Start by marking “Ninja Meerkats (#1): The Clan of the Scorpion” as Want to Read:
Ninja Meerkats (#1): The Clan of the Scorpion

Ninja Meerkats (#1): The Clan of the Scorpion (Ninja Meerkats #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Jet Flashfeet, Chuck Cobracrusher, Donnie Dragonjab, and Bruce Willowhammer . . . Together they are THE CLAN OF THE SCORPION!

Armed to the teeth with ninja know-how, this ultimate fighting force has one goal—to thwart the evil Ringmaster’s plans for world domination. Ninja-Boom!

A tiger is missing from Hong Kong Zoo, but this is no ordinary big cat—and she won’t be found by
Published January 22nd 2013 by Square Fish (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ninja Meerkats (#1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ninja Meerkats (#1)

Chris
You might recognize the formula: A group of four, young, unexpected animal ninjas, each with defining character traits and a role in the group, directed by a wise, old master. They must constantly--and secretly--protect the world from an evil human who schemes of world domination, the Ringmaster, who leads a circus and commands henchmen like the two clowns that will have you literally dying from laughter, Sheffield and Grimsby, Doris the Dancing Dog (trained in the ways of the tango, the foxtrot ...more
Sandy
The 4 Ninja Meerkats hear that a white tiger has gone missing from the Hong Kong zoo. This is noteworthy because this tiger has been trained in the "Roar of Victory", which can hypnotize people who hear it. The Meerkats believe the Ringmaster and his evil circus are going to use the tiger in their nefarious plans.
Silly but blessedly short. The story tries to combine real life with the fantastical world of ninja meerkats. Reading about how the meerkats need to disguise themselves so they can go
Jenevieve
A special tiger has been stolen from the Hong Kong Zoo, one who knows the Roar of Victory, and the Ninja Meerkats are pretty sure that their arch nemisis, The Ringmaster, is behind her disappearance. Can they get to Hong Kong and free her in time or will The Ringmaster finally have the world at his feet?

Yep, another book my 7yr old insisted I read because he loved it. It was kinda cute and good for the 6-9yr old set. I'm going to try desperately to get out of reading the rest of the series tho.
Suvi
Ninjamangustit: Skorpionin klaani

Ninjamangustit seikkailevat ensimmäisessä seikkailussaan, jossa heidän pitää pelastaa tiikeri, jolla on ihmeellinen kyky. Suurin osa kirjasta on kuitenkin Skorpionin klaanin esittelyä.

Vauhtia ja vaarallisia tilanteita on, samoin seikkailua. Jos ei tällä saa pikkupoikia lukemaan edes jotain, niin on ihme. Aikuisen silmään ja lukumieleen tämä voi olla täysin käsittämätön ja naurettava, mutta mielestäni jostain lastenkin on se lukuharrastus on aloitettava, että mek
Wonderishmama
The kid gave it five stars. I give it a three. Pretty cute.
Carol
I am sure little boys in the lower elementary grades will enjoy this new humorous series. However, as an adult, I just couldn't do it. I tried, I really tried. Parts were funny and parts were dumb, but that is okay as I realize I am not the intended audience. Basically if you think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kung Fu Panda or Lego Ninjago and substitute meerkats for the main characters you will know what this series is about.
Christopher
I really like this book because it is an adventurous book and crime type of book.Reading this book makes me want to read more and more and more of it.The book is about about 4 ninjas named Jet,Chuck,Donnie and Bruce who was told that their arch-enemy,''the ring master'',has taken their tiger from Hong Kong Zoo.So the four mighty ninjas had to travel there to get their tiger back!What do you think is gonna happen next?
Ubalstecha
A team of four highly trained, Ninja Meerkats try to rescue a mystical tiger stolen from the Hong Kong Zoo.

I picked this book up on a lark, but was sorely disappointed by it. It is clearly the blending of two fads. Meerkats and ninjas. The book is full of puns and lines that fly over the heads of the intended reader.

Just not good. Go read Redwall if you want animal action story. Much better written.
Bari
I read this book with my 5 year old nephew. He is a Ninja Turtle fan and takes Karate, which is why I thought this book would appeal to him.

This book is both funny and action packed. This book will most likely appeal to boys than girls.

My nephew really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to others.
Melissa
This is a very cute and funny series. Ninja meerkats, what's not to love? Great for young readers who have outgrown Captain Underpants and Stink, but may not be quite ready for longer books yet. Definitely will recommend to my young Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans as a fun alternative, as well.
Kellie
The only thing better than meerkats that are ninjas are the horribly corny jokes & puns included in this book. A great quick & fun read that is absolute silliness with some fantastic action packed scenes. This is definitely a series I will start recommending to boys 7-10.
Christiane
I think young readers (1st - 3rd grade) are going to love this. It’s a series about meerkats with ninja skills…how could a kid resist? The story is fast-paced and there are a lot of drawings to break up the text, perfect for readers just getting into chapter books.
Bill
This is like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a new generation. Meerkats are all the rage right now in the UK. Why not explore stories with Ninja Meerkats? A delightful treat for kids.
Misty
My boys enjoy this series.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
Start of a First Chapter series that is perfect for fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Lego Ninjago.
Josu
Una primera novela de una saga infantil que realmente gustará a los jóvenes y primeros lectores. ¡Ninja-bum!
Prodowd
Enjoyed reading it! Loved da ninjas
Dawnella Adams
Action packed Ninja story.
Amy Mccarty
8/8/13
30 pages
Jena
Jena added it
Mar 20, 2015
Leanna Rogers
Leanna Rogers marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Polina
Polina marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Luis
Luis added it
Jan 29, 2015
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Books on Tap: This should clearly be our next book club book . . . 2 9 Jan 28, 2015 10:23AM
Gareth first started writing when he was very young but it wasn’t until he was in his early twenties that he completed his first novel. Having had it universally rejected he wrote a novel for children called Who Killed Charlie Twig, which received an equally unimpressed reception and remains rightly unpublished to this day.

Some years passed during which Gareth met his future wife, Lisa and began a
More about Gareth P. Jones...

Ninja Meerkats (7 books)
  • The Eye of the Monkey (Ninja Meerkats, #2)
  • Escape from Ice Mountain (Ninja Meerkats, #3)
  • Hollywood Showdown (Ninja Meerkats, #4)
  • The Tomb of Doom (Ninja Meerkats, #5)
  • Big City Bust-Up (Ninja Meerkats, #6)
  • The Hammer of Thor (Ninja Meerkats)
Constable & Toop The Thornthwaite Inheritance The Considine Curse The Eye of the Monkey (Ninja Meerkats, #2) The Case of the Missing Cats (The Dragon Detective Agency, #1)