Start by marking “All I Ever Wanted (Grayson Friends, #8)” as Want to Read:
All I Ever Wanted (Grayson Friends, #8)

All I Ever Wanted (Grayson Friends #8)

All I Ever Wanted Francis Ray
Naomi Reese is a divorced mother with a small daughter named Kayla, a new life in Santa Fe, and, finally, some distance from her abusive ex-husband. All she wants now is a home of her own where she and Kayla can finally feel safe. With one bad marriage behind her, she can't even dream of falling in love again. Until she meets Richard...

A tall,
Published February 26th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about All I Ever Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Ever Wanted

Reshemah
Mar 01, 2013 Reshemah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mrs. Ray has done it once again with another great Grayson Friends book. If you remember Naomi and Richard from Luke and Catherine's story, Naomi was in danger and Richard was the Vet who gave her a job and saved her from her ex-husband. Now we finally get there story. Naomi doesn't want to loose Richard's friendship because he has been so good to her and her daughter, Kayla but she knows he wants more but can she be the woman he needs? Richard has been in love with Naomi and her daughter for so ...more
Tracy Hale
Mar 05, 2013 Tracy Hale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG this was one of the best books I've read. I love the Grayson Series and the friends. I loved the courage of Naomi to overcome her fears and Richard was the best person in the world to help her. His patience was outstanding. I can't wait for Lance and Fallon's book. Great work Ms. Ray.
Karen Reed
Mar 17, 2013 Karen Reed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francis Ray brings in home again. I have yet to read one of her books and not fall in love with it. She finds was to bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. Her books instill hope. Thnk you for another phenomenal book Mrs. Ray!!!
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Naomi had to learn to not let fear consumer her life. Richard was there to teach her that there was nothing to fear in him. Their journey long the pay off immeasurable. Take a look at the journey to love.
Debbie
Amazing story! I waited for this for a while! It was great to have a more in depth look at Naomi and Richards relationship. I waited for Naomi to have a happy ending!
Shavon Johnson
Mar 23, 2013 Shavon Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this book. I'm so happy Naomi faced her fears and let Richard love her. Can't wait for Fallon and Lance story. Mrs. Ray has done it again.
Kesha
Apr 02, 2013 Kesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Graysons and their friends. If only life imitated art?
Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 289 pages
Style: African American Contemporary Romance
Series: Grayson Friends #8

This was a story that can depict real life and although the main character, Naomi, was in an abusive relationship in her past, she didn't come off depressing and gave life to her character. After escaping with her daughter, Kayla, Naomi started a new life while constantly looking over her shoulder. After settling down, she has built a new life for herself with a circle of Grayson fami
Michelle Crawford
My heart just melted while reading this book! Richard and Naomi's story is so full of love and I couldn't keep the cheesy smile off my face. There are lessons about courage, trust, patience and understanding. Once again Francis Ray beautifully highlights the importance of family and friends and sticking together. Above all, this story shows how true love can make all the difference in the world. When you find that someone that you can give your whole heart to, you will be amazed at all the thing ...more
Dafort
Apr 07, 2013 Dafort rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readers have been waiting a long time for Naomi and Richard’s relationship to come to life and Ms. Ray did not disappoint. All I Ever Wanted provided more insight into Naomi’s past relationship and how it was continuing to affect her and her daughter. Richard, Catherine and Luke were godsends for Naomi and aided in overcoming her past and rewriting her future. Richard was a very patient man and little Kayla was such a sweetheart in this book. Naomi tried to consistently push Richard away but he ...more
Ariana
Aug 17, 2016 Ariana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the longest I did not like Naomi because although she went through a lot, she was just untouchable to me. Richard did everything he could and she still wouldn't trust him. And I really would've thought that Luke and Cath would have adopted a baby or had IVF by now.
Ellen
This was not well paced. Part of my problem was as I said that I thought Naomi and Richard had been together in the background of the series for quite some time. Apparently not.
The next problem I had was with the pacing, Naomi spends half the book pushing Richard out of her life and the turns around and is leaning towards marriage and so the relationship is especially rushed as it has half the time to show us why Naomi is willing to trust Richard.

And finally I'm sick to death of the abusive ex s
African Americans on the Move Book Club
“All I Ever Wanted” by Francis Ray touches on a very real issue…spousal abuse. Naomi is a woman on a mission. Deciding to flee with her daughter in order to escape the abuse, Naomi is happy to have a fresh start. Love is the last thing on her mind but when Richard Youngblood catches her eye; can he make her realize its ok to love again?
“All I Ever Wanted” was a good read. I loved the characters. They were very well developed. There were some parts that were a bit predictable but overall the st
Kim
I'd definitely call this one a sweet romance. It was a very slow and steady read. I thought the build up for Naomi and Richard took a bit too long. Yes I understand she had to get over her issues, but I just felt like I was reading about a man and woman's friendship for 60% of the book. It was definitely not as passionate as the previous Grayson Friends books that I have read. Overall the writing was well done, but that wow factor was missing here. I hope Fallon and Lance's book turns it up agai ...more
Jul 11, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book I've read by Francis Ray, just picked it up in the new book section at the library. Will not be the last (take me a while to get through them)
Enjoyed it very much. Good characters and interesting subject.
Té Russ
Jun 22, 2013 Té Russ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I was waiting years for Francis Ray to write (like Rio's story coming out later this year can't wait!!!) She did not disappoint! Loved it!
Natasha
Apr 30, 2013 Natasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This book was a good read...i felt,like it was a bit rush....i got tired of Naomi pushing Richard away....But they found love in the end...it was very predictable.
Shawnette
An EXTREMELY sweet read. A bit slow getting to the romance and/or action...but still a good read...nice to see how Naomi and Richard FINALLY got together.
Suzanne
Apr 03, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naomi and Richard live in Santa Fe!!! It's pretty cool to read about places I've been before :)
Monique
Slow & steady read. I wanted her to quit playing the victim but the romance works.
Brenda
Mar 15, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Ray's done it again! I am a huge Grayson's fan and I loved this story!
Bebe20018
Aug 13, 2013 Bebe20018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. However there were times when it got on my nerves.
Carmellia
Dec 08, 2013 Carmellia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!! As usual!!
Michelle
Just ok......
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Brittany Davis
Brittany Davis rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
  • Eternal Vows
  • Canyon & Hidden Pleasures
  • From the Heart: Seven Rules to Live By
  • Jewel
  • King's Passion
  • Champagne Kisses
  • I Heard a Rumor (Rumor, #2)
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University
More about Francis Ray...

Grayson Friends (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Way You Love Me