Start by marking “The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires” as Want to Read:
The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires

The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It’s no secret that these hard times have been even harder for the Black community.

Approximately 35 percent of African Americans had no measurable assets in 2009, and 24 percent of these same households had only a motor vehicle. Dennis Kimbro, observing how the weight of the continuing housing and credit crises disproportionatelyimpacts the African-American community, take
Published February 19th 2013 by Palgrave Macmillan Trade

To ask other readers questions about The Wealth Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wealth Choice

Jonas
Jun 08, 2014 Jonas rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-money
I really enjoyed reading this book. Kimbro gives concrete examples from African-American millionaires on how they acquired wealth. I constantly found myself writing down some very insightful gems that I hope will change the way I handle money on a daily basis. One quote in particular really consumed my thoughts: "The poor keep score by cars and clothes. The middle class keep score by degrees and titles. But the wealthy keep score by their bank accounts."

Michelle Ngome
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle Ngome rated it it was amazing
Great book for inspiration regarding entrepreneurs. What I realized whether the person grew up as working poor, middle class, or corporate executive they all had struggles launching their business. Failure and success does not discriminate it's all about hard work.
Antuan Simmons
Sep 20, 2013 Antuan Simmons rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. It had many background stories of black millionaires. I was looking for technical secrets to make a million, but I got a biography of rich black people. That is cool tho. I am going on Wikipedia and researching the people he interviewed. I am going to apply the knowledge I learned from this book as a road map to my own personal riches. Good book kimbro! Also very well written
Kat
Mar 21, 2013 Kat rated it really liked it
Overall this was a pretty good read. Kimbro used some amazing quotes from prominent African Americans that will stick with me. The book definitely made me want to work for myself and build my own wealth. It also reinforced some good practices to saving money and building wealth. I was looking for more of a specific guide but I got the big picture.
Crystal Mitchell
Nov 04, 2013 Crystal Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I was very impressed with the depth of this book. Mr. Kimbro did an excellent job of providing
value and inspiring information on every day people who succeed beyond all the odds. Letting his audience know that if you work hard, persevere, are dedicated, are passionate and have a well thought out vision you can achieve anything.
Timothy
Nov 02, 2013 Timothy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lower-library
This book has my head spinning, I want to go out and create and build something.
Misha J Grubbs
Jan 30, 2016 Misha J Grubbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different perspective

I chose this rating because it's not a step by step what to do book. It gives you a different perspective on the importance of wealth, introduces you to people you do not know and reintroduce those you already know in the context of obtaining wealth. Shock you with facts and stats you may not have realized, and give you the inspiration that you need to be among the financial elite. I would recommend this to those who want to really refocus on their financial situation.
Glenn Hunter
Nov 28, 2014 Glenn Hunter rated it it was amazing
Dennis Kimbro continues to tell the story about building African-American wealth and professional success. Between the anecdotes and his analysis of extensive data, Dr. Kimbro illustrates that financial success has a process that can be learned and applied. I shall continue to recommend his works, and especially The Wealth Choice, to students and professionals seeking insight and inspiration to point toward material success.
Tracie Green
Jun 06, 2015 Tracie Green rated it really liked it
Great read...Inspirational by all means. Interesting comparisons of historical black business owners to today's top entrepreneurs. Where they started and how they built their empires. A wide variety of quotes, business genres and references to live by. Totally enjoyed and will continue to read all of Napoleon Hills publications.
Abraham Williamson
Inspirational

Dr. Kimbro knows exactly who his audience is and provides excellent use of narratives to outline 7 Laws of Wealth. His inside look at Black Financial Elite is illuminating and convicting
Tim McLean
Jun 23, 2015 Tim McLean rated it it was amazing
A must read for all African Americans who realize the importance of their economic power.
Darrell
Apr 04, 2015 Darrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read. I've learned more from the pages (financially) than I have in the past 30 years of life.
Gregg
Dec 08, 2014 Gregg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: black-awereness
Wealth begins in the mind!
LaTricia Frederick
Jan 24, 2016 LaTricia Frederick rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational and great examples of triumph over circumstance. If you have goals outside of your current situation, this is a great read to spark ideas and get you going.
Michelle
Nov 20, 2013 Michelle rated it liked it
Not that great. Pretty repetitive and inspirational without real information on how they made their money. Heavy on the Christianity.
Carmen
Carmen added it
Feb 04, 2016
Classy Lely
Classy Lely marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Kia Weatherspoon
Kia Weatherspoon rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Antoinette Lewis
Antoinette Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Adeave
Adeave marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
DelRica
DelRica marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Lauren Marlene Jones
Lauren Marlene Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jan 18, 2016
Phoenix Williams
Phoenix Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Cherina
Cherina marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Success Secrets of Black Millionaires 2 5 Jul 17, 2014 07:49PM
  • Grow Younger, Live Longer: Ten Steps to Reverse Aging
  • The Human Revolution (The Human Revolution, #1-12)
  • The FabYOUList: List It, Live It, Love Your Life
  • Inches Off! Your Tummy: The Super-Simple 5-Minute Plan to Firm Up Flab & Sculpt a Flat Belly
  • Everyday Crochet: Wearable Designs Just for You
  • On My Own at 107: Reflections on Life Without Bessie
  • Be Love Now: The Path of the Heart
  • Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • Miss Manners' Basic Training: The Right Thing to Say
  • Stylized: A Slightly Obsessive History of Strunk & White's The Elements of Style
  • The Scalpel and the Silver Bear: The First Navajo Woman Surgeon Combines Western Medicine and Traditional Healing
  • Crochet Boutique: 30 Simple, Stylish Hats, Bags & Accessories
  • How to Retire the Cheapskate Way: The Ultimate Cheapskate's Guide to a Better, Earlier, Happier Retirement
  • Black Cool: One Thousand Streams of Blackness
  • Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps
  • Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
  • Is Marriage for White People?: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone

“The future never takes care of itself; it is taken car of, shaped, molded, and colored by the present. Our todays are what our yesterdays made them; our tomorrows must inevitably be the product of our todays.” 4 likes
“Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.” And remember the four things that never return: the spoken word, the speeding arrow, the wasted life, and the neglected opportunity.” 2 likes