Start by marking “Power Play” as Want to Read:
Power Play

Power Play (1Night Stand)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Natalie Fritz didn't need a night of sexual adventure as payment for setting her friend up, but she wouldn't turn it down either. Determined to make sure she gets exactly what she wants, she makes a call to Madame Eve and requests not one, but two dates for the evening. What she doesn't expect is for those men to be players on her friend's hockey team.

Ian and Todd find th
ebook
Published August 31st 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published August 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Power Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Play

Corina
Dec 15, 2012 Corina rated it really liked it
Power Play

All I can coherently say at this moment in time is holy hell that was hot!

I have read quite a few naughty short stories lately and Power Play might be my favorite one. First before I even mention how awesome Natalie is let’s talk about the hockey players. Yes, count them two hockey players, two. Hockey is my second favorite sport and the way Emily Cale describes these two guys, well it’s possible I want to jump on them myself.

Too much information? Yeah, I’d apologize, but I’m not rea
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Dec 15, 2012 Tee loves Kyle Jacobson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-must-reads
****THIS REVIEW IS INTENDED FOR AN ADULT AUDIENCE DUE TO SEXUAL CONTENT****

Power Play is a short Novella but boy oh boy it is packed with hot passion and sex! I am in love with this 1Night Stand Series. In this novella we get Natalie's story. Natalie is a Lawyer and she loves her job. She is not getting any younger and her mother keeps pointing that out to her. But Natalie has some fantasies she would like to fulfill before she marries and has children. So when she talks to TJ her best friend w
Liberty Ann Ireland
Dec 17, 2012 Liberty Ann Ireland rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance, Erotica, Menage
A short, smoking hot Novella, Power Play makes all the right moves. Part of the One Night Stand Series, this story presents with a young woman who contacts Madame Eve and her 1 Night Stand service as a gift from her girlfriend. Natalie requests a special evening complete with 2 men for the evening. When they turn out to be members of her friend's Hockey team, it is practically a deal-breaker before the night begins.

The Good: Power Play is a mercilessly short 37 pages. It reads quickly and is a p
Emily
Dec 14, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Natalie Fritz decided to try Madame Eve's 1 Night Stand service, since her best friend ended up having the best evening of her life. She wants her ultimate fantasy, two men who will treasure her body for just one night. Hockey players Ian and Todd like to share women, but approaching a woman about what they want to do doesn't always go as planned, not to mention their notoriety needs to maintain some discretion. Seeing Natalie they both feel like they have been giving a gift, but will one night ...more
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 19, 2012 Ronda Tutt rated it liked it
Ménage Heaven awaits Natalie when she goes through her set up with Madam Eve. With two strong sexy Hockey players, who could resist all those hardening muscles? The authors’ writing is smooth and the sexual scenes are entertaining keeping my lustful interest awakened. I thought the story line was good but wanted to know more into the back grounds of each character so I could get a better feel for their commitment to further their relationship just from a one night stand. I look forward to readin ...more
Romancing the Book
Jun 07, 2015 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Reviewed by Lori
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book
Book provided by the publisher for review

This short read was really enjoyable. It was entertaining and it was fast reading. The only complaint I would have would be that it ended too quickly. I like the fact that the story ended ambiguously, it means that the reader gets to decide how the story will continue.

The three protagonists Natalie, Todd and Ian all want to be with each other but fear how people will react to their non-traditio
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I must admit that I find myself mildly addicted to the 1NightStand series. One never knows exactly what one might be getting - much like the characters in this series who are all drawn together by the still elusive matchmaker Madame Eve. Unlike the passionate encounters that these characters find themselves in - all hits for them - I've come across some stories that fell into the "miss" category. Luckily, Power Play by Emile Cale dodges that category with ease.

Natalie's friend TJ wants nothing m
Phaedra Seabolt
Oct 31, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it it was amazing
This book is considered an erotica which means it is not for anyone under 18. It's only 37 pages long so it is a very fast read. I would say this is something you would want to read to just put you in the mood for other pleasures. It is extremely well written and very hard to put down. Natalie is a lawyer who has accepted this blind date set up for her by her friend TJ in response to Natalie having done the same thing for TJ. It worked out so well for TJ that she wanted to give Natalie a chance ...more
Kathleen
Dec 14, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Can a one night stand with two hunky hockey players satisfy one woman's deepest fantasy?

