Start by marking “Project Chick II: What's Done in the Dark” as Want to Read:
Project Chick II: What's Done in the Dark

Project Chick II: What's Done in the Dark

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  234 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Tressa always thought that the best moment in her life was the day she gave birth to her twin boys, Khalil and Hadji, but even better was when she got the news that their abusive father, Lucky, was dead. His death gave the streets freedom and safety and gave Tressa an opportunity to start over. Thrilled the bad days were gone, it didn't take long for her to realize that ev ...more
Published March 12th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 1st 2013)

Glam
May 29, 2013 Glam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
So I was so excited when i came across this book in the book store a few weeks ago.. Project Chick was a must read for coast 2 coast readers online book club, it then went to the glass case with a do not ask to borrow on it. for me Project chick II What's done in the Dark was a just OK read, i guess some books should never be a sequel or series...
Stephanie Stevenson-covington
Wow! This book was pretty good. I'm sure there will be a third because of the ending. I enjoyed this one even better because you can really tell the author grew because of her depiction of more than your average street life. I think she expanded the emotions of the twins great! They seemed so real. They both needed the love and the truthfulness the grandmother gave them. That darn lucky is like a cat, surely he has 9 lives. Overall, I gave this one four stars.
Shaday
Aug 06, 2014 Shaday rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the ending and that is the only reason why I gave it 1 star. If i did not love the first book project chick I wouldn't have given it a rating. I would not recommend this book because the overall story line was boring and i felt like the author had to write a sequel because the first book did well, but in my opinion it didn't need a sequel. Since im already captivated by the series i will definitely be reading the third book just because.
Tynika Goldring
2Bossay 2Bossay
Decent read. Full of the usual street action that I come to expect from 1 of my favorite authors. Although it has been many moons since I read the original book, it kind of left me trying to remember what happened in the beginning of the 1st book. Nevertheless, if you have read the 1st book, then it only makes sense to read the follow up. Kudos to Nikki for once again incorporating a character from her previous books and implanting them amongst the pages of this book. No one does it better than ...more
Jenee Rager
Sep 16, 2013 Jenee Rager rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fiction
I'm normally a Nikki Turner fan, but this book was just not up to her normal standards. The plot was sloppy and the characters made no sense. It felt as if she was just rushing this book because of a contract or just to make a buck. There were way too many run on sentences, that served no point other than to add to the word count. I'm disappointed in this one, and hope Nikki Turner gets it together on her next book.
Stephanie
If there was ever an unnecessary sequel, this is it! The first book had everything- sex, violence, betrayal, an inspiring story of a strong woman, romance, and revenge. Plus the first book could have ended right where it did and you could assume everyone was just fine (well, lol, almost everyone). But no, this book had to spoil the satisfying ending of the first book and create a lot of unnecessary drama that was more depressing than entertaining. Plus a lot of this book was just rehashing of ev ...more
Tammy Benton
Apr 20, 2016 Tammy Benton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Project Chick 2 What's Done in the Dark. Tressa return in this latest edition. I really enjoyed this book single mom trying to raise teenagers sons with her fiancee Indie. Tressa sons Khalil and Hadji who wanted to be like their father Lucky wouldn't accept Indie especially Hadji. With Lucky death Tressa start a fresh new life for her and her son's. She thought everything was going well .Until Lucky old partner in crime Ace comes on the scene feeling the boys head up nonsense and showing them th ...more
Black Carrie
Even though I don't feel the book deserved a sequel.... This was a good book I feel Tressa was left out a bit . . . the twins are crazy as hell (lol) Indie could do no harm in my eyes. I just wished he could have been more of a hands on step dad to the boys instead of keeping his distance I hate dudes like that. Tressa seemed so toned down in the book , I can't relate to her anymore but I am happy she finally got what she wanted !!! . . . I can't believe they where engaged for 8years -_- I don't ...more
Antonia
Apr 05, 2014 Antonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book is so good, I just hope there's a part there. Please let there be a part 3.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who have already read part 2.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
I keep looking for one just to end a bit different for this author, but I guess keeping the reading wondering is the goal. Tressa is back with her boo and her boyz. The boyz are growing up and have lots of questions and feel they are not getting straight answers. The answers they find lead them to places they should not be. The truth could lead them back home.

There are no happy forever's in this authors books. There seems to be a twist in the end. If this is what I want I can look at my life dai
Shatori Watts
Feb 07, 2014 Shatori Watts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must say I was impressed with how she was able to elaborate more in this novel. I enjoyed the book and look forward to part 3. Nikki captured street life for real.
Letesa Campbell
Jun 20, 2016 Letesa Campbell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To me I didn't like the fact that Tressa her brother and Indie got away with murder. I don't care what kind of person he was nobody deserve to die. Now she got her kids fatherless.
E G
Jul 01, 2014 E G rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow
Sylvia
OMG the way it ended, I hope there is going to be another one.
Mel
Apr 13, 2013 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a Nikki Turner book in a while. I can't even remember how the prequel to this book went. I read this one super fast. I feel like it was too short but told the story of Tressa, her twin sons Ali and Hadji, and fiance Indie really well. You don't even have to read the prequel to figure out what was going on. I am definitely looking forward to the next one.
Jamie Tyler
So far this book is pretty good. I can't believe how Tressa's twins care so much about a man, their father, who they hardly knew and didn't do anything for them really but give their mom a hard time. I guess since they were so young when he disappeared, they don't have a real understanding to things.
Sistahs Purpose
Jun 07, 2015 Sistahs Purpose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Read this book for my bookclub. Loved the storyline. The twists and turns kept us reading wanting to know what happens next.
Lunden
Apr 09, 2013 Lunden rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This was just...OK for me. I'm thinking there will be a 3rd installment due to how the book ended and I may indulge. For me, it wasn't a typical Nikki Turner read which twist and turns that nobody saw coming. It was kind of predictable but it was still ok.
Charlotte Brown
Mar 17, 2013 Charlotte Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! very fast pace & kept my attention! poor Tressa will she ever catch a break! so I know there will be a part 3. I didn't want it to end!
Stephanie
Jun 25, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. it answered my questions...what ever happened to...
Kenda
Feb 02, 2014 Kenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ready to read part 3 right now. Love these characters.
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Sunday Manuel
Sunday Manuel marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Allison Vaughn
Allison Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Valerie Ellington
Valerie Ellington rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Camisha Maze
Camisha Maze marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Gabbriel
Gabbriel marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
  • Death Before Dishonor
  • The Motherhood Diaries
  • Flippin' the Hustle
  • Pitbulls In A Skirt 4: Killer Klan
  • The Black Dahlia (Murderville, #3)
After Nikki Turner read The Coldest Winter Ever by Sistah Souljah she was dismayed that there weren't other books like it. "I wanted to write the kinds of books I wanted to read," said the bestselling author, whose 2002 debut novel, A Hustler's Wife, would go on to sell more than a few 100,000 copies.
While Nikki Turner's first two novels were published by a small publishing house in the Midwest, i
More about Nikki Turner...