Start by marking “Warm Hearts” as Want to Read:

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Barbara Delinsky

It's a steamy summer night in Georgetown, and Caroline Cooper is feeling the heat--in more ways than one. Her job, her family, her love life: everything's reached a boiling point and Caroline needs to cool off. But when she opens her apartment window for air, she finds herself staring at one very hot neighbor on the fire escape across t
Published September 25th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Warm Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warm Hearts

Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Crystal
Source: Publisher
Crystal's review was first posted at Romancing the Book's blog.

I choose to read Warm Hearts by Barbara Delinsky because I've loved her work for years. Warm Hearts contains two re-releases of older works.

I had originally read the first story HEAT WAVE several years ago. I enjoyed reading Caroline & Brendon's story again. Granted there are a few things that are missing for this day and age. The one major thing I think you notice is the absence of cell phones.
so glad Barbara Delinsky learned how to write after she wrote these two stories.
Julie A Sochacki
Barbara Delinsky is one of my favorites, and these 2 stories do not disappoint.
I just love Barbara Delinsky's writing.
I always love Barbara Delinsky books, I like the way she brings you into the story and you really get to know the characters like they were friends or family. This book was good a story line that was intriguing and mysterious somewhat. Also a love story...
Nur Fathiah
Just the kind of romance I was looking for. Enjoyed both heat wave and a special something.
This book is misleading. It was published in 2012 but the (two) stories were written in the 80's. The problem is that they were 1980's situations, completely outdated. I bet this book would have stroke a cord with 1980's women as they were struggling to find their place in the workforce and were seeking romance romances that weren't bodice rippers, yet still wanted their heroes to just "save" the women.
A set of 2 stories that are easy summer reads. They hold no great suspense and follow a similar pattern but they would make great poolside/beachside accompaniments. This was my first Delinsky book and while I liked it, I don't know that her work is something I will seek out. That said, if another book of hers falls into my lap as this one did, I will most certainly read it.
Somewhere in the book the perfection is too much of that the male protagonist was described. The book is a bit daydreamish. Somehow I enjoyed reading it, especially when someone is in search of such kind of romance to nurture a heart and soul. Enjoyed it just like eating my favorite sweet chewy junior.
run-of-the-mill romance stories are never my cup of coffee. I'm sure this book will be enjoyable for other people. It just doesnt work for me, that's all!
Michel Boucher
I didn't finish reading this book, because it's one of those cheesy boring unrealistic romance story that only provides fantasies for women.
Karen Benson

This is actually two shorter stories, the first of which I forced myself to finish. The second I won't waste my time on.
Two separate short stories - both were lacking a real story or any depth what so ever. Girl meets boy... they sleep together... the end.
Kelly Smith
Kinda steamy and daydreamish. Not a probable situation but nice to think about...quick read.
An enjoyable read. A nice book to read while having tea at home with the music on.
First story was very nice, the second one was dull and blah. Read for the first one.
Lisa Eichholz
Really could not get into this book. :-( Hard to get thru it.
Very simple, old-fashioned love story.
Melissa Ling
Melissa Ling marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Sunnykd is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2015
Ben Brown
Ben Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Shannon Ferguson
Shannon Ferguson marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • The Icing on the Cake
  • You Take It From Here
  • Mother Before Wife (The Compound, #2)
  • Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1)
  • The Wedding Date (Save the Date, #0.5)
  • The Shadow Queen: A Novel of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor
  • Another Year
  • Prince William: Born to be King
  • Cold Justice
  • Pieces of my Heart
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...
Not My Daughter While My Sister Sleeps The Secret Between Us Coast Road Family Tree