Attorney Natalie Fritz has been set up on a date by her best friend TJ, using Madam Eve's 1 Night Stand dating service. This is TJ's payback for Natalie signing her up with the same service, which had turned out well for her. Natalie figures since the service was successful for TJ, she would give it a shot too, but changes the date request from one man to two men to fulfill a long held fantasy.

Professional ho
Gaele
Nov 28, 2012 Gaele rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
An 18+ erotic novella that contains elements of ménage (MFM) .

This is my second encounter with a book that was created for Decadent Publishing’s 1Night Stand series and utilizes the services of Madame Eve: a clever background for novellas that are meant to serve as a fantasy fulfillment for just one night.

As an erotic novella, this book works on all fronts. Character development is not in the foreground, although having two male characters and using “he” makes for a bit of a confusing read. Th
Tricia Kristufek
Dec 15, 2012 Tricia Kristufek rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
I've spent enough time around hockey players to know that they aren't the kind of guys that I want to waste my time with.

Natalie knows what she wants, and what she doesn't. So when her friend tries to pay her back for setting her up, Natalie insists on making it a night to remember by requesting not one, but two men from Madame Eve's 1 Night Stand service. However, when they turn out to be hockey players from her friend's team, she's not so sure she'll get what she wants.

Even though the piece wa
Tana
Dec 15, 2012 Tana rated it liked it
Power Play by Emily Cade

Power Play is a short Novella, Emily Cade’s writing is good the story develops quite fast and if full of hot passion and desire. I enjoyed Emily’s writing style and even though this was a short novel it really did make you want to read more.

Natalie is a busy career woman and knows she wants to get married and have children one day, but she has fantasies she would love to be fulfilled first. She ends up calling 1Nightstand Agency to help her dreams come true. She meets Ia
Proserpine
Dec 17, 2012 Proserpine rated it it was amazing
Wow, it was my first book from the author Emily Cale and it won't be the last! I was greatly surprise by the whole story, Nathalie's discovery of another kind of sex play and most of all, the interesting twist at the end!

The book isn't really long, but from the first page, I was hooked, it was a page turner and when it was unfortunately the end, I was kind of shocked at the end. I didn't expect it, but in a way, I was (secretly) hoping it might end like this!

Emily Cale isn't at her first ''try''
Redheaded Bookworm
Dec 16, 2012 Redheaded Bookworm rated it really liked it
Menage anyone? Yes, please. As you all know, I'm a sucker for a well written menage! Well, Power Play does not disappoint. It's hot and steamy in all the right places. I wish it was a little longer, so we could get more connected to the characters, but I enjoyed it just the same. If you like fast, hot reads, this one is for you. I look forward to reading more from Emily Cale!

I received this book from the tour company for review!
Susan
Dec 14, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I actually enjoyed this short novella, but a bit longer would have been much better. I found the characters connection with each other flowed very smoothly which is a rarity in erotica. A must read for those who love a nice short hot story.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Sep 28, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
What a great story! I love the characters! Can't wait to read the next one!!

In this one, Natalie, who is TJ's best friend from Goalie Interference, is our female character. Todd and Ian are Scott's teammates from GI as well.

Karin
May 27, 2013 Karin rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut
My only problem with this books, it was way too short...
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Chantalbt1980 B
Chantalbt1980 B marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Lucy Alay
Lucy Alay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Deb Kendall
Deb Kendall marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Connie
Connie added it
Dec 03, 2015
Cassidy Mallett
Cassidy Mallett marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emily Cale writes erotic romances in the contemporary, paranormal, and western genres.

Emily started writing in elementary school and continued through high school. Much to her family's dismay, she decided to go to college to major in creative writing. Years later, she would come to appreciate the scars she earned in that program and start writing again.

Emily currently lives in Pittsburgh, PA, wi
More about Emily Cale...

1Night Stand (1 - 10 of 234 books)
  • To Feel Again (1Night Stand, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Just For Tonight (1Night Stand, #4)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Burn Me if You Can (1Night Stand, #6)
  • Fairy Casanova (1Night Stand, #7)
  • Panties Optional (1Night Stand, #8)
  • It's a Jungle Out There (1Night Stand, #9)
  • The Middlesex Suite (1Night Stand, #10)