Vagos, Mongols, and Outlaws: My Infiltration of America's Deadliest Biker Gangs

Vagos, Mongols, and Outlaws: My Infiltration of America's Deadliest Biker Gangs

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The gripping account from an ex-con who went undercover to help the ATF infiltrate three of America’s most violent biker gangs

Despite lacking any experience with motorcycle gangs, Charles Falco infiltrated three of America’s deadliest biker gangs: the Vagos, Mongols, and Outlaws. In separate investigations that spanned years and coasts, Falco risked his life, suffering a f...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Thomas Dunne Books

Cheryl
I have recently found myself gravitating more towards non fiction novels. Thus the reason that I picked up this book to read it. In addition, that I like to read about subject matters that sound appealing to me, true crimes, and events that I am not familiar with.

First off let me just comment and state that the things that Mr. Falco went through while undercover in these bike gangs is wicked crazy. I can not imagine how desperate you have to be to volunteer to do this type of job. Someone who d...more
Randy
this book really lost momentum in the middle. the first 50 pages were great and i was stoked, but it became just very repetitive and not all that interesting. 2.5 stars.
Nicky
I finally had to put this book down. I love true crime books, and realize that many of the autobiographical ones are self serving, but between this book's disjointed and chaotic writing style, shallow views, and the author's attempt to portray himself as a good guy among people he finds disgusting (not just the bikers; prison guards and police are often portrayed the same way), I found it hard to believe.
Maybe it gets better, but several chapters in left me questioning how much of this true stor...more
Allison
I mainly read this because I am partial to Hunter Thompson's Hell's Angels.

This is not on a level with that, but I wasn't expecting it to be. It's a fast, engaging read that rings truer when dude is less concerned with portraying himself as a do-gooder and more in touch with his adrenaline addiction and resistance to the mundane. This, in fact, is the most compelling aspect of this book. Apparently motorcycle outlaws are not modern day pirates, just tedious, racist, misogynistic (probably goes...more
Lee
An OK book about a confidential informant who goes undercover,, first with the Vagos in California and then after being relocated to the East Coast in witness protection going undercover with the Outlaws in Virginia.
Lesli Kraft
I came into this book expecting a look into the world of motorcycle gangs. What I got was a bitter taste for these types of people. I hated this book but forced myself to finish it with hopes it would improve. People need to be warned about the graphic and disturbing images this book will paint. While I did expect the graphic portion I didn't expect to be left with such a felling of disappointment as I see a motorcycle gang riding down the road. This is probably an unfair stereotype of people. T...more
Jim
A decent, though possibly self-serving, account of an informant who penetrated motorcycle gangs. Although the story was fine, it really lacked in detail it seemed. Of course, people who can do this are a special breed, especially cops and federal agents, who risk not only their lives but often their families as well. With all the paranoia that bikers exhibit, it is amazing not more of these guys/gals aren't revealed. I wondered why more screening and attention was made to catching individuals th...more
Sue
I was interested in this book but it took me a while to get through. I think one reason is because it is disturbing and violent. Another is because I couldn't keep up with the names of the bikers. There was little definitive description of any of them. I don't usually read books like this and, as I said, it was an interesting look into the deadly biker gang mentality. If you like true, gritty crime this might be the book for you.
Ricci
This book was really good. I really gave an insight of what goes on in the biker lifestyle, which is crazy. I don't want to give any spoilers but I kind of got the feeling that the guy that wrote this was holding out a little. Either way a good read!
Brent
Excellent piece of true crime non-fiction about an informant who worked to bring down outlaw motorcycle gangs. Surprisingly well-written and detailed, it gives an insider perspective on the "biker culture" and real-world "Sons of Anarchy".
Troy Mason
I enjoyed this book. It's amazing to me that one guy could get inside three of the biggest MCs in the country, but apparently he is a glutton for punishment. I liked the book. There's not a lot of new information in it, but it is well written.
Pamela
This is a gritty read and not for the faint of heart. Any woman that believes that outlaw motorcycle clubs are like those portrayed by romance writers should read this for a reality check.
Arlo
Feb 15, 2013 Arlo added it
I read this book over two days. If you're a fan of these biker tell all you won't be disappointed with this. A lot better than her last book about the Pagans.
Stephan
If you are a fan of "this is how i infiltrated a notoriously violent OMG" type of book, read this. I found it easy to read and follow.
Grenita
author used too much lingo without explanation. book ended abruptly. interesting topic though.
Shan
Aug 27, 2013 Shan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Excellent, but I like these kinds of books.
Jeremy
Dull and poorly written.
Edwina
Edwina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Rodney Scott
Rodney Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Gurvan
Gurvan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Allisa
Allisa is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Tricia Kostichka
Tricia Kostichka marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Vagos, Mongols and Outlaws Vagos, Mongols und Outlaws - Als V-Mann bei den brutalsten Biker-Gangs Amerikas (German Edition) The Gold Star Buyer's Companion