Start by marking “Warm Hearts” as Want to Read:

Barbara Delinsky

HEAT WAVE

It's a steamy summer night in Georgetown, and Caroline Cooper is feeling the heat—in more ways than one. Her job, her family, her love life: everything's reached a boiling point and Caroline needs to cool off. But when she opens her apartment window for air, she finds herself staring at one very hot neighbor on the fire escape across th
Published September 25th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Warm Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warm Hearts

Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Crystal
Source: Publisher
Crystal's review was first posted at Romancing the Book's blog.

I choose to read Warm Hearts by Barbara Delinsky because I've loved her work for years. Warm Hearts contains two re-releases of older works.

I had originally read the first story HEAT WAVE several years ago. I enjoyed reading Caroline & Brendon's story again. Granted there are a few things that are missing for this day and age. The one major thing I think you notice is the absence of cell phones.
Jasmin
May 12, 2013 Jasmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Barbara Delinsky's writing.
Beverly
Jan 27, 2015 Beverly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
so glad Barbara Delinsky learned how to write after she wrote these two stories.
Julie A Sochacki
Jun 30, 2014 Julie A Sochacki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Delinsky is one of my favorites, and these 2 stories do not disappoint.
Jessie
Dec 11, 2012 Jessie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is misleading. It was published in 2012 but the (two) stories were written in the 80's. The problem is that they were 1980's situations, completely outdated. I bet this book would have stroke a cord with 1980's women as they were struggling to find their place in the workforce and were seeking romance romances that weren't bodice rippers, yet still wanted their heroes to just "save" the women.
Kayla
May 01, 2013 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere in the book the perfection is too much of that the male protagonist was described. The book is a bit daydreamish. Somehow I enjoyed reading it, especially when someone is in search of such kind of romance to nurture a heart and soul. Enjoyed it just like eating my favorite sweet chewy junior.
A set of 2 stories that are easy summer reads. They hold no great suspense and follow a similar pattern but they would make great poolside/beachside accompaniments. This was my first Delinsky book and while I liked it, I don't know that her work is something I will seek out. That said, if another book of hers falls into my lap as this one did, I will most certainly read it.
Sharyn
Dec 31, 2015 Sharyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought I would give Delinsky a try. An OK story, but I didn't really get into it. It took a long time for the hero and heroine to meet, and there was a lot of thinking about each other from afar. Also, all the other characters were quite annoying! Just wanted to day enough already.
Sandy
Mar 04, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love Barbara Delinsky books, I like the way she brings you into the story and you really get to know the characters like they were friends or family. This book was good a story line that was intriguing and mysterious somewhat. Also a love story...
Karen Benson
Apr 02, 2013 Karen Benson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing.

This is actually two shorter stories, the first of which I forced myself to finish. The second I won't waste my time on.
Starlak
Nov 24, 2012 Starlak rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Two separate short stories - both were lacking a real story or any depth what so ever. Girl meets boy... they sleep together... the end.
Rin
Feb 22, 2014 Rin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
run-of-the-mill romance stories are never my cup of coffee. I'm sure this book will be enjoyable for other people. It just doesnt work for me, that's all!
Michelle Boucher
Feb 26, 2015 Michelle Boucher rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't finish reading this book, because it's one of those cheesy boring unrealistic romance story that only provides fantasies for women.
Esther Lui
Esther Lui rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Michelle Preece
Michelle Preece rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Roni
Roni rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Margie Whitson
Margie Whitson rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Millabj
Millabj rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Leslie
Apr 06, 2013 Leslie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very simple, old-fashioned love story.
Allie
Allie rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Debbie Ogan
Debbie Ogan rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
Teresa Locklear
Teresa Locklear rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Nur Fathiah
Aug 05, 2015 Nur Fathiah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just the kind of romance I was looking for. Enjoyed both heat wave and a special something.
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • Mai Tai Marriage (Aloha, #3)
  • Love's Gift: 8 Christian Romances Celebrating the True Meaning of Christmas
  • The Lynching of Louie Sam
  • Best Lesbian Romance 2012
  • The Perfect Crime
  • Happy Birthday to You (Birthday Trilogy, #3)
  • To My Assistant: Things I'll Never Do to You, But Many Other Crazy Bosses Will
  • Motherless
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to World History
  • Fool for Love
  • Prince William: Born to be King
  • The Icing on the Cake
  • Cold Justice
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Philosophy
  • This Side of Heaven (The Protectors, #1) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #453)
  • Hungry Heart: Adventures in Life, Love, and Writing
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...