Start by marking “100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet: Dozens of Mix and Match Combos and Fabulous Projects” as Want to Read:

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The timeless granny square has adorned sofas, armchairs, and bedspreads for generations. In this latest addition to our popular Knit & Crochet series, we feature a treasury of squares that are quick to make and sure to stand out—from tried-and-true vintage favorites to contemporary designs. Author Leonie Morgan uses her amazing eye for color to add a new and appealing ...more
Published March 19th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet

Bookworm
The thing about 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet: Dozens of Mix and Match Combos and Fabulous Projects that caught my eye straight away were the vibrant colors on the cover and all throughout the book, I love that. I'm a fan of the granny square because it is so versatile and it is a staple in the art of crochet.

There's a Tools and Techniques section where topics like reading patterns and charts, color schemes, planning your projects, blocking and joining, and adding embellishments are di
Marie Segares
Lovers of granny squares can probably never have too many books, but what about 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet: Dozens of Mix and Match Combos and Fabulous Projects makes it stand out in a sea of books about granny squares?

Leonie Morgan‘s debut book has the joyful and inviting colors that readers of her blog, Wool n Hook, have come to expect. From the cover until the appendix, you will be seeing nothing but bright and beautiful eye candy. This book is truly a celebration of granny square
Lizzy
I won this in the Goodreads give away from the publisher. it is easy to use, well laid out with clear instructions. I'm excited to use this book for winter projects!
Anna
Nov 05, 2014 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: craft
Received in a Goodreads giveaway in October 2012. Thank you.

I can't praise this book enough. It is beautiful. The explanation and writing are very clear. The wording makes the information very accessible and understandable. I would highly recommend this book for beginners. It goes over every stitch type with illustrations and explains all chart symbols. That makes this book a great reference for stitches as well.

The content goes over techniques for crochet, choosing color, gauge, blocking and s
Lisa Bergin
Having just learned to crochet after 15 years of trying (I am left handed and think that has been part of the problem) I got this book from the library. It is so good I have now bought myself a copy.
Emily
The patterns in this book are AH-MAZING! They were so clear and easy to read. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to make anything other than a basic Granny.
Lauren
Really excited to try this out; for the longest time I've wanted this book so winning this was wonderful. There are already some patterns in this book.

What I love about this books, and others like this, is that they show you how to do the stitches featured in the books regardless of skill level. I also like the color wheel and the different type of color patterns and found this rather informative for doing the different granny squares.

Seeing two other variations on one square was very nice to ha
Nicole
This book has good patterns and interesting color choices for projects.
Ashley
*I won a copy of this book via goodreads.com giveaway*

I was excited to receive this book in the mail two weeks earlier than expected. After looking it over and reading some of the patterns I have to say that this book looks pretty great. It includes techniques, stitch intructions, embellishments, resources, and photos of each square. The instructions are simple to follow. I can't wait to use this to crochet some Christmas presents!
Amanda Walker
I was a First Reads winner for this book.

Easy to follow pictures, clear instructions. Not only does the book have patterns, it also contains pictoral descriptions of stitches, suggestions for yarn choices, and alternative ideas for the included projects. Great for a beginner or an intermediate crocheter.
Lori
Great book!! I'm a beginner crocheter and understood all the illustrations and pattern directions. Nice variety of squares. I'm also pleased that there is a reference to several stitches, easy to go back if I forget how to do them!
Dru
Great book for all levels. A book filled with clear explanations and wonderful ideas.
Agnes Peter
Agnes Peter marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Carla Marchesini
Carla Marchesini marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Emilly Tan
Emilly Tan marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Chris Wackett
Chris Wackett marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Labeba Salameh
Labeba Salameh marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Akira
Akira marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Feliz Madiad
Feliz Madiad marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
M.D. Savran
M.D. Savran marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Dua
Dua marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
  • 50 Sunflowers to Knit, Crochet & Felt: Patterns and Projects Packed with Lush and Vibrant Colors That You Will Love to Make
  • Crochet One-Skein Wonders
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • 75 Floral Blocks to Crochet: Beautiful Patterns to Mix and Match for Afghans, Throws, Baby Blankets, and More
  • Crochet Red: Crocheting for Women's Heart Health
  • "A" Is for Apron: 25 Fresh & Flirty Designs
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, 2nd Edition: *All You Need to Know to Crochet *The Essential Reference for Novice and Expert Crocheters *Comprehensive Guide to Crochet Tools and Techniques *Packed with Hundreds of Tips and Ideas *Step-by-Step Inst...
  • Mary Tudor: Courageous Queen or Bloody Mary?
  • Domino Knitting
  • 75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet  (Leisure Arts #15906) (Donna Kooler's Series)
  • In the Shape of a Man
  • Epoch Dawning
  • Knitwear Design Workshop: A Comprehensive Guide to Handknits
  • Zakka Sewing: 25 Japanese Projects for the Household
Leonie Morgan is a freelance crochet designer who runs her own craft business and blog, WoolnHook. A self taught crocheter with a love of colour and design, she is the author of 100 Bright & Colorful Granny Squares to Mix and Match. Leonie lives in Wales, UK, where she spends her time walking in the mountains and playing with wool.
More about Leonie Morgan...
100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet: A Feast of Eye-Popping Colorways for Blankets, Throws and Accessories Wir sind Mops