Start by marking “The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight” as Want to Read:
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  37 reviews
The Hairy Bikers have lost almost 6 stone between them and you can lose weight too...

Si King and Dave Myers are self-confessed food lovers. Food isn't just fuel to them, it's their life. But, like many of us, they've found that the weight has crept on over the years. So they've made a big decision to act before it's too late and lose some pounds. In this groundbreaking die
Published August 2nd 2012 by Orion Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Hairy Dieters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hairy Dieters

Cora Tea Party Princess
A fantastic cookbook filled with easy to follow, delicious recipes - and surprisingly generous portions.

There are also tips and tricks and ideas to expand on the recipes included in the book.
Emma
The first recipe I have tried from this book is the Fresh Fruit Compote with Home-Made Granola (pg.23). I have substituted frozen berries for the fresh berries as I couldn't get these in the shops at a reasonable price in january. I have cooked the fruit for and extra 5 minutes as its frozen, but it still tastes delicious. I've never tried making home made granola before but it came out really well and tasty. I would probably just make it with sultanas next time rather than mixed dried fruit, bu ...more
Justyna Chwiedczenia
Nie oszukujmy się. Si i Dave Ameryki nie odkrywają. Nie dowiedziałam się z tej książki niczego, czego nie wiedziałam wcześniej. Ale to nic, bo te wszystkie oczywistości, to naprawdę jeden z najlepszych kroków do stracenia na wadze (jeśli połączy się dietę z ćwiczeniami!).
Po pierwszym przejrzeniu uznałam, że jest to książka dla ludzi otyłych, zmagających się z ogromna nadwagą. Nic bardziej mylnego. Ale na pewno może być bardzo pomocna dla osób, które nigdy na diecie nie były, lub wcześniejsze w o
Libbeth
The recipes I have made from this book turned out just like the photographs and tasted yummy. You have to bear in mind that some of the recipes are not a complete meal and so you would have to count in extra calories for rice and such.
Katy
Recipes really tasty so far and an easy read. Good sensible dieting tips but will just use for the excellent low-fat recipes.
Christine Harris
A cookery book with a difference thoroughly entertaining
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
First cookbook I ever bought online. We watched the series and my OH said, "Right, get online and order it." And I was glad I did. After it came, I cooked my way through it.
This book is for people like me: hardline foodies who love to cook--and love to eat. People who need a little push, a few tips and tricks, to do what we need to do--eat well and sensibly at the same time. I've prepared a good 90% of the recipes (skipped the dessert section) and they are all keepers. I didn't try the desserts
Lisa
First off, there are some great recipes in here! The calorie count per portion for each recipe in the book is an obvious plus in a diet book, however, these counts are for just the main of a dish and don't include the side dishes that would complete the meal. We all love a curry, right!? But it's a little disappointing when you have to add extra calorie allowances for the rice too! I mean who eats curry without rice (or potatoes) as an accompaniment? If it was me writing a book like this I would ...more
Chris
Obviously not reading this book cover to cover but dipping in and out of it try some of the recipes or at least adapt their philosophy which is all about ingredient substitution. There is clear information in about what is a calories and about healthy eating. This quote isn't rocket science but it seems to be something we all forget in our quest for the 'perfect diet':

"Our experts explained to us that in order to lose weight, you have to take in fewer calories so that body has to use its stores
Chellie
This book has become my bible for great recipes of comfort foods that are healthy at the same time, and a family pleasure for those who are not interested in eating healthy, they don't even know they are. Broken down into a well thought out and constructed sections: calories calculated per portion and clear ingredient lists make these straight forward and easy to prepare. Simple ingredients list which is truly refreshing to most cook books that need over 15 ingredients for each. All ingredients ...more
RosieJo
Fantastic cook book, full of tasty recipes that are simply laid out and easy to follow
Anne Wright
The Hairy Bikers Dieters; How to love food

Wow of course they love food and they have time and the inclination to adjust recipes to reduce calories etc. but the book is great and I love it.

