Start by marking “The Second Base Club” as Want to Read:
The Second Base Club

The Second Base Club

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Elroy’s got one thing on his mind: girls. In an effort to get to second base, he offers to tutor the hot new girl in math, forms a band with his two best friends (okay, so he gets a face full of tomato for his efforts), and joins the wrestling team.

He’s a little vague on the whole bases thing, but the jocks have a club dedicated to getting there with every girl they can. A
Published February 19th 2013 by Square Fish (first published October 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Second Base Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Base Club

Thoj
Elroy is like any regular sophomore high school boy just trying to fit in and get laid.

I hope boys don't think about girls or getting laid 99.9% of the time as portrayed in this book or else we have a whole lot of things to be worried about with the youth.
This book was definitely funny at times but I also found it trying too hard to be funny at other times. Elroy was a good character, he was chivalrous at times but a majority of the time he was just curious as to when a chick with big boobs an
Brandy
Elroy has a goal for the coming school year: to score. He wants a girlfriend, and has very little idea of how to go about getting one. The guys who get chicks are the athletes, so he joins the wrestling team, and when that doesn't pan out, he and his friends form a band instead (because girls also dig guys in bands). He understands that the one girl he's comfortable with is the one he's not trying to impress, but he never gets the full "be yourself" message.

And his near date-rape of a girl is t
WCPL Teens
Sixteen-year-old Elroy overhears the jocks discussing a sensitive topic he’s heard about, but doesn’t understand what it all means. He wants a girlfriend—he just doesn’t know how to attract one. Failed social attempts provide embarrassing results, the wrestling team scheme results in bruises, and his friends turn him down in his efforts to form a band. Rachel’s left hook to his cheek doesn’t stop him from attending the party, only to realize he doesn’t want anything to do with the party action o ...more
Michael
A fun romp of a book with a horny, teenaged boy as the protagonist to whom most guys can relate. I think the book was a good read for the weekend and provided me with a few chuckles and memories of teen years. Predictable for the most part, but it read like a true California school year. I liked that part of it. The cover pushed it from 3 stars to 4 stars--brilliant marketing.
Brendan
I can't give this book a star rating because my reaction to it is complicated. Bottom line--it's mostly a three-star book, but one part bothered me so much that I think I have to give this a negative recommendation. I blogged about it at length here: http://www.brendanhalpin.com/girlinac... .
Michael
The perfect next title for those who loved Don Calame's Swim the Fly, a lighter, more whimsical look at the high school jungle through a boy's eye.
Omar
Great book. The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because the ending was pretty weak. Greg Trine is an author I'd like to get into.
Anna
The cover says it all (fun, suprisingly well-written, & yes, boys will be boys). :)
Alicia
Will add my review soon...
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Adisa Anyika
Adisa Anyika marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Colleen Johnson
Colleen Johnson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Joshua
Joshua is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Max Beene
Max Beene marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Sera Nazri
Sera Nazri is currently reading it
May 31, 2013
Teresa Ell
Teresa Ell marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Zariq Azlan
Zariq Azlan marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Greg Trine is the author of the Melvin Beederman, Superhero books for children, which he creates with his illustrator sidekick, Rhode Montijo. He is also the author of the young adult book, The Second Base Club. He lives with his family in his Southern California hideout.

More about Greg Trine...
The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero (Quality)) Terror in Tights (Melvin Beederman, Superhero #4) Revenge of the McNasty Brothers (Melvin Beederman, Superhero, #2) The Grateful Fred Attack of the Valley Girls (Melvin Beederman, Superhero #6)