Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  6 reviews
It is the first day at Mulberry School and everything is going wrong for one shy little pig. Embarrassed and upset by the morning's mishaps, he decides he would rather hide under the mulberry bush than play with the other children. Luckily, he soon makes the wonderful discovery that a friend can turn up in the most unlikely place. . . .
Bringing the same imaginative brilli...more
Published August 1st 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

Samantha Penrose
An adorable story about a little pig who is less than thrilled about his first day of school.
This little piggy doesn't want to be at school. He is uncomfortable around the other children and feels awkward during classroom activities. It turns out that he is not the only shy little piggy and he makes a like-minded friend while hiding in the bushes during recess.
The two little piggy's help each other to relax and have a good time and soon they both come to the realization that school is not such...more
Barbara
This version of the song is all about being nervous on the first day of school. Great for preschool or kindergarteners. The illustrations are soft water colors but Hillenbrand has added a black outline so the pictures will be easily seen at story time. He also puts plenty of detail in his illustrations to talk about when reading one on one. This is also one of the few books showing a child (pig) in a wheelchair.
Cheryl
I like any kids' book that has a good story, nice illustrations, and includes images of kids in wheelchairs as a matter of routine. This story is about a little pig who is a little overwhelmed at his first day of school.
Tricia
lyrics of the song with story about going to school. not use for music and movement because the kids are so young.
Nancy (NE)
Can be sung to the tune - deals with the first day of kindergarten - a must in my early fall curriculum.
Darlene
REally cute book about starting kindergarten.
Yoshimi
Yoshimi marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Linden
Linden added it
Jun 10, 2014
Magila
Magila marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jun 17, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
Danica Midlil
Danica Midlil marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2011
Arbid
Arbid added it
Nov 23, 2011
Will Hillenbrand is the illustrator of many children's books, including THIS LITTLE PIGGY, edited by Jane Yolen, and KISS THE COW! by Phyllis Root. He is also the author-illustrator of DOWN BY THE STATION. He lives in Terrace Park, Ohio with his wife, Jane, and their son, Ian.
More about Will Hillenbrand...
Spring Is Here Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story Down by the Station Off We Go! Mother Goose Picture Puzzles