I love the Bikers and have a variety of their books and each one is informative and clear recipes.
Eleanor
Loved it! Loved he recipes, Loved that it had the cal count for get meal and portion just planned loved this book. Prob one of the best diet recipe book out right now!
Joanna

Great book to inspire weight loss. However it is probably best to double check the calorie count as in one recipe (chicken bake) the tally was far higher than quoted. Others tried are right though, and thee skinny beef lasagne tasted just like lasagne, with the cheese topping despite being 364 calories a person!
Pauline
Really delicious recipes and low fat! Is that possible? Yes it is, those Hairy Bikers have produced wonderful meals to keep you healthy.
Simple to make, easy to follow instructions and superb results.
Wonder how they will follow this book as they surely can't go back to their fatty ways can they?
Ellena Downes
Loved these recipes and they gave me the push-start I desperately needed to shift those extra pounds. The one pot dishes, currys and even deserts with helpful calorie content were excellent.
Just looking at their before and after pictures made you want the same results.
Audrey
Although many of the recipes are meat/fish based, there are enough vegetarian ones or ones that are easily adapted to be meatless, to make me glad I got this book. The best thing is that they give tips you can use to reduce the fat/calorie content in many recipes.
Sharon
Feb 05, 2013 Sharon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Great recipes. Five tried so far and they were very good.

Will have to see if I lose any weight though as only the first week.

Recipes tried so far:
Crumpets with fruit (breakfast)
Cottage Pie
Paprika Chicken
Beachside Paella
Skinny Beef Lasagne
Becca
Sep 28, 2012 Becca rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
I got this book for my Mum. We have tried a good number of the recipes and they are delicious! It is the best cookbook we have ever had in the house and it has a lot of great weight loss tips too. I would highly recommend it, it's fabulous.
Jemma
Great book. Yummy recipes. Best cook book I have ever owned. Some of the recipes do take some interpretation and it would be better to have an overall cook time at the top. Overall a great book.
Heather
Have tried 85% of the recipes in this book, all have become firm family favourites. A must for anyone who loves good food, full of flavour but wants to watch their waistline.
Voirrey
I do like a lot of Dave and Si's recipes - but I think I might go back to the paper version as, somehow, recipe books on kindle are not as inspiring as they are on the page.
Rebecca tedder
I love these guys and doing it the healthier way is a double recipe for success. Well done boys, I have 4 recipes I am dying to try out. :)
Tracey Watson
A nice variety of recipes if you are trying to watch your weight or eat healthier. I borrowed it from the local library but will buy a copy.
Sherri
Haven't had one fail from this book so far. Plus it's full of basic tips that you can apply to all recipes. Hat tip to Si and Dave!
Elaine
Excellent book. I have never cooked as many recipes out of one book as I have this one! I cannot recommend it highly enough!
Tracy
What a fantastic recipe book, not only healthy food but its tasty as well, which for me is vitally important
Deborah Longmore
Great weight loss tips, and all the recipes featured in the tv series which was fantastic. A brilliant book.
Fiona
Feb 17, 2013 Fiona rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Low calorie versions of foods dieters might miss. Good concept if you're in that category.
Cathy Martin
Only tried a couple of recipes but they were nice. Excellent to watch live if they come near you.
Food and Fiction.: Hairy Dieters 2 12 Dec 17, 2013 11:03AM
  • Notes from the Larder: A Kitchen Diary with Recipes
  • The River Cottage Year
  • The Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets
  • Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
  • Delia's Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition
  • Jamie's Great Britain
  • How to Bake
  • Preserves (River Cottage Handbook, #2)
  • The River Cottage Mushroom Handbook (River Cottage Handbook, #1)
  • Dough: Simple Contemporary Breads [With DVD]
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Polpo: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
  • Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
"Mums Know Best": The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook The Hairy Bikers' Big Book of Baking The Hairy Bikers' 12 Days Of Christmas: Fabulous Festive Recipes To Feed Your Family And Friends The Hairy Bikers Cookbook. Dave Myers and Si King Hairy Bikers Ride Again