoiler)
Reading with Cats
Suzanne lies, steals, manipulates people for her own selfish ends and falsely accuses someone of trying to rape her. According to DoormatLiz she is an evil monster.
PsychoJess lies, steals, manipulates people for her own selfish ends and falsely accuses someone of trying to rape her. She is one of the "heroines" of this story and DoormatLiz is "fiercely loyal" to her.
Ermmm...okay.
Ruthie Jones
I read the first twelve in the Sweet Valley High series along with a cousin who was a preteen at the time - so we could talk about them together. Even though I was past my teenage years when I read these books, I had a lot of fun reading them. Very entertaining.
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
Sally
Evil Suzanne!! And good, perfect Elizabeth is of course the first to realise she's not all sunshine and roses and has to set about getting to the Bottom of Things.
Liezel
Too good to be true truly matches with its title. Stunning Suzanne turns out to be the most perfect of all girls; gorgeous, slender and kind but is she really?
Nisha
This is a great book. i hope Suzanne learned her lesson. what she did to the Wakefield family and friends was really wrong!
Jodie
I love this series, I just do. They were awesome to read and I loved every minute of my childhood because of them.
Jessica
Love Love Loved this book!! It definitely shows the lesson that someone is not always the way they seem.
Tanya Rivera
Fun reading for the early teen years. Loved them from the age of 12 - 15
Kristina
I liked this one a lot, I love the sneaky characters :)
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story
Kristen
This is another good read from the series.
Anriyeta Vlayeva
Anriyeta Vlayeva marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Nic
Nic added it
Jul 30, 2015
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Graduation (Final Friends, #3)
  • But Gentlemen Marry Brunettes: The Illuminating Diary of a Professional Lady (20th-century Classics)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley High (1 - 10 of 159 books)
  • Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1)
  • Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Sweet Valley High, #3)
  • Sweet Valley High: Three Novels
  • Power Play (Sweet Valley High, #4)
  • All Night Long (Sweet Valley High, #5)
  • Dangerous Love (Sweet Valley High, #6)
  • Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High, #7)
  • Sweet Valley High Collection: All Night Long, Dangerous Love, Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High #5, #6, #7)
  • Heart Breaker (Sweet Valley High, #8)
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)

“She imagined herself whirling breathlessly beneath the flashing lights of some impossibly chic Manhattan disco. Suddenly, a hand touches her arm. She turns. ‘Pardon me,’ Mick Jagger says, 'I believe this next dance is mine.” 2 likes
“If you turned sideways and stuck your tongue out, you could probably pass for a zipper.” 0 